Title: Toronto police seize 400 Registered guns
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2009-09-22 14:50:08
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Are't you people glad you registered your guns! It gave the police your permission to enter your home, and confiscate your guns in return for not going to jail for being an idiot. Oh . . .wait . .

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Damned shame they can't go out and confiscate the UNREGISTERED guns - you know, the ones criminals use. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Registration will never lead to confiscation!

Remember that the next time someone tells you to register your guns.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Another giant leap towards tyrany. Way to go Toronto. I wait with anticipation to see the body count go down.

I find it unbelievable that all of those weapons were stored illegally and I hope a hell of a lot of lawsuits start because of this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm

It won't matter because no one in Canada has a right to own a firearm. Where it is merely a privilege then there is no infraction of your rights occuring when your firearms are seized.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 pm

$1:
Police estimate there are still 4,000 guns in Ontario that are being improperly stored.

I am assuming they got to this number from the next 4000 that registered their guns and are about to have them confiscated.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 pm

I am completely positive that ALL the homes with guns that get inspected will be found unsafe and result in confescation.

(warming up the Toronto gun ban thread now.. :D )

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:37 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Another giant leap towards tyrany. Way to go Toronto. I wait with anticipation to see the body count go down.

I find it unbelievable that all of those weapons were stored illegally and I hope a hell of a lot of lawsuits start because of this.

But this Tronna where the mayor blames the Americans(!) because people have smuggled so many illegal guns into his city. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:11 pm

$1:
Mayor David Miller Surrenders Toronto to Criminals and Gangs.
by Blair Hagen, National President

National Firearms Association Media Release
Tuesday, May 28th, 2008

Mayor David Miller Surrenders Toronto to Criminals and Gangs.
Mayor David Miller has made it clear that he intends to ban all lawful firearms activities within the limits of Greater Toronto.

There was nothing in the announcement from the Mayor of Toronto about getting tough on recidivist criminals, targeting gangs, or pursuing a zero tolerance policy against lawlessness and violence of all kinds.

Miller's threat is to close down licensed firearms dealers, certified gun clubs and ranges, and to harass and eliminate licensed firearms owners with registered firearms within that city.

According to National Firearms Association President Blair Hagen: "Basically what has just happened here is that Mayor David Miller is waving a white flag of surrender at the criminal gangs that will now take over the City of Toronto. By targeting law abiding Torontonians, he's signalling to the gangs and the criminals that the heat is off of them, and is instead going to be directed at easier targets; those who actually comply with laws and respect them".

"It's clear that Mayor Miller intends to follow the failed gun control policies of countries like the United Kingdom, where gun crimes have more than doubled since handguns were banned there in 1997. Mayor Miller pays lip service to other crime fighting measures in his announcement, but it's clear who he thinks the real problem is; law abiding Canadians".

Mayor Miller's bizarre fetish for gun control is in direct contrast to the more thoughtful approach to ending gun crime taken by other big city mayors like Sam Sullivan of Vancouver.

The City of Vancouver has more than its fair share of shootings and criminal activity, but the mayor has put that in the more proper context of the need to crack down on criminals, smuggling, and fixing Canada's broken and inadequate criminal justice system.

In the 2004 Strategic Plan of the Vancouver Police Department, it was reported that "97 percent of the firearms of all types seized in crimes in Vancouver, had never been in the Canadian system".

Mayor Sullivan suggests that social conditions are also important factors and that "a ban on all handguns would certainly not end gun crime. It wouldn't root out violence, or alter gang behaviour, or topple the markets in illegal drugs and weapons. Mr. Miller is wrong to oversimplify the problem. Tragedies happen for many reasons. If all guns were banned in the sense that it was against the law to own any kind of firearm, there would still be shootings".

Mayor Sullivan of Vancouver says he's no fan of easy access to handguns, but suggests that more useful efforts to reduce gun violence would entail reducing the trade in illegal drugs, and solving the social problems that contribute to the kind of lawlessness that Mayor David Miller of Toronto has proven powerless to stop.

The Minister of Public Safety of Canada, Stockwell Day, is also opposed to Mayor Miller's demands:

"Our government has always been clear about our commitment to effective gun control. We believe, as do the majority of Canadians, that effective gun control means targeting criminals, and the criminal misuse of firearms, not Olympic competitors or the collectors of historic firearms".

"Unlike other jurisdictions, like the U.K., where banning handguns resulted in an increase in firearms crime, the steps we are taking are proven to reduce gun crime. We are delivering on our promise to hire 1,000 new RCMP personnel. We have committed up to $400-million to assist the provinces and territories in recruiting 2,500 new front-line police officers. We have also invested $19.5-million for our border enforcement teams to deal with drug and gun smuggling".

National Firearms Association President Blair Hagen says; "Rather than surrendering your city to criminal gangs by instead attacking the most law abiding members of your community, attack the root causes of that criminal activity and punish those that are responsible for it. That's something the National Firearms Association and the entire firearms community of Canada can support".

NFA President Blair Hagen continues "A growing number of Canadian politicians at all levels of government are getting the message that gun control laws directed at law abiding Canadians are not getting it done when it comes to reducing violence, Why does Mayor Miller ignores all facts and evidence and continues his crusade against law abiding people in Toronto and all of Ontario ?"

What to do if the police are knocking at your door:
http://www.nfa.ca/files/searchwarrants09letter.pdf

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Wow this sucks! your true freedoms are next! What did they do just show up and enter a home? I would have told the cop to get the fuck off my property!

Shocked just truly shocked! I would call for a uprising!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 pm

That is why I'm against the gun registry. I would also like to know who the judge was who signed the search warrants. He or she should be disbarred.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:17 pm

gonavy47 gonavy47:
That is why I'm against the gun registry. I would also like to know who the judge was who signed the search warrants. He or she should be disbarred.

Like I said, part of registering your guns means that you give police the right to search your home, 24/7/365. No warrant.

If you store your guns improperly (no trigger locks, ammo not locked and in a separate locked location . . .any one of dozens of conditions) then you get a nice criminal charge. So the police decide to confiscate the guns, rather than charge people for unsafe storage. Not a bad idea (if you don't know how to keep them safely, you probably shouldn't have one), but totally the wrong message.

I am that much more proud to be an Albertan today. The Crown in Alberta has said they will pursue no charge in violation of the gun registry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 pm

Storing your guns safely is very important, if the lowlifes break in your house and take them its your fault, if the cops break in your house and take your guns its still your fault. I have a couple of friends I shoot with we exchange gun parts at the range example: my buddy has the slide for my .45 and I have the slide for his 9mm,we both have guns that can't be readily used all the bolts for my rifles are kept at another friends and I keep their parts. All our guns are kept locked up as safe as we can, we have an agreement that if Canada gets invaded we will all meet in one place with all the parts, this hasn't happened yet!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Carolina Hurricans
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:07 pm

$1:
"Legal handgun owners are not dangerous individuals," Blair told reporters at a Tuesday news conference. "But we know from experience that their firearms can become extremely dangerous when they get into the hands of criminals. And so we have undertaken a number of initiatives to reduce the availability of those handguns."

Yeah, cuz we know it is easier to shake down the lawful owner than to have to actually chase down the criminal. :roll: