canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:58 am

Title: Tim Hortons proposes settlement in class-action suits over data-tracking app
Category: Business
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2022-07-30 08:53:34
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:58 am

I can't even remember the last time I went to Hortons but even if I was a regular customer I would find this insulting.

I also would not be shocked if other places that use this type of app are doing the same damn thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:27 am

So, the ongoing invasion of my privacy - if I installed apps - would be worth a cup of coffee and mediocre doughnut?

I do find that insulting. That the Privacy commissioner thinks this is acceptable punishment makes it doubly insulting. Tims is just trying to get away with whatever they can.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:29 am

Strutz Strutz:
I also would not be shocked if other places that use this type of app are doing the same damn thing.

You can pretty much guarantee it. They just haven't been caught yet. They just do it more stealthy, like put bluetooth beacons in stores, and see when you come near them. It circumvents the GPS 'off' setting, because they already know where it is.