canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 am

Title: Thousands join anti-Trump protests around U.S.
Category: Political
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2016-11-09 19:36:11

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 am

Why is it that Democrats/Liberals/Snowflakes don't understand the basic concept of democracy?

When a majority of people make a choice, just because it isn't the one you want doesn't mean you keep getting fucking do overs till you finally get your way. This isn't grade school and Democracy, like it or not isn't supposed to cater to the people who whine the loudest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:09 am

No worries, active efforts are underway across America to make sure these liberals and Democrats see the error of their ways... And with any luck, they won't be "Democrats" anymore.

Also as for your party-based slight, Americans like Bart talked constantly about shooting Obama, impeaching him, disqualifying him, etc. when they didn't get their "special snowflake" way. Y'all all liberals to me, fighting over which rich people represent you. Trust me, vast amounts of liberals are patting their backs over how virtuous and upstanding they are for "respecting the results". Super useful as always, wherever a crisis occurs you can trust liberals to sit on their hands and legitimize the corruption they pretend to oppose. Gosh this sucks, guess I'll just do nothing for the next four years as all tragedies of the new administration can be waved away as the will of the vote. Is it just me, or is a pre-selected name on a piece of paper every four years an odd way to have your voice heard for how you want your society run? Democracy has had its name utterly slandered with how Western societies do business.

For what it's worth? Illigitimate democracies are not democracies worth defending. If I want to get into the business of making sure to defend any system that calls itself democratic, I'll start with North Korea or Cuba. At least they aren't waging constant wars, exhausting the world's resources, subjegating entire nations to extreme poverty for trade advantages, and getting rich off mass tragedies.

They should have been rioting months, years, decades ago. But now is okay too. I hope the riots just won't stop.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:03 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Why is it that Democrats/Liberals/Snowflakes don't understand the basic concept of democracy?

When a majority of people make a choice, just because it isn't the one you want doesn't mean you keep getting fucking do overs till you finally get your way. This isn't grade school and Democracy, like it or not isn't supposed to cater to the people who whine the loudest.

Fact is, Trump didn't get a majority - he actually got fewer votes than Clinton did (each got about 26% of the vote). And neither of them can claim the 45% of Americans who didn't vote at all.

My question for these protesters would be, "Did you vote?"

If the answer is no, then they are to blame, not Trump.

If the answer is yes, then they did their part.

Clinton (and the Democrats) shares part of the blame, because if they could have energized even a small portion of the 45% of non-voters, she would have won.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:09 am

Imagine if Trump energized them, though?

And Trump did get less of the vote. However, in America, rural votes count for more. It was designed that way intentionall so that you didn't have sparsely populated states getting bullied around by the densely populated states. Fact is, Trump appealed to those small states, and just enough of the big states, that he got enough electoral college votes.

It sucks. But it would be the same situation if Hilary won, just different protesters in (possibly) different cities.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:14 am

I said the same thing on someone's Facebook.
The replies I got were from "you're a racist" to "because it is their right to protest"

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:23 am

Brenda Brenda:

I said the same thing on someone's Facebook.
The replies I got were from "you're a racist" to "because it is their right to protest"

Just wait until the protests become full blown riots?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:31 am

There's people in the World who will never have the freedoms Americans take for granted and one of them is to vote. These protesters take those freedoms for granted and when they don't like the results they bitch and whine, F*** them! As for celebrities taking part in these protests a huge F**** THEM!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:31 am

Their feeling are hurt, that counts much more than any stupid idea like 'democracy'

Democracy lets all those stupid people in the countryside vote.

Fact is, you go through that crowd of protesters, I'll bet less than 1/3 actually voted.

You'll hear every excuse possible, but all they do is sit and whine.

No matter, they protested after Brexit as well, didn't change anything. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:13 am

Let them protest, bitch, whine, cry, and riot.

They're helping to elect a Republican super-majority to Congress in 2020 and they're doing their part to help Republicans gain political control of more Democrat states like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Missouri.

They're also getting a head start on re-electing President Trump in 2020. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:06 am

It's a shame that the right to write a name on a piece of paper once every four years means you have no right to protest outside of that single day. Once every 1,457 days, thats it! Any other day, sit down and shut the fuck up!

Gotta exercise that right while they still have it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:19 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

They're helping to elect a Republican super-majority to Congress in 2020 and they're doing their part to help Republicans gain political control of more Democrat states like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Missouri.

They're also getting a head start on re-electing President Trump in 2020. [B-o]

Won't that depend more on Trump actually doing a good job?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:24 am

^Ahahahahahaha they don't care. He can lie and break all his promises. Its the idea of Trump that tides them over.

It's not the man, it's the ideology.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:53 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
It's a shame that the right to write a name on a piece of paper once every four years means you have no right to protest outside of that single day. Once every 1,457 days, thats it! Any other day, sit down and shut the fuck up!

Gotta exercise that right while they still have it.

I said:

$1:
Let them protest, bitch, whine, cry, and riot.

Where in that comment of mine do you get sit down and shut the fuck up???

[huh]

I have ALWAYS defended freedom of speech...especially when someone is making a fool of themselves. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:53 am

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
^Ahahahahahaha they don't care. He can lie and break all his promises. Its the idea of Trump that tides them over.

It's not the man, it's the ideology.

What's funnier is you change the word 'Trump' with 'Obama' in this thread, and suddenly it's 2008 again.