PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Title: The case for legalizing marijuana
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Curtman
Date: 2010-10-07 13:26:16
Canadian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 pm

$1:
It would destroy the economic model used by gangs on both sides of the border to generate huge profits. It would largely put them out of business. The illegal market for pot in California is worth $14-billion a year alone. In B.C., it�s estimated at between $5-billion and $8-billion.

End prohibition. Stop the violence.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Let's go California!

Also, congrats on the pot workers getting unionized!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 pm

pothead" I suck shit!"

pot free dude " We know!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Where do you get the idea that we suck 'shit'?

I consider it healthier then a cheeseburger.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 pm

healthier that a cheese burger....hmmm....you have admireable standards [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

While I don't consider the average cheeseeburger as a healthy food choice, knowingly inhaling any burning substance can't be quite healthy either. 8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Chicogo Blackhawks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Not if you have vaporizer or make brownies ;)

It is a lot healthier then smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol, yet those two are legal.

While I have only smoked maybe 4 times since April due to my summer job and because I need to look for one at the moment. I cannot wait until I can start smoking again. I feel as if I haven't been myself since then.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

While I don't consider the average cheeseeburger as a healthy food choice, knowingly inhaling any burning substance can't be quite healthy either. 8O

Did you know you can get addicted to fast food?

They've proven that.

But they haven't proven a single case of lung cancer caused by marijuana, haven't proven significantly reduced lung capacity, haven't proven a single deadly overdose by marijuana, and haven't proven heavy smokers even in adolescence can't recover or even have too. They also haven't been able to prove any sort of physical addiction.

But fast food?

Don't get me wrong. Breathing combustible plants into your lungs shouldn't be the healthiest decision.

But they are sure having one hell of a hard time proving that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 pm

coaster_dot coaster_dot:
I cannot wait until I can start smoking again. I feel as if I haven't been myself since then.

And that is a bad sign.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:30 pm

coaster_dot coaster_dot:

That's why I said inhaling and not ingesting.

$1:
It is a lot healthier then smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol, yet those two are legal.

I agree.

$1:
While I have only smoked maybe 4 times since April due to my summer job and because I need to look for one at the moment. I cannot wait until I can start smoking again. I feel as if I haven't been myself since then.

You're last 2 sentences sound like an addiction craving. I'm not saying you are addicted but those last sentences would give someone the impression that you might be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:31 pm

coaster_dot coaster_dot:

It's been a few days and I'm in an creative rut!

I miss my music sounding awesome.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Did you know you can get addicted to fast food?

Yes I know that, it's just one of many reasons why I don't eat fast food.

$1:
But they haven't proven a single case of lung cancer caused by marijuana, haven't proven significantly reduced lung capacity, haven't proven a single deadly overdose by marijuana, and haven't proven heavy smokers even in adolescence can't recover or even have too. They also haven't been able to prove any sort of physical addiction.

Read the last sentences in coasters post. They point to a "possible" addiction problem.

$1:
Don't get me wrong. Breathing combustible plants into your lungs shouldn't be the healthiest decision.

Exactly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:35 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
You're last 2 sentences sound like an addiction craving. I'm not saying you are addicted but those last sentences would give someone the impression that you might be.

Psychological addictions exist.

But you can be psychologically addicted to almost anything.

And it is not hard to push through the depression that returns after a few days if your chronic.

You're 'psychologically addicted' because you enjoy being high and the enjoyment doesn't really stop. So of course a stoner will [/i]want[/i] to be high. It's enjoyable. Some, like me, get a lot of shit done.

If a stoner has a decision to make, food or weed, food is the clear choice. Marijuana can wait, it won't beat the fuck out of you if you suddenly stop smoking it.

For a crackhead? Not so much. That's physical addiction.

The two are very different, one is normal, the other is a significant problem.

Last edited by Public_Domain on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
coaster_dot coaster_dot:

It's been a few days and I'm in an creative rut!

I miss my music sounding awesome.

If you NEED to use to be creative, that might be an issue. And the music I listen to sounds great no matter what state of consciouness I'm in! [B-o]