bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am

Tricks Tricks:
Fighter Fighter:
No...It's not stone age. You should not judge someone else with your defined morals and values. Asians are different from westerners, here your actions and words carry a big deal and can lead up to physical fight/consequences.
Sorry, Medieval age, you're right. Because in civilized countries people haven't been murdered for speaking negatives against the prevailing religion for a long time. You don't have freedom of speech if I'm unable to say negative things about the dominant religion. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
$1:
You expect burning a Holy Quran or other doing other nasty things about Islam in a Muslim majority country and then thinking you won't be in trouble by law or people...You serious?
Not at all, I entirely expect to be in trouble. That's why I don't, nor ever will, go to those countries. I don't wish to visit countries that have draconian disgusting evil laws. To be thrown in jail for burning a book is nonsense, and wrong.

Lets agree to disagree :)

martin14 martin14:
Fighter Fighter:
You expect burning a Holy Quran or other doing other nasty things about Islam in a Muslim majority country and then thinking you won't be in trouble by law or people...You serious?

Why not ?
You can burn a bible in a Western country, no problem.
You can also say what you like about anything related to Christianity.

Maybe you all should stop being a bunch of emotionally butthurt children.

It depends on how well you love and keep it dear to you, only then you will react to. People mock and insult Islam openly because they want to provoke Muslims and to get international/media attention.

You guys already make fun of Muslim concepts like 72 virgins or jihad concept...Muslims stay quiet and don't react until certain line gets crossed. Muslims are emotional and at the same times got amazing self control. We are diverse group of people.

llama66 llama66:
God doesn't exist. Christ is fictional. Religion controls the impressionable.

Technically blasphemy. Do I deserve to be jailed? No I do not.its my opinion.

But if I said "kill the Christian" or something to that effect (which the mob of dorkuses did) that's hate speech and potentially blasphemy. It's funny how ironic the people are.

You don't deserved to be jail for saying that...Even a most conservative Muslim won't get hostile or physical to that but will respectfully argue against.

I read one comment on YouTube which still manage to keep its presence in my mind. That comment was may be by a Muslim

he said

"It is better to believe in God and then after dying finding he doesn't exist rather than believing he does not exist then after dying finding out he actually is"

I respect you for your point of view. Islam encourages debate and will never shy away from it.

Anyway, we all are mature and know what's good for us. We all will gonna own what we do and believe :)

Tricks Tricks:
Fighter Fighter:
How many people who got accused of Blasphemy got killed by mob in Pakistan? Even in this case, Asia was presented in court and now freed by court.

https://www.dawn.com/news/750512/timeli ... sphemy-law

51 people.

hmm....That's very sad but don't you think this should be verified by other sources as well? Pakistan needs to work on illiteracy, I must say.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 am

Fighter Fighter:
Tricks Tricks:
Fighter Fighter:
No...It's not stone age. You should not judge someone else with your defined morals and values. Asians are different from westerners, here your actions and words carry a big deal and can lead up to physical fight/consequences.
Sorry, Medieval age, you're right. Because in civilized countries people haven't been murdered for speaking negatives against the prevailing religion for a long time. You don't have freedom of speech if I'm unable to say negative things about the dominant religion. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.
$1:
Not at all, I entirely expect to be in trouble. That's why I don't, nor ever will, go to those countries. I don't wish to visit countries that have draconian disgusting evil laws. To be thrown in jail for burning a book is nonsense, and wrong.

martin14 martin14:
Fighter Fighter:

Why not ?
You can burn a bible in a Western country, no problem.
You can also say what you like about anything related to Christianity.

Maybe you all should stop being a bunch of emotionally butthurt children.

It depends on how well you love and keep it dear to you, only then you will react to. People mock and insult Islam openly because they want to provoke Muslims and to get international/media attention.

You guys already make fun of Muslim concepts like 72 virgins or jihad concept...Muslims stay quiet and don't react until certain line gets crossed. Muslims are emotional and at the same times got amazing self control. We are diverse group of people.

llama66 llama66:
God doesn't exist. Christ is fictional. Religion controls the impressionable.

