Date: 2016-05-10 08:06:44

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... y-by-city/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:56 am

An alleged rape sparked tensions between Russia and Germany. Now police say it was fabricated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ?tid=a_inl

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:18 am

For those who didn't keep clicking until they hit a live link it's just a story about one of those fake rape claim things.

Kind of disappointing. The title here makes it sound like they were describing a scourge of fake claims "city by city."

I thought they were going to show us something like how all the incidents shown on this interactive map of migrant assault incidents in Germany didn't happen.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... SFMIBQKXCs

That's not it though. It was just a single case of a 13 year old hiding out at a 19 year old guy's house because she was having problems in school, then she came out with the immigrants attacked me story.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue May 10, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:20 am

Comments were good. Even some of the WaPo readers are seeing through the illusion now. 241 alleged hoaxes versus 1000 confirmed sexual molestations by Muslim males alone on NYE in Cologne. Wonder how long it will take before the manipulators of the ongoing narrative have Charlie Hebdo, the Bataclan, and Brussels all pinned on some disaffected alt-right white guys.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:28 am

Really 241 alleged hoaxes? That's actually a lot. I wonder where they got that stat.

WaPo was only able to find one.

Maybe the commenter computed in stats from American universities. You know...Mattress Girl, and all that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:33 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Really 241 alleged hoaxes? That's actually a lot. I wonder where they got that stat.

WaPo was only able to find one.

Maybe they computed in stats from American universities. You know...Mattress Girl, and all that.

I suspect that several instances of the alleged hoaxes are actually instances of the same hoax being reported in various local media with each instance of said reporting being counted as a separate incident. Not an uncommon tactic in the media to stack their stats this way to make something appear to be more widespread than it actually is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:35 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I suspect that several instances of the alleged hoaxes are actually instances of the same hoax being reported in various local media with each instance of said reporting being counted as a separate incident. Not an uncommon tactic in the media to stack their stats this way to make something appear to be more widespread than it actually is.

Would that be true, also, of alleged attacks or just the hoaxes?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:38 am

Then there's cases like all those groping attacks in Cologne on New Year's Eve. They weren't able to make the charges stick on those ones due to lack of evidence - they say. So I guess they could call those "alleged."

However...

'You mustn't touch me, you mustn't touch me': New footage of Cologne New Year sex attacks shows screaming woman as overwhelmed police struggle to control crowds of migrant men

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:42 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Would that be true, also, of alleged attacks or just the hoaxes?

The thing here is that the reported attacks can be individually substantiated while this reported spate of hoaxes cannot. They can't even identify who reported the hoaxes.

I won't call it out as an outright lie but I have seen the tactic of counting each separate report of the same incident as a separate incident and this might be one of those cases.

Sometime back a California law enforcement agency got caught fudging their stats by claiming they'd closed a remarkable number of criminal investigations. The fact was that when they closed a criminal case on (say) a shooting they also closed each individual report of the same shooting and then they claimed those closures as separate issues.

It only came up when a disparity was noted between the city's claim and their actual FBI statistics which showed a drastically lower closure rate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:48 am

I suspect this one is more just a case of an imagined stat.

Kind of like that 1 in 5 female university students being raped stat, third wave feminist Triggly Puffs were pulling out their horrendous butts for awhile there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:54 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I suspect this one is more just a case of an imagined stat.

Kind of like that 1 in 5 female university students being raped stat, third wave feminists were pulling out their horrendous, bulbous butts for awhile there.

It was amazing that Milo and Crowder didn't start laughing themselves to death. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 am

Thanos Thanos:
It was amazing that Milo and Crowder didn't start laughing themselves to death. :lol:

For those who don't know who Triggly Puff is, that's her above and she's hollering "Keep your raping off our campus." 8O

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue May 10, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:06 am

andyt andyt:
Hi I'm a necro whore !

Desperation much, necroboi ?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:08 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
For those who don't know who Triggly Puff is, that's her above and she's hollering "Keep your raping off our campus." 8O

I wonder what that thing thinks of her behavior now that she's a cartoon caricature?