CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28486
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 am
 


Title: Trudeau cabinet approves Trans Mountain expansion project Social Sharing
Category: Business
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-06-18 13:48:25
Canadian


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8071
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:36 am
 


Third time is a charm. Now to announce when it's getting actually built.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 31869
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 am
 


llama66 wrote:
Third time is a charm. Now to announce when it's getting actually built.


I see trucks full of pipe every day, and there are two huge yards full of pipe near my home.

I'm going with 'Monday'. ;)


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8071
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:56 am
 


Good. I'm noting we're not saying which "Monday"


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27544
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:56 am
 


You can bet your last dollar that BC and all the activists are busily judge-shopping as hard as they can to find the court most likely to issue another injunction to shut it down again. There is no end to this because that's what Trudeau's already done with the existing regulations. When the new anti-Alberta bills become law the situation will be even worse.

Said it before, saying it again - I'll crack a beer open when the damn line is finished and fully operational and not until then. There's still an endless number of knives, legal or otherwise, available to the adversary to shove into the back of this development.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16599
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 am
 


Cooper is selling for like $4.00 a pound here. Might want to grab a truck load if you can. ;)


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 31869
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:02 am
 


Thanos wrote:
You can bet your last dollar that BC and all the activists are busily judge-shopping as hard as they can to find the court most likely to issue another injunction to shut it down again. There is no end to this because that's what Trudeau's already done with the existing regulations. When the new anti-Alberta bills become law the situation will be even worse.


I laugh at the irony of US States taking BC to court because of river pollution as well. At least it isn't in the ocean! :lol:

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2019/ ... ouder.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5180818


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28737
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:08 am
 


stratos wrote:
Cooper is selling for like $4.00 a pound here. Might want to grab a truck load if you can. ;)

What's Cooper selling? [huh]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27544
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Thanos wrote:
You can bet your last dollar that BC and all the activists are busily judge-shopping as hard as they can to find the court most likely to issue another injunction to shut it down again. There is no end to this because that's what Trudeau's already done with the existing regulations. When the new anti-Alberta bills become law the situation will be even worse.


I laugh at the irony of US States taking BC to court because of river pollution as well. At least it isn't in the ocean! :lol:

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/2019/ ... ouder.html

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5180818


Yeah, that one is hilarious. How badly does the selenium pollution in the Canadian portion of a waterway have to be for fucking GOP senators to side with Dem ones in concern because of it? It's identical to getting cussed out by China, Malaysia, and the Philippines for the cavalier manner in which we send them our trash. Way to go, enviro-martyrs. :lol:


Last edited by Thanos on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16599
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:12 am
 


raydan wrote:
stratos wrote:
Cooper is selling for like $4.00 a pound here. Might want to grab a truck load if you can. ;)

What's Cooper selling? [huh]


If you have to ask then you don't need to know. 8)


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14007
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:18 am
 


What's the point of approving it as long as bill C-48 is still in play. Groper's cabinet may have approved the TMX but his Senate appointees are keeping the tanker ban alive. The expansion is pointless if we can't export that oil.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2456
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:23 am
 


PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
What's the point of approving it as long as bill C-48 is still in play. Groper's cabinet may have approved the TMX but his Senate appointees are keeping the tanker ban alive. The expansion is pointless if we can't export that oil.

So that really stupid people can say, "see Alberta! He bought you a pipeline!" Worship him!"

While being completely oblivious to what the problem even was, or how it could be resolved.

Like Herbie.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 31869
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 am
 


PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
What's the point of approving it as long as bill C-48 is still in play. Groper's cabinet may have approved the TMX but his Senate appointees are keeping the tanker ban alive. The expansion is pointless if we can't export that oil.


The tanker ban is for the north end of the straight of Haida Gwaii. Ie: Prince Rupert. Not Vancouver and the Salish Sea.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 am
 


Thanos wrote:
You can bet your last dollar that BC and all the activists are busily judge-shopping as hard as they can to find the court most likely to issue another injunction to shut it down again. There is no end to this because that's what Trudeau's already done with the existing regulations. When the new anti-Alberta bills become law the situation will be even worse.

Said it before, saying it again - I'll crack a beer open when the damn line is finished and fully operational and not until then. There's still an endless number of knives, legal or otherwise, available to the adversary to shove into the back of this development.


Same here, Thanos. It appears that no amount of consultation, appeasement or accommodation will change the minds of those opposed to twinning the line. Certain FNs - notably most of whom will not benefit from the line - are already mounting protests and planning court challenges.
Our own Premier Tool has badly misplayed his opposition to the line and the jobs it would provide for BC citizens especially now that the draconian measures brought in by this government has all but caused the collapse of the forest industry in our province with mill after mill announcing closures and lay-offs.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8760
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:07 am
 


Duh!
The problem was solved just as I said it would be. And all the opposition that happens from now on will have less chance than a Hail Mary pass. The BC gov't knew months ago it can only put on a show, but it still will.
As for the dimwits that can't even look at a map and skipped Grade 9 Geography, you'll just have to live without the Enbridge line being revived, cuz the tanker ban stays.
You'll get something to whine about when TMX is all done and China says Fuck You! to Alberta oil.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeaverFever and 18 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.