Technically blasphemy. Do I deserve to be jailed? No I do not.its my opinion.

But if I said "kill the Christian" or something to that effect (which the mob of dorkuses did) that's hate speech and potentially blasphemy. It's funny how ironic the people are.

You don't deserved to be jail for saying that...Even a most conservative Muslim won't get hostile or physical to that but will respectfully argue against.

I read one comment on YouTube which still manage to keep its presence in my mind. That comment was may be by a Muslim

he said

"It is better to believe in God and then after dying finding he doesn't exist rather than believing he does not exist then after dying finding out he actually is"

I respect you for your point of view. Islam encourages debate and will never shy away from it.

Anyway, we all are mature and know what's good for us. We all will gonna own what we do and believe :)

Tricks Tricks:
Fighter Fighter:
How many people who got accused of Blasphemy got killed by mob in Pakistan? Even in this case, Asia was presented in court and now freed by court.

https://www.dawn.com/news/750512/timeli ... sphemy-law

51 people.

hmm....That's very sad but don't you think this should be verified by other sources as well? Pakistan needs to work on illiteracy, I must say.

Unless someone disparages the prophet. If I even tried draw the prophet in Pakistan (or any other Muslim majority nation) I could be jailed--or worse. People have died trying to do just that...

Last edited by llama66 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 am

Fighter Fighter:
Sounds good. [B-o]
$1:

There are other sources.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/featu ... 44891.html

Opponents of the laws have also been killed.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-12621225

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 am

Tricks Tricks:
Fighter Fighter:
Sounds good. [B-o]
$1:

There are other sources.

I feel for victims...Most educated Pakistanis will feel but you know we have our share of morons and we are disgusted by that

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 am

Fighter Fighter:
Tricks Tricks:
Fighter Fighter:
Sounds good. [B-o]
$1:

There are other sources.

I feel for victims...Most educated Pakistanis will feel but you know we have our share of morons and we are disgusted by that

No doubt, we have them too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Upholding the Jihadist’s Veto

$1:
In his provocative essay The Age of Reason, Thomas Paine didn’t mince words on Christianity. ”What is it the Bible teaches us?” he asked, and answered: ”repine, cruelty and murder. What is it the New Testament teaches us?—to believe that the Almighty committed debauchery with a woman engaged to be married; and the belief of this debauchery is called faith.”

In 1819, the English deist Richard Carlile was convicted of blasphemy and sentenced to two years in prison for selling the Age of Reason.

Today Tom Paine is celebrated as one of the Enlightenment’s foremost champions of human rights. But even 200 years after his conviction Carlile might not have been vindicated had he been able to take his case to the European Court of Human Rights. In a recent ruling, the Court upheld the conviction of an Austrian citizen for an ”abusive attack on the Prophet of Islam which could stir up prejudice and threaten religious peace” for denouncing the Prophet Muhammad as a “pedophile.” The Court insisted that the comments could arouse “justified indignation” in religious believers who have a right to have their religious feelings protected. Moreover, states have wide discretion to prevent such “improper attacks on religious groups” in order to ensure social and religious peace. Paine would have been shocked and horrified by such logic. And it is deeply regrettable that the Court declined to revisit its long-held doctrine that the freedoms of religion and speech are conflicting rather than complementary rights.

Paine’s scathing attack on holy scripture was clearly offensive to many Christians—US President Theodore Roosevelt later called Paine “a filthy little Atheist.” But the harsh attacks on the authority of religion by Paine and other Enlightenment figures contributed to a broadening concept of tolerance encompassing both the right to express, critique and reject religious doctrines. So the Court’s insistence that the freedoms of religion and speech are in conflict when the latter is used to attack the former is regressive, however noble the purposes of securing “social peace” and “tolerance.” The Court’s reasoning is ultimately based on protecting the secular aim of peaceful co-existence rather than religious doctrine. But the underlying idea that expressions offensive to religious dogma constitute a threat to the social and religious peace of society has deep roots stretching back centuries...

