bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:06 pm

It's starting to sound like you need to belong to a special interest or you don't get any special interest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:16 pm

andyt andyt:
So, it's not just those scummy Muslims, but it's only a story once it involves them.

Actually I'd be interested in knowing who else is denying subsidized housing and who else is denied.

Apparently there's a Christian retirement home that will put non-Christian applicants a little further back in the line although not necessarily reject them.

But there's a limited amount of subsidy money.

Some organizations seem to know how to play the game to get in on that. I'm wondering how the Ahmadiyya's got to push their wheel barrows up to the front of the trough for a cash fill-up.

I do remember this.

http://www.mississauga.com/community-st ... onvention/

But yeah, I'd like more detail on everybody who's filling their pockets with subsidy money, and who's missing out as a result.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:27 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
It's starting to sound like you need to belong to a special interest or you don't get any special interest.

Well being visibly disabled automatically puts you in a special interest group but apparently they're not "special enough" when up against one of Canada's wonderful, newer "cultures".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Yeah, I get it. Too true.

But what I was thinking of as "special" interest were the sort that were politically favored.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Apparently the Muslim place is making the same claim as the Christian places: not denied, just " wait list " which I'm sure is a game they all play:
$1:
City subsidizes 10 affordable housing buildings that only take residents from a certain ethnic, religious or cultural group.

Karin Tahir, Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace’s property manager, said the building does not discriminate on race, colour or ethnicity. "Ahmadiyya is in 200 countries," he said.
"We're not bumping anyone off the list," Tahir added. "The real issue is the 90,000-person waiting list for an affordable unit. Where is the new stock?"

“Here you have a building for Muslims, and normally that would be discriminatory because other religions could not be accommodated there.
“But the Human Rights Code says if it’s a special-interests organization — religious, philanthropic, educational or social — they can discriminate in that way,” he said. “It’s very unfortunate, but that’s how the law was written.”

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:41 pm

No, that's not actually the same claim.

There's a waiting list for subsidized housing. That's government. The Muslim outfit rejects them and puts them back on that list.

The Christian outfit seems to have a separate list for Christians that bumps Christians up, but keeps non-Christians in line.

The complaint of one women who was rejected by the Muslims is she now has to go to the back of the government line.

You say the Muslims suggest that's not true. At this point who knows?

And I would say the same thing about the City's communications guy who claims the city is following the Human Rights code. That's what he claims, but that isn't what a simple reading of the code seems to say so at this point who really knows?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:49 pm

I guess the answer is to just fund more government run secular public housing instead of subsidizing private and religious housing. Oh darn !!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:33 pm

Maybe.

Personally I'm not sure I see the advantage to the larger populace of putting Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims or Rastafarians at the front of the line for subsidy money, if only their people can take advantage of the perks. Bet you thought you knew me, but I'll tell you something. I would fill an Ahmadiyya Muslim's wheelbarrow up with cash before I would give the United Church so much as a squirt of oil for a squeaky tire.

How do schools do it? Weren't colleges and universities able to select students by race or religion at one time? Can they still do that with government money? I know Trinity college on the west coast takes non-christians if they want to apply.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:28 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Apparently the Muslim place is making the same claim as the Christian places: not denied, just " wait list " which I'm sure is a game they all play:
$1:
City subsidizes 10 affordable housing buildings that only take residents from a certain ethnic, religious or cultural group.

Karin Tahir, Ahmadiyya Abode of Peace’s property manager, said the building does not discriminate on race, colour or ethnicity. "Ahmadiyya is in 200 countries," he said.
"We're not bumping anyone off the list," Tahir added. "The real issue is the 90,000-person waiting list for an affordable unit. Where is the new stock?"

“Here you have a building for Muslims, and normally that would be discriminatory because other religions could not be accommodated there.
“But the Human Rights Code says if it’s a special-interests organization — religious, philanthropic, educational or social — they can discriminate in that way,” he said. “It’s very unfortunate, but that’s how the law was written.”

NOT when it comes to rental units. The OHRC is VERY clear on that matter. The law that "allows" for discrimination is when dealing with groups like clubs, gyms, etc, not when it comes to necessities like shelter and food.

As for the game you think is being played, buddy was already ON the wait list. It was his turn when a unit became available and the foreign shitpumps who bought the building in the meantime said, "Sorry, you can't live here." They didn't merely put him on a friggin' waiting list (he was already on the waiting list and it was his turn), they outright rejected his application because he wasn't muslim. Period.

It's pretty fucking disgusting that the City of Toronto administration, the Ontario Liberals and the OHRC all find this to be acceptable practice. Although it's not particularly surprising.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:38 am

As Canada's best blogger, BCF says "This is the one you've been waiting for."

Ezra has an opinion: :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:06 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
As Canada's best blogger, BCF says "This is the one you've been waiting for."

Ezra has an opinion: :wink:

I want to be clear about this. I have a problem with it no matter WHAT GROUP tries to pull this kind of crap. If "Islamophobia" is what it takes to bring the bigger overall problem to light if there is one, then so be it.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Welll...erm uuuuu geee maybe i misjudged this Ezra guy....or i'm hanging out in this place too much....

egads!!!!! pubic Lice NO life , made sense just now.....

I'm doomed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Take your fridge temp IQ and fuck off loser boy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with this as long as no public money is going to the 'charities' running these places, but if taxpayers are paying even one cent for it, then it should be as inclusive as Canadian society is (or at least strives to be).