Title: Sunrise Energy oilsands tells 1,000 workers to leave job site
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2015-03-12 11:20:59
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Christian Labour Association of Canada WTF? Is that even legal?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Cut throat corporate games are in full effect now. Lots of spontaneous contractor dismissals going on. Husky/Hong Kong wasn't a pleasant one to work for prior to this and it sounds like they're managing to behave even worse, although not even letting the guys go collect their personal equipment and other stuff from the office trailers is a new low even for an oil company.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:09 pm

andyt andyt:
Christian Labour Association of Canada WTF? Is that even legal?

Their website states that they apply principles of social justice to labor relations and the workplace. That ought to make your nipples hard. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:18 pm

nOt if they restrict membership to Christians. If not, why call yourself Christian.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:32 pm

Its just a name, they aren't restricting anyone from joining. From reading on their website, they seem to have their act together. They seem like the type of union we need more of.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:36 pm

I'm all for that, but just not comfortable with the name. No more than Islamic Labor Assn or any other religion.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:18 am

CLAC was founded by a Guy with the name Christian. Having said that they are definitly not Christian. While I do not subscribe to any Religion, they are certainly not Christians. CLAC could be described as an Employer's club, of which the primary goal is to forestall certification by Building Trades Unions, and keep their Employees working for lower wages and virtually no benefits. They are bottom feeders and bottom of the barrell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:21 am

Further to the above post CLAC is in constant Violation of many if not all Labour laws

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:13 am

Yeah CLAC is known to be a very employer-friendly Union , often accused of being more sympathetic to the company than the members. I've even read theories that it was intentionally founded to be an anti-union union, ie true purpose is to keep other unions out of the shop. Lots on the web about them.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:02 am

When things turn around Husky Oil like other companies is going to find themselves in trouble.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:26 am

garryb garryb:
CLAC was founded by a Guy with the name Christian. Having said that they are definitly not Christian.

:lol:

Andy could learn from this quality troll.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:21 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Yeah CLAC is known to be a very employer-friendly Union , often accused of being more sympathetic to the company than the members. I've even read theories that it was intentionally founded to be an anti-union union, ie true purpose is to keep other unions out of the shop. Lots on the web about them.

So is the guy right that it was founded by a guy named Christian? Seems improbable. But then so does the concept of a labor association based on religion. Wow have we sunk low in this country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 am

I never heard that part before. Doesn't sound likely to me either. EDIT: and after a quick google, I'll officially proclaim it debunked, (not that it really needed to be).