canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:45 am

I'm not a scientist. I just like starting shit and challenging preconceptions.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:54 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:
yeah I do, i AM a scientist.

Oh! Really?!

uwish uwish:
CO2 as a driver of 'climate' is complete BS

So you believe the work of John Tyndall, the Rüchardt experiment, NASA, The Royal Society, Columbia University, Berkeley Earth Project - and countless others that have peer reviewed conclusive proof that Carbon Dioxide is warming the Earth and that it's our fault?

Or do you not believe in Science?

It's one, or the other.

scientist disagree all the time, sort of what makes for a good discussion...it isn't about consensus, just because you can find a scientist who is a climate alarmist doesn't prove anything. There are significantly more whom are not. There are many more peer reviewed articles claiming something completely different..

https://notrickszone.com/2019/01/03/con ... ate-alarm/

here list only 500 of them..

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:03 pm

uwish uwish:
scientist disagree all the time, sort of what makes for a good discussion...it isn't about consensus, just because you can find a scientist who is a climate alarmist doesn't prove anything. There are significantly more whom are not.

Science isn't about opinion or consensus. It's about data. Believing the conclusions of studies and models means you believe in the process that created them, and that is called 'Science'.

Data was the thing your video skipped over. I've read plenty on the Carbon Cycle. But what your video failed to mention was we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere faster than the Carbon Cycle can accept it.

$1:
All of this extra carbon needs to go somewhere. So far, land plants and the ocean have taken up about 55 percent of the extra carbon people have put into the atmosphere while about 45 percent has stayed in the atmosphere. Eventually, the land and oceans will take up most of the extra carbon dioxide, but as much as 20 percent may remain in the atmosphere for many thousands of years.

The changes in the carbon cycle impact each reservoir. Excess carbon in the atmosphere warms the planet and helps plants on land grow more. Excess carbon in the ocean makes the water more acidic, putting marine life in danger.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/featu ... /page5.php

That's why we see the warming we do. And what the models tell us isn't pleasant. Calling such people 'alarmists' shows that you don't actually believe in the process called 'Science' because you cannot dispassionately weigh the evidence we have through unbiased measurement.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:47 pm

except..dum dum dummmmm we aren't warming! why do you think they changed the narrative from global warming to climate change..

unbiased? hahaha well if 2 of 3 data sets says flat or cooling you can keep your warming from the one that uses 'data homogenization' to get their results.

http://www.petitionproject.org/review_article.php

get through some of this data then come back and talk, otherwise keep your alarmist BS to yourself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:02 pm

uwish uwish:
except..dum dum dummmmm we aren't warming!

Kind of depends on the dates you use. We aren't warming if you're talking the geologic past. We've been a lot warmer. There was about a 20 year, recent pause in warming, then they rewrote the land surface data to make that go away. Then shortly after that there was another little year long burst of warm and even the satellite data showed a slight increase.

But let's say we ignore all that. We can go back to 1979, following the global cooling, media scare when global temperatures started rising again and nobody, not even the satellite scientists were denying it.

That's the little burst that the Alarmist clown patrol wants to pull their hair out about and insist never in the history of Earth has it ever risen that fast - like they would have data for it if that was true. They don't. They have the odd convenient proxy guestimates of convenient passages of time and locations.

But anyway from 1979 here's what the scientist who monitors the satellite temps tells us the warming trend today is after October's results are in.

$1:
The linear warming trend since January, 1979 remains at +0.13 C/decade (+0.11 C/decade over the global-averaged oceans, and +0.18 C/decade over global-averaged land).

https://www.drroyspencer.com/

If things continue at that rate - the rate that has caused the hysteria from wunderkinds like Bill Nye - we're talking 1.3 degrees warmer in a hundred years. To which I say, 'so what?' We can handle that. Contrary to what Doc will imply and call science that won't melt Greenland even if it happens. Calling this BS catastrophe they're imagining science or data might scare a 16 year old with Aspergers, OCD, crazy parents, a "Progressive" handler and selective mutism but anybody with a mind open to scientific skepticism not so much.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:37 pm

llama66 llama66:
I'm not a scientist. I just like starting shit and challenging preconceptions.

That makes you a GOOD scientist! R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:38 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
But what your video failed to mention was we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere faster than the Carbon Cycle can accept it.

You sure you watched it? That's not what I got from it. The way I understood what he was saying was we didn't really know which was a dominant forcing or even if there was one but there was so much more to worry about than CO2 that it being the dominant forcing of warming was unlikely.

And no, you don't have data contradicting that. Stop lying. You have an argument, that's all.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Speaking of climate nonsense here's a wonderful mockery of that mental case from Sweden...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:52 pm

Oh look kids ! Greta Whoreberg is now hanging out with famed Globull Warming (TM)
Scientist and no carbon Chinnook soy boi ..... Leo !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... et-LA.html

Climate crusaders Leo and Greta Thunberg hit it off in California as actor says they've 'made a commitment to support one another' - but Swedish teen admits she still doesn't know how she'll get emission-free across the Atlantic

Leonardo DiCaprio posted a message of support for Greta Thunberg online
The actor praised the 16-year-old, calling her a 'leader of our time', on Friday
They met on Greta's tour of North America, and agreed 'to support one another'
Leo used his acceptance speech at the 2016 Oscars to speak on climate change
But the environmentalist has been criticized for using private jets in the past
Greta said she needs help in getting to the UN's COP25 climate change summit
After a location change she has 'traveled half around the world, the wrong way'

The hypocrisy is so thick you could use a shovel. :lol: :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:01 am

uwish uwish:
except..dum dum dummmmm we aren't warming! why do you think they changed the narrative from global warming to climate change..

We aren't? Then someone should tell the data that. And I think it was the deniers that decided global warming and climate change were the same thing. It's them that keeps mixing them up.

Here's the same data I've posted many times before. Show us where the annual temperature has not risen over the last 1000 years. Since I can't attach the image, you'll just have to go to the source to debate with it.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=g ... te+studies

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:08 am

Watching those Californian megafires, I’m glad I live somewhere that’s cold and damp.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
We aren't? Then someone should tell the data that.

As mentioned earlier it depends on the dates and data set you're using. There is an opinion that Land surface temperature data sets have lost all credibility after the last rewrite. The temps have definitely changed, so you could be asked are you talking pre-rewrite of the data or post-rewrite.

I don't think U wish is talking about the 1.5 degree warming all data sets agree on over the last 150 years though. You should ask before assuming.

There was about a 20 year pause in warming. It may be gone now even by satellite temps. Not by much though. It could be back with one cold year.

$1:
And I think it was the deniers that decided global warming and climate change were the same thing. It's them that keeps mixing them up.

I won't call you a liar because it's entirely possible you don't know any better. You are wrong though. I have seen somebody from your side attempt a history rewrite. He was a liar. As I recall you can find deviously selected quotes but it's not an argument that's difficult to slap down when you see it. Go ahead, produce it. Let's see who's right.

And again the Earth has been much warmer than it is today. Life thrived.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:49 pm

there is not point, Caleb has a new religion, you might as well tell him Jesus didn't exist and Christianity is a joke...you will get the same old tired response. Just don't tell the alter boys...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:10 pm

Here's an example of what I mean though by it depends on the dates and the data you're using:

The Holocene epoch is what we're in and it's been warmer. So if that's what you were talking about when you said we weren't warming I'd say you had an argument.

The recent 20 year warming hiatus is just a niggle away from being a winning argument too.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:31 am

Scale and accommodation space something the climate catastrophe types always fail at..