More at Link

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Five Afghan asylum seekers are arrested for allegedly raping a girl, 15, in Germany - as country is rocked by sex attack on student, 18, 'by Syrian migrants'

$1:
Police in Munich have arrested five Afghan asylum seekers after a 15-year-old girl claims she was raped in Munich, days after a similar report in Freiburg.

According to Bild the men aged between 20 and 25 preyed on the 'socially challenged' girl after she was groomed by one of their number.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:49 pm

Add this one to the stats Beave :wink:

$1:
Migrant arrested for sexually assaulting three women and several sheep and goats in Germany

The German police have arrested a 28-year-old man from Eritrea for multiple sexual offences. The man targeted sheep and goats on a farm in Freiburg and sexually assaulted three women, as well.

Forensic investigators noticed that DNA of a sexual assault case from 11 May this year could be linked to several cases of animal sex attacks in spring 2017.

In May a 30-year-old woman was approached and tackled by a man with sexual intent. Fortunately she was saved by a passing cyclist.

On 12 June, another sex attack took place on a 31-year-old woman. Someone raped the woman or tried it, as no further details were given.

The latest sexual assault was on 1 July this year, with a man attacking a 20-year-old in a house entry way on her way home.

The Criminal Investigation Department identified the alleged perpetrator, who is the now arrested 28-year-old.

The collection of a DNA sample from the man showed a match with the sexual assault of 11 May and the attacks on animals in spring of 2017.

The then unknown culprit was charged with sexually assaulting sheep and goats on a farm in Freiburg.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/10/migra ... n-germany/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:49 pm

For those who still don't understand how the demographic replacement in Europe is working:

And does it look like there's a "plan?" Some of us accept the possibility probability.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Upholding the Jihadist’s Veto

$1:
In his provocative essay The Age of Reason, Thomas Paine didn’t mince words on Christianity. ”What is it the Bible teaches us?” he asked, and answered: ”repine, cruelty and murder. What is it the New Testament teaches us?—to believe that the Almighty committed debauchery with a woman engaged to be married; and the belief of this debauchery is called faith.”

In 1819, the English deist Richard Carlile was convicted of blasphemy and sentenced to two years in prison for selling the Age of Reason.

Today Tom Paine is celebrated as one of the Enlightenment’s foremost champions of human rights. But even 200 years after his conviction Carlile might not have been vindicated had he been able to take his case to the European Court of Human Rights. In a recent ruling, the Court upheld the conviction of an Austrian citizen for an ”abusive attack on the Prophet of Islam which could stir up prejudice and threaten religious peace” for denouncing the Prophet Muhammad as a “pedophile.” The Court insisted that the comments could arouse “justified indignation” in religious believers who have a right to have their religious feelings protected. Moreover, states have wide discretion to prevent such “improper attacks on religious groups” in order to ensure social and religious peace. Paine would have been shocked and horrified by such logic. And it is deeply regrettable that the Court declined to revisit its long-held doctrine that the freedoms of religion and speech are conflicting rather than complementary rights.

Paine’s scathing attack on holy scripture was clearly offensive to many Christians—US President Theodore Roosevelt later called Paine “a filthy little Atheist.” But the harsh attacks on the authority of religion by Paine and other Enlightenment figures contributed to a broadening concept of tolerance encompassing both the right to express, critique and reject religious doctrines. So the Court’s insistence that the freedoms of religion and speech are in conflict when the latter is used to attack the former is regressive, however noble the purposes of securing “social peace” and “tolerance.” The Court’s reasoning is ultimately based on protecting the secular aim of peaceful co-existence rather than religious doctrine. But the underlying idea that expressions offensive to religious dogma constitute a threat to the social and religious peace of society has deep roots stretching back centuries...

