Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:48 am

I learned a long time ago not to argue with people who think they know what they're talking about but don't. And I've read your fantasy budgetary ideas. Your grounding in economics is on par with your grounding in law.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:57 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
I learned a long time ago not to argue with people who think they know what they're talking about but don't. And I've read your fantasy budgetary ideas. Your grounding in economics is on par with your grounding in law.

Good advice. You need to read your own post.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Winnipegger Winnipegger:
The title isn't clickable. This link is.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-selfie-car-theft-damage-1.3256791
PJB PJB:
Just kids being kids right?

I hope you're being facetious. A car is a very expensive piece of equipment. Children learn right from wrong from their parents before starting grade 1. If parents failed to teach them that, then it's the parent's fault. The government passed laws stating adults are responsible for damage caused by minors. Courts have refused to enforce that law. How do we get courts to do so?

Alternatively, in the 1800s you were treated as an adult by the time you're this age. Stealing a car is a very serious adult crime. Treat them as such. Convict them in adult court, and sentence them to adult penitentiary. One or the other. And criminals need to pay restitution. Car insurance pays for theft, but criminals need to reimburse the insurance company. How do teenagers work off that much money?

Yes I was being facetious. I find it deplorable what these punks did but we all know that the legal system is going to do nothing.