canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Title: Trans-Pacific Partnership would give $4.3B boost to economy, federal study says | Metro News
Category: Economics
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2016-09-09 14:39:30
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:47 pm

This is an extremely important trade deal, one which I support and believe will benefit Canada greatly. It is not only a smart deal in regards to the economic benefit but also the geo-political advantages.

I will be doing my part as a good citizen and firm believer in democracy and transparency to contact the nations involved in this deal to make sure they have ample recourse if and when any other nation (specifically Canada) violates the agreement. I would hope citizens of other nations would do the same for us if their nation engaged in trade agreement violations.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:54 pm

It's also a deal that makes every Canadian subject to and accountable to the laws of other countries and also to the decisions of their courts.

Meaning you could go to jail for saying something truthful about the dictatorship in Singapore.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:57 pm

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
I will be doing my part as a good citizen and firm believer in democracy and transparency to contact the nations involved in this deal to make sure they have ample recourse if and when any other nation (specifically Canada) violates the agreement. I would hope citizens of other nations would do the same for us if their nation engaged in trade agreement violations.

Sure you will... :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:11 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
It's also a deal that makes every Canadian subject to and accountable to the laws of other countries and also to the decisions of their courts.

Meaning you could go to jail for saying something truthful about the dictatorship in Singapore.

I have heard this argument by Americans. You have the luxury of this position as you have a robust, dynamic and diverse economy. Both America and Japan will be the key partners in this deal.

Canada is a centralized economy that relies on the innovative economies of others to trade our resources to, while we engage in a "hands on" approach to our economy. We dont have as much to lose because we are a paper tiger democracy anyways. This deal is a much more lucrative and vital deal for Canada than it is for the U.S or even Japan.

Ultimately, just as Americans have a right to know if Canadian agents are spreading hatred and unions in their corporations, all nations need the right to be able to take action against another nation that violates laws.

Last edited by shockedcanadian on Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:13 pm

raydan raydan:

You got me, I'm a big bluffer.

I will start with New Zealand, a fairly gentle choice to begin with since they are under the same Commonwealth banner and are probably quite familiar with these tactics, though not to the extent they need to be aware.

New Zealand offices
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Head Office
195 Lambton Quay
Private Bag 18 901
Wellington 6160, New Zealand
Tel: +64 4 439 8000
Fax: +64 4 472 9596
Email enquiries@mfat.govt.nz

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:19 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I have heard this argument by Americans. You have the luxury of this position as you have a robust, dynamic and diverse economy. Both America and Japan will be the key partners in this deal.

Canada is a centralized economy that relies on the innovative economies of others to trade our resources to, while we engage in a "hands on" approach to our economy. We dont have as much to lose because we are a paper tiger democracy anyways. This deal is by a much more lucrative deal for Canada than the U.S.

Ultimately, just as Americans have a right to know if Canadian agents are spreading hatred and unions in their corporations, all nations need the right to be able to take action against another nation that violates laws.

A...centralized economy with a "hands on" approach?

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

What the hell do you think the TPP and other agreements have been for, if not to tie the hands of government and prevent them from using many of the tools used by previous generations?

And it's not like the government has prevented many of our companies from being bought up and hollowed out by foreigners, companies that could be built up into something more than just raw exporters.

All that aside, you keep ranting about "Canadian agents" that seem to keep spreading anti-American sentiment everywhere, while encouraging unionization.

Do you have even a shred of evidence for any of this?

At all?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:22 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Canada is a centralized economy that relies on the innovative economies of others to trade our resources to, while we engage in a "hands on" approach to our economy. We dont have as much to lose because we are a paper tiger democracy anyways. This deal is by a much more lucrative deal for Canada than the U.S.

A...centralized economy with a "hands on" approach?

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

What the hell do you think the TPP and other agreements have been for, if not to tie the hands of government and prevent them from using many of the tools used by previous generations?

And it's not like the government has prevented many of our companies from being bought up and hollowed out by foreigners, companies that could be built up into something more than just raw exporters.

All that aside, you keep ranting about "Canadian agents" that seem to keep spreading anti-American sentiment everywhere, while encouraging unionization.

Do you have even a shred of evidence for any of this?

At all?

None whatsoever. Just ignore me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:44 pm

raydan raydan:

He's really off into fantasy land. I'm sure world leaders have him on speed dial to get the "truth" about Canadian business and government leaders. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Small wonder why small animals and children don't trust him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:36 pm

raydan raydan:

I will start with New Zealand, a fairly gentle choice to begin with since they are under the same Commonwealth banner and are probably quite familiar with these tactics, though not to the extent they need to be aware.
They don't give a shit man. No one does. You're nobody. Welcome to the club.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:46 pm

$4.3 billion boost to whose economy? The Chinese? Sure won't be ours because the others will do what they always do to Canada, tear us up and use us as their bitch like a kleenex at a snot party. World's cuddliest and friendliest doormats once again. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 pm

[/quote]
Sure you will... :lol:[/quote]

I will start with New Zealand, a fairly gentle choice to begin with since they are under the same Commonwealth banner and are probably quite familiar with these tactics, though not to the extent they need to be aware.[/quote]They don't give a shit man. No one does. You're nobody. Welcome to the club.[/quote]

Yep, everyone's a nobody. You would be surprised how important country's view liberty and potential harm to their nation and economic interests. Their job is to collect information and adjust their view of other nations accordingly, even if those details come from the lowest among us.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanos Thanos:
$4.3 billion boost to whose economy? The Chinese? Sure won't be ours because the others will do what they always do to Canada, tear us up and use us as their bitch like a kleenex at a snot party. World's cuddliest and friendliest doormats once again. :lol:

China isn't a part of TPP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Do we have a separate give-it-all-away-for-a-small-bag-of-magic-beans agreement that we can readily sign off with Beijing?

Canadian negotiator (fully supported by Canadian government, Canadian media, and Canadian bankers): "OK, the final deal is we'll send you every remaining job in our country and let you import slave-labourers into Canada to harvest the remaining forests/oil/fish/minerals/etc. In exchange China will lower the price on everything in Walmart by an extra 1% and toss in an extra fortune cookie (including lottery numbers on the fortune slip) with every take-out order. As there are apparently no objections to this deal everyone please sign where indicated".