More at Link

The mistake in the above is that it attempts to draw parallels between Paine’s criticism of a Christian MAJORITY that he himself came from, and that is part his own family background and upbringing, and this anonymous Austrians criticism of the muslim MINORITY which he is trying to claim is an evil outside invader out to kill us all. These two people are not the same in any way.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:30 am

llama66 llama66:
Unless someone disparages the prophet. If I even tried draw the prophet in Pakistan (or any other Muslim majority nation) I could be jailed--or worse. People have died trying to do just that...

Yes...It is extremely way way sensitive matter so much that people in Europe have started to realize it.

European human rights court rules against defaming Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

STRASBOURG:
The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruled against defamation of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and said such activities exceed the permissible limits of freedom of expression, Anadolu Agency reported on Thursday.

Upholding a lower court’s decision, the ECHR said that defaming Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) “goes beyond the permissible limits of an objective debate” and “could stir up prejudice and put at risk religious peace”.

Pakistan protests with Dutch govt over blasphemous caricature contest

The court’s decision comes after an Austrian national named Mrs S. held two seminars in 2009, in which she defamed the Holy Prophet (PBUH).

According to the ECHR, the Vienna Regional Criminal Court (VRCC) found that the statements made in the seminar titled “Basic Information on Islam” were defamatory and in February 2011 convicted Mrs S. for disparaging religious doctrines.

She was also fined €480 (approximately $547) and the costs of the proceedings.

Film on life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to release in Saudi Arabia

“Mrs S appealed but the Vienna Court of Appeal upheld the decision in December 2011, confirming, in essence, the lower court’s findings. A request for the renewal of the proceedings was dismissed by the Supreme Court on 11 December 2013,” the ECHR said in a statement released on Thursday.

“Relying on Article 10 (freedom of expression), Mrs S complained that the domestic courts failed to address the substance of the impugned statements in the light of her right to freedom of expression.”

During the ruling, the ECHR said it “found in particular that the domestic courts comprehensively assessed the wider context of the applicant’s statements and carefully balanced her right to freedom of expression with the right of others to have their religious feelings protected, and served the legitimate aim of preserving religious peace in Austria.”

Saudi bid to protect pre-Islamic sites upends religious dictates

The court held “that by considering the impugned statements as going beyond the permissible limits of an objective debate and classifying them as an abusive attack on the Prophet of Islam [PBUH], which could stir up prejudice and put at risk religious peace, the domestic courts put forward relevant and sufficient reasons.”

The ECHR statement also affirmed that the decision taken by the domestic court did not violate Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, covering freedom of expression.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1834338/3-european-human-rights-court-rules-defaming-prophet-muhammad-pbuh/

I think to provoke Muslims, this all stunts are committed. like what that Dutch parliamentarian tried to do. Muslims are constantly provoked and then we wonder why Muslims are so "aggressive" or "violent" ...

We are not forcing you to believe in greatness of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)...We are just saying that trash talking about him or being disrespectful about him is quite provoking to us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:34 am

Fighter Fighter:
llama66 llama66:

Yes...It is extremely way way sensitive matter so much that people in Europe have started to realize it.

European human rights court rules against defaming Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

STRASBOURG:
The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruled against defamation of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and said such activities exceed the permissible limits of freedom of expression, Anadolu Agency reported on Thursday.

Upholding a lower court’s decision, the ECHR said that defaming Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) “goes beyond the permissible limits of an objective debate” and “could stir up prejudice and put at risk religious peace”.

Pakistan protests with Dutch govt over blasphemous caricature contest

The court’s decision comes after an Austrian national named Mrs S. held two seminars in 2009, in which she defamed the Holy Prophet (PBUH).

According to the ECHR, the Vienna Regional Criminal Court (VRCC) found that the statements made in the seminar titled “Basic Information on Islam” were defamatory and in February 2011 convicted Mrs S. for disparaging religious doctrines.

She was also fined €480 (approximately $547) and the costs of the proceedings.

Film on life of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to release in Saudi Arabia

“Mrs S appealed but the Vienna Court of Appeal upheld the decision in December 2011, confirming, in essence, the lower court’s findings. A request for the renewal of the proceedings was dismissed by the Supreme Court on 11 December 2013,” the ECHR said in a statement released on Thursday.

