Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:45 pm

There were actually small particles of ash falling in parts of the city. There was a small fire on Burnaby mountain - must me some numbnuts with a cigarette. But apparently we're also getting smoking blowing in from the Sechelt and Pemberton fires. Pretty spooky. Supposedly air quality is OK.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Hyack Hyack:
Yeah, I woke up this morning to a heavy "overcast", my first thought was....RAIN??!! I couldn't smell any smoke and there was a nice breeze blowing but alas, it was only the haze..... :cry: :cry:

The haze has now dropped severely, visibility is dropping and I can now smell the smoke and the eyes are starting to burn......probably thanks to the Burnaby mountain fire.....about 5 miles to the NNW or Pemberton wafting down the Pitt river.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:26 pm

The air has been pretty nasty, I can feel it in my nose.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:15 pm

I can smell it here in the Fraser Valley tonight and the air isn't just thick with smog either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:10 am

It's 0300 and I just let the dogs out. You can see ash falling freely in the backdoor light and it smells like the inside of a 100 year old fireplace yet, Environment Canada isn't bothering to put any alerts out and says the air quality risk is "moderate".

Utter bullshit but on the plus side I do know now why I quit smoking. ROTFL

Hopefully we get some wind off the ogie soon to push this crap back into the interior because living with all your windows closed in 30 degree weather sucks. :P