CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27772
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:11 am
 


Title: The UN says the Earth�s ozone layer is healing, and should be completely repaired by the 2030s
Category: Environmental
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-11-06 09:20:00
Canadian


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28570
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:11 am
 


*cough*carbontax*cough*


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60581
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:24 am
 


Yet CFC's are still used in China, Russia, Brazil, India, Mexico, and etc. and for some odd reason the CFC's from those countries don't have any effect on the ozone layer.

:|

FYI: I buy Freon from Mexico for my R-22 home air conditioner.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22204
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Yet CFC's are still used in China, Russia, Brazil, India, Mexico, and etc. and for some odd reason the CFC's from those countries don't have any effect on the ozone layer.

:|

FYI: I buy Freon from Mexico for my R-22 home air conditioner.

.... How often are you having to buy it?


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60581
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Yet CFC's are still used in China, Russia, Brazil, India, Mexico, and etc. and for some odd reason the CFC's from those countries don't have any effect on the ozone layer.

:|

FYI: I buy Freon from Mexico for my R-22 home air conditioner.

.... How often are you having to buy it?


Once every two years. The last time cost me $200 to refresh the system.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28570
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:26 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Yet CFC's are still used in China, Russia, Brazil, India, Mexico, and etc. and for some odd reason the CFC's from those countries don't have any effect on the ozone layer.

:|

FYI: I buy Freon from Mexico for my R-22 home air conditioner.


https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... nned-cfcs/

Yes, they most certainly do.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22204
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:28 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Tricks wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Yet CFC's are still used in China, Russia, Brazil, India, Mexico, and etc. and for some odd reason the CFC's from those countries don't have any effect on the ozone layer.

:|

FYI: I buy Freon from Mexico for my R-22 home air conditioner.

.... How often are you having to buy it?


Once every two years. The last time cost me $200 to refresh the system.

Sounds like you've got a leak. Might want to get the lines checked.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60581
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
Sounds like you've got a leak. Might want to get the lines checked.


No, it's fine. I just live in a place that normally gets hotter than fuck every year...fortunately not this year so maybe I can go an extra year without a service call.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22204
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:11 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Sounds like you've got a leak. Might want to get the lines checked.


No, it's fine. I just live in a place that normally gets hotter than fuck every year...fortunately not this year so maybe I can go an extra year without a service call.

Doesn't matter how hot it gets. A/C systems are supposed to be sealed, you should never need a re-charge unless there is a leak. In Canada it's actually illegal to drop more refrigerant in without identifying the leak because of this. Refrigerant isn't like a gas that just gets used up, it just transfers heat from inside to outside.

And before you go a year without a service call, if your system is still under warranty, have a look at it. Most companies stipulate if you haven't serviced your system on a yearly basis, your warranty is void.

My family has been in the HVAC business since before I was born. And I worked for it for a time as well. I'd heavily recommend having someone have a look.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60581
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:12 pm
 


Will do. Thank you for the admonition. [B-o]


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.