“Relying on Article 10 (freedom of expression), Mrs S complained that the domestic courts failed to address the substance of the impugned statements in the light of her right to freedom of expression.”

During the ruling, the ECHR said it “found in particular that the domestic courts comprehensively assessed the wider context of the applicant’s statements and carefully balanced her right to freedom of expression with the right of others to have their religious feelings protected, and served the legitimate aim of preserving religious peace in Austria.”

Saudi bid to protect pre-Islamic sites upends religious dictates

The court held “that by considering the impugned statements as going beyond the permissible limits of an objective debate and classifying them as an abusive attack on the Prophet of Islam [PBUH], which could stir up prejudice and put at risk religious peace, the domestic courts put forward relevant and sufficient reasons.”

The ECHR statement also affirmed that the decision taken by the domestic court did not violate Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights, covering freedom of expression.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1834338/3-european-human-rights-court-rules-defaming-prophet-muhammad-pbuh/

I think to provoke Muslims, this all stunts are committed. like what that Dutch parliamentarian tried to do. Muslims are constantly provoked and then we wonder why Muslims are so "aggressive" or "violent" ...

We are not forcing you to believe in greatness of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)...We are just saying that trash talking about him or being disrespectful about him is quite provoking to us.

I'm not seeing what it is that Mrs. S did that caused the offense. Not trying to make another do or say what Mrs. S did but can an explanation of some sort be given? Did she advocate for a Drawing of Mohammad or rendering of him be made. Did she say things that were untrue or overly inflammatory? Just wondering what she did or said that made this go to trial and to be ruled against her.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:17 am

Fighter Fighter:
STRASBOURG:
The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) ruled

There is no question there are plenty of stupid people in Europe.
Everyone notices Jesus or Buddha never got this kind of protection.

One big reason why the Brits are leaving, and similar rulings will
move other countries to leave as well.

$1:

I see, we are not allowed to speak, lest Muslims gt angry and start doing terrorist acts
against innocent people.

Is that the gist of it ?

stratos stratos:
I'm not seeing what it is that Mrs. S did that caused the offense. Not trying to make another do or say what Mrs. S did but can an explanation of some sort be given? Did she advocate for a Drawing of Mohammad or rendering of him be made. Did she say things that were untrue or overly inflammatory? Just wondering what she did or said that made this go to trial and to be ruled against her.

She lives in Europe and dared to speak the truth.
The truth will not protect you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:29 am

Speaking of incredibly stupid people, and an insane PC policy....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... slave.html

The rape of justice: Girl, 15, who was held as a sex slave by an Asian grooming gang and had a son conceived through rape tells how social services took her child - and even gave her attacker a say in the boy's future

Sarah went through the torment not once, but twice sitting six feet away in court
After escaping, she was tracked down by another man who beat and raped her
Social services declared Sarah an unfit mother and took the child away

TL:DR

15 year old girl gets taken as sex slave in the UK
Has child from rape.
Government social services decide to give rapist a say in how the kid is raised.

Gets tracked down by another gang member, gets raped again.
Social services takes 2nd child away within 24 hours,
tries to give it to rapist father. He says no, so the baby goes up for adoption.

This is leftist PC culture gone absolutely insane.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:48 am

Fighter Fighter:
llama66 llama66:

Only its not. Its a drawing. If I'm forced to adhere to parts of your beliefs, then its only fair you observe christian beliefs; Like communion or confession or something.

The world does not end if someone draws the prophet. I mean people have been drawing Jesus (the alleged son of god) and god himself for over 2000 years. Do you mean to tell me that drawing God is fine, but drawing a (comparatively) lowly prophet is uber-taboo? That's bass-ackward.

I'm not trying to be a dick or disparage you, I'm trying to point out there is some Hypocrisy in play here.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2735 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 136  137  138  139  140  141  142 ... 183  Next