canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 am

I could care less if pot were legalized or not. I'm just tired of the myths and wild-eyed optimism the pro-legalization crowd keeps pushing. For every casual doobie smoker there's probably two or three spacecases that gave ruined their lives with it. Legalization won't make the sad facts of addiction disappear, despite all the borderline magical wonders the pro-leg side keeps saying will happen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 am

Unsound Unsound:

I think the anti-pot crowd need to get over the fantasy that all pot smokers are wasters living in mom's basement getting high and playing video games. That's a stereotype that has long outlived it's usefulness. Some of the most successful people I know like to smoke a joint now and then, or even almost every day. They treat it the same way many people treat a beer or a good whiskey.

Smoking, drinking or getting high on a daily basis isn't good for you. If you feel the need to drink on a daily basis or get high, you have a problem.

While I agree with you on the stereotypes a lot of the people who push the agenda are those people which damages the credibility of the message.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 am

Again, I'd really like to see some of these so-called magical wonders you guys keep talking about. Seems to me most pro-legalization people say it will reduce harm, not eliminate it, and that it will free up money from enforcement for other things. That doesn't sound too magical to me. Sounds like simple common sense.

And at the end of the day, even if it makes absolutely no difference in crime rates, or addiction, or whatever, we are still better off because we're freer as a society.

I'd also like to know where you get your 2 or 3 to 1 ratio of spacecases to casual smokers...

I suspect you know far more casual smokers than you think you do, they just don't tell you cause they can't be bothered to put up with your judgement... and that statement goes for pretty much everyone who can't get past the 50s propaganda film picture of what a pot smoker is like.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:57 am

We'll have to agree to disagree. I know what I saw when I was younger and hung out with these kind of guys. Like the Jabber guy said, do enough dope and it makes your spark go away. I remember one of them saying how many minor-league or even NHL caliber players could have come out of our old neighbourhood back in the late 1970's and early 80's that ended up amounting to nothing because they all started doping up when they were way too young.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 am

My favourite part of that comment is how he makes it sound like being an NHL player is the greatest thing someone can be.

Awwww, he only became a neurosurgeon instead.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 am

Pretty sure your greatest accomplishment in life was to be the last clerk laid off from Blockbuster Video before they closed for good, dopey.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:05 am

My bills are paid.

:mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:09 am

Yeah, but mine are paid honestly, after taxes, from a real job, not from some crop grown under stolen electricity in mom's basement. Or from peddling garbage outside of the 711 to junior high students. In other words, completely opposite from how you do things, Cheetoh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:11 am

Har har har...

Whatever picture you want to paint, that guy has savings in the bank and pays his bills on time.

:mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 am

Yeah. Right. My clean conscience from not corrupting kids is worth about a million of whatever it is you have, Dorito. Why don't you do a hundred or so threads on how pimping should be legalized as your next trick, you ambulatory two-legged walkin' and talkin' moral toxic zone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 am

Which kids have I corrupted again? It's hard to tell with all these Dorito's around who is who.

Done with the stereotypes yet?

I bet it kills you to have this argument with someone who is more successful than you. You don't even have the excuse of being a pot smoker.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:37 am

Curtman Curtman:
Which kids have I corrupted again? It's hard to tell with all these Dorito's around who is who.

I bet it kills you to have this argument with someone who is more successful than you. You don't even have the excuse of being a pot smoker.

Based on your van purchase, I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the "I'm more successful than you" bandwagon. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Curtman Curtman:

Based on your van purchase, I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the "I'm more successful than you" bandwagon. :lol:

What's wrong with it? It's a good bus. Corinne picked it out. I know what happens, the first time it breaks it's my fault otherwise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:

My father is so conservative he'd make you look like a hardline Dipper. Yet I was still able to convince him of the relative harmlessness of weed and prove to him that it's prohibition was based on nothing but pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Not nice of you to lie to your father. :)

Let's stop referring to marijuana has a "harmless" drug. It's false.

I guess you don't read qualifiers? I said RELATIVE harmlessness.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Trudeau Liberals surge back into healthy lead in polls after leader’s pot admission

$1:
The Liberals have surged to 38% support from voters in the latest Forum Poll for the National Post, while the Conservatives have slipped to 29% and the NDP trail at 22%. The poll was conducted one day after Trudeau’s pot admission shook up Canada’s sleepy summer recess.

Trudeau is after the younger vote. But that is fraught with its own peril--young people don't vote. You can get them out--Obama managed in 2008--but it requires special effort.

It seems one area where the young are actually wiser than the old--they don't see much difference between politicians of different stripes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13 ... 22  Next