CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27860
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:41 pm
 


Title: Surging U.S. deficit a warning for Canadians wanting tax cuts: Don Pittis
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-10-18 06:50:32
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12509
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:41 pm
 


Wot??!! Republicans running all branches of government and there’s a deficit? A ‘surging’ deficit no less? How come this is a hanging offence any time Democrats hold office and Republicans vow this is something they’d never do??

Bart, Fiddle, apologists, explain!!


Last edited by BeaverFever on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 372
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:20 pm
 


Always the same with libtards.
When shit was going down all over the world in 2008, libs and block and dippers threatened to bring down house if immediate spending didn't happen. So against cons best interest, money was spent that we didn't have. Then of course blame was laid at cons feet for the spending.

Never again please!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12509
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 am
 


newz wrote:
Always the same with libtards.
When shit was going down all over the world in 2008, libs and block and dippers threatened to bring down house if immediate spending didn't happen. So against cons best interest, money was spent that we didn't have. Then of course blame was laid at cons feet for the spending.

Never again please!


Oh I see conservatives aren’t responsible for the policies that they choose to enact. Harper was PM for 9 years and ran deficits in every single one of those years (technically not the last one which is debatable) but the Liberals made him do it. It’s all liberals fault. Trump and the Republican Congress are running some of the biggest deficits in recent decades but it’s somehow the Democrats fault.

But don’t worry, as we’ve established here already, for advanced ecomies with their own currency, below a certain threshold debt doesn’t matter. So you’re safe. Just don’t follow the Republican’s kead and usr it a false pretext to enrich the wealthy and impoverish everyone else.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12509
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:58 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Wot??!! Republicans running all branches of government and there’s a deficit? A ‘surging’ deficit no less? How come this is a hanging offence any time Democrats hold office and Republicans vow this is something they’d never do??

Bart, Fiddle, apologists, explain!!


Hmm why are the Republican-lovers so silent?


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8324
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am
 


How about no tax cuts, but a significant increase in the basic personal exemption?
Oh wait, that would only help the right people.... :roll:


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28883
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:05 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Harper was PM for 9 years and ran deficits in every single one of those years (technically not the last one which is debatable)



No longer! With the way the budget office will now calculate the future CPP liabilities, older budgets have been recalculated and that budget is now a half billion dollar defect.


http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=106752


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60829
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 am
 


Now we need to cut spending to match revenues.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1003
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:41 am
 


I wouldn't blame Harper for the early deficits after the global financial crash. Politicians aren't really in charge of a monster like the economy. All they can do is give it a few pokes, hope it gets the message and, above all, do nothing to make things worse. The easiest thing in the world is to cut taxes and increase spending but it obviously is bad policy near the top of a cycle. Unfortunately, my own preference for high taxes and low spending is not a big vote getter.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 372
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:27 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
newz wrote:
Always the same with libtards.
When shit was going down all over the world in 2008, libs and block and dippers threatened to bring down house if immediate spending didn't happen. So against cons best interest, money was spent that we didn't have. Then of course blame was laid at cons feet for the spending.

Never again please!


the Liberals made him do it. It’s all liberals fault.


It wasn't just the liberals it was the dippers and bloc too.
I was furious that they caved in at the time. Would rather they had let the house fall and gone back to polls.
Most likely would have returned with a majority and that would have been the end of the panic spending libs and blocs and dips are so fond of.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 372
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 pm
 


herbie wrote:
How about no tax cuts, but a significant increase in the basic personal exemption?

I agree with you. Surprise!


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10993
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 pm
 


newz wrote:
herbie wrote:
How about no tax cuts, but a significant increase in the basic personal exemption?

I agree with you. Surprise!

I agree with this thought as well. It should be at both the Federal and Provincial level.


Online
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 5285
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:02 am
 


Strutz wrote:
newz wrote:
herbie wrote:
How about no tax cuts, but a significant increase in the basic personal exemption?

I agree with you. Surprise!

I agree with this thought as well. It should be at both the Federal and Provincial level.

Agree, but because it makes sense, it'll never happen.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.