DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^ He gets it! [B-o]

[B-o] :D :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:49 am

Okay for the LAST time please read the article. She is NOT the new James Bond. Not sure what her character name will be but it is not BOND. She is just taking the 007 number for license to kill AFTER Bond retires. Stop crying about OMG she's a black Bond. Stop saying it's great that we will now have a Female Bond and that she is black. Both sides are incorrect.

Someone mentioned something about her libido …. got me thinking. What if she uses her seductive powers to worm her way into an Evil organization. Like Bond did with women but she does with men. Henchmen or the number 2 guy in the organization. If done right (written well) that would be a new and good twist on that ploy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:52 am

stratos stratos:
Okay for the LAST time please read the article. She is NOT the new James Bond.

Not sure what you are trying to say. [huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:52 am

raydan raydan:
Bunch of old fuddle duddles who can't stand change... she's black, she's a woman, she's not pretty, she's gay (or not gay), don't touch my stuff, get off my grass! :evil:

No it's not that. It's that James Bond is none of those things and they appear to want to flip her on top of the Bond character - metaphorically.

They appear to want the real OO7/Bond character to disappear into the ether and be reimagined as a woman with the license to kill.

In fact if they go there I don't even think that will work. I think there's a limit to the hard-assed male justice you can shoehorn a female character into and be accepted. In the long run I doubt people will accept a female assassin as hero. There's dirty work a guy can do that doesn't look good on a girl. That's just the way it still is.

Come to think of it...I hope they don't push my girl, Black Widow into that trap.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

The Character she will play in the movie is not going to be named James Bond. She is the new 007 but will not be going by the name of James Bond.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 am

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
stratos stratos:

The Character she will play in the movie is not going to be named James Bond. She is the new 007 but will not be going by the name of James Bond.

I read the article. I'm just screwing with you. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels,
A remake of a remake. Of course it's terrible.

$1:
Dr. Who,
Not a remake, it's a new doctor. Literally no different than if they had a new doctor be male.

$1:
High Fidelity,
It's not even out.

$1:
Splash.

That's going the other way. Also not out.

$1:
If Hollywood can't be bothered to take the time and effort to create NEW movies or franchises as vehicles for women they have absolutely zero right to claim the equality high ground and try and act a moral compass for the rest of society.
I don't disagree with this. I take issue with the assumption that a movie will be bad specifically because they're putting a female lead in. That's nonsense.

$1:
But now a question for you. If it was okay for the free world to criticize George Lazenby and Daniel Craig as James Bond why isn't it okay to do the same to this woman or, do we have to meekly accept it because she ticks all the PC boxes?

Where did I say it was okay? Criticizing Craig because he's blonde is fucking stupid. So is this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:57 am

BRAH BRAH:
So in all of Merry Old England there wasn't a more attractive, talented black actress to take on the role of 007? :lol:

...and we're stuck with you.

So what's your point? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:58 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
raydan raydan:
Bunch of old fuddle duddles who can't stand change... she's black, she's a woman, she's not pretty, she's gay (or not gay), don't touch my stuff, get off my grass! :evil:

No it's not that. It's that James Bond is none of those things and they appear to want to flip her on top of the Bond character - metaphorically.

They appear to want the real OO7/Bond character to disappear into the ether and be reimagined as a woman with the license to kill.

In fact if they go there I don't even think that will work. I think there's a limit to the hard-assed male justice you can shoehorn a female character into and be accepted. In the long run I doubt people will accept a female assassin as hero. There's dirty work a guy can do that doesn't look good on a girl. That's just the way it still is.

Come to think of it...I hope they don't push my girl, Black Widow into that trap.

I disagree and for the life of me the name of the movie I'm thinking of wont come to mind. She's some street punk who kills someone, gets sentenced to death. Fake execution and she is recruited and trained to be an assign. At the end rebels and refuses to kill someone. Now that was a great movie, female lead that learned to kick ass then did. But I can think of the name of the movie. Also I think there has been at least one remake.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:59 am

I'm sure all movie makers will consult you guys before they make another movie. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:01 pm

raydan raydan:
BRAH BRAH:
So in all of Merry Old England there wasn't a more attractive, talented black actress to take on the role of 007? :lol:

No idea how talented or not talented she is. Let's wait and find out. I recall people saying Craig wasn't talented enough. Dang thing is I liked him as bond. Like the gritty aspect of his portrayal of Bond. Like Dr said the even him get hurt enough to be put in a hospital for more than just a day. Not just her acting but the script will determine how well this goes over.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:01 pm

raydan raydan:
BRAH BRAH:

007! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:02 pm

stratos stratos:

And the real James Bond is even in this one but what if he dies in this one and the next one opens with the traditional credit sequence of black, dyke, woman 007 shooting into the bleeding eye graphic with the Bond music thumping in the background? Still going to go see it?

Because the alternatives are killing of this new girl with the license to kill or turning the Bond franchise into Buddy films.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Strong and confident women scare you guys, don't they? :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:04 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Tricks Tricks:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Who is Lashana Lynch?

If you want to change things up for 007, at least use an A-lister, not some virtual unknown.

You mean like Connery? Who was virtually unknown before Bond?

Also, even Daniel Craig was protested when he was selected, because he had blonde hair.

Get over it people.

Connery may have been a virtual unknown, but then again, so was James Bond. He starred in the first movie, not landing a major role in a series with a four decade long history.

Frankly, I don't give a shit that they picked a female POC, my comment was based on the fact that Lynch's film history is next to nothing. She's been in a handful of movies and TV shows, and I don't think any were as the protagonist (just supporting characters).

Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, and Pierce Brosnan all had fairly extensive careers before they landed roles in the Bond franchise. Even Daniel Craig had been acting for over a decade and been big roles in a few blockbusters (Tomb Raider, Road to Perdition, Muich, etc.)

Honestly, if they wanted to go this way, get Thandie Newton.

She's a beautiful woman and a POC with a much bigger list of blockbuster films (Crash, MI 2, 2012, Chronicles of Riddick, Solo, etc.) in her past.

That's an entirely valid criticism. I think someone like Emily Blunt would have done a great job. The other two I can think of may be too old physically to pull it off in Kate Beckinsale and Rhona Mitra. Thandie Newton might also be to old. Though really if they had stunt doubles they'd all be good too.

However, unknown also doesn't mean bad. Lets wait and see if it's bad.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 10  Next