Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:03 am

martin14 wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:
accepting 350,000 individuals in a single year.

It's not replacement.

These are colonization numbers.

:roll:

When it gets to a million per year, call me.

Until then, this is just more alarmist crap. Canada took in the same numbers in the years before World War 1 and people complained then too. But as history has shown, Canada was not overrun with Ukrainians, Russians or Scandinavians.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11- ... 06-eng.htm

Back then we had 8 million Canadians, so that worked out to 5% immigration per year.

We weren't overrun with Italians and other undesirables from the Mediterraneanregion after WW2 either, despite politicians of the day warning us about it.

350,000 immigrants with 37 million Canadians is less than 1% per year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:07 am

Quote:
When we add together permanent residents, temporary workers, foreign students and other long-term visitors, Canada will welcome roughly three-quarters of a million people into our country each year.

Here's the usual bias the Sun chain promotes. Foreign students bring boatloads of cash to our poorly funded universities (often due to funding cuts from previous conservative governments) and temporary foreign workers are just that - temporary.

So all we're really talking about is 350,000 immigrants, up from the current 250,000 per year. It sounds like a lot, but as the Stas Can link shows, it's still far less then Canada has accepted at other times in our history.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11- ... 06-eng.htm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:15 am

350,000 a year is over 1 million in 3 years. About 10 million around 2050. Or close to a third of the current population.

That's with the birth rate of the native population diminishing while the birth rates of the major immigrant demographics more than doubles it. So it would most likely be even higher.

Tell us again why we shouldn't worry about what Canada will look like in 2050 but we need to worry about the nice weather we might be having after a 150 years of what you currently want us to call "climate change."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:43 am

350,000 is less than 1% of the population and is also fewer than the number of Canadian births per year in every year of the last 10 years

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:14 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
350,000 is less than 1% of the population and is also fewer than the number of Canadian births per year in every year of the last 10 years

When you measure birth rate against death rate of the current native born population it's declining.

Quote:
The fertility rate refers to the number of children a hypothetical woman would have over the course of her reproductive life, based on females aged 15 to 49.

In Canada, that rate has been steadily falling over the last several decades: 1971 was the last year when the average number of children matched the 2.1 replacement level needed for the population to renew itself, without being bolstered by immigration.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/wi ... t-statscan

I showed you the math for the immigrant population under the Trudeau/Hussein plan. Best get your calculator to check it out because we've seen you have problems without it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Quote:
Roughly 50% of the work age immigrants that come here are completely unemployable. They have no discernible work skills, no knowledge of either of our languages and in many of those cases, they are also illiterate in their own language.

Yeah and they carry the plague, leprosy, are all members of ISIS and eat deep fried Christian babies on a stick too.
Believe your own bullshit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:32 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:

When you measure birth rate against death rate of the current native born population it's declining.

Of course it is! That’s the whole reason for immigration in the first place, because population is declining and aging!

FFS! How do you not understand that?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:

Of course it is! That’s the whole reason for immigration in the first place, because population is declining and aging!

FFS! How do you not understand that?

Why do you think I don't?

The left believes they can't finance social programs without increasing the population. Why do you think I wouldn't know they think that? They won't shut up about it.

Now let's ask ourselves if that's going to work with the Trudeau/Merkel model.

With that you have ever increasing enclaves of cultures that failed where they came from then they bring them here to fail but with our financing. The strain on social programs becomes greater not less.

That's one of the things the regressive left refuses to get no matter how many times you tell them. People aren't complaining about immigration. They're complaining about thoughtless or illegal immigration.

And massive thoughtless and illegal immigration beyond a country's ability to assimilate it is beyond stupid. It's suicidal.

Attachments:
trudeau-hassan-imigration.jpg
trudeau-hassan-imigration.jpg [ 138.32 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
350,000 a year is over 1 million in 3 years. About 10 million around 2050. Or close to a third of the current population.

That's with the birth rate of the native population diminishing while the birth rates of the major immigrant demographics more than doubles it. So it would most likely be even higher.

Tell us again why we shouldn't worry about what Canada will look like in 2050 but we need to worry about the nice weather we might be having after a 150 years of what you currently want us to call "climate change."

And? It's 250,000 a year now, which means in four years it IS a million people.

Sorry, but your slow-moving apocalypse isn't an apocalypse at all.

We've accepted literally millions of immigrants in the past 50 years and the changes have been minor. Sure, first generation immigrants tend to not learn English/French or assimilate, but their kids mostly do - but that can be said of all immigrants, whether they are Polish, German, Chinese, or Indian.

I grew up with dozens of second generation immigrants from Asia, the Caribbean, and South America, and if you talked to them on the phone, you'd never know they weren't 'the right kind of immigrant' it sounds like you'd prefer.

Most, if not all, speak the language fluently, they drink Tim Horton's, they like hockey and all the other typical stereotypes mass media perpetuates about Canadians. So what if they also choose to celebrate Diwali or Harvest Moon Festival or Kwanza or some other holiday?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:50 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
the Trudeau/Hussein plan. .

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, that's a good idea... don't just trigger the anti-Trudeau brain cell, hit the (Oh My God) it's a Mu..Mu..Muslim brain cell. But next time don't forget the S..S..S..Soros cell if you really want your hate firing on all available cylinders.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 am

herbie wrote:
Quote:
Roughly 50% of the work age immigrants that come here are completely unemployable. They have no discernible work skills, no knowledge of either of our languages and in many of those cases, they are also illiterate in their own language.

Yeah and they carry the plague, leprosy, are all members of ISIS and eat deep fried Christian babies on a stick too.
Believe your own bullshit.

Hey, as REAL lefties, we should admonish them to NOT eat anything deep fried. We both know it's unhealthy and bad for the planet.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 am

Ran a business for 24 years, would've gladly hired someone who knew hod dlie go here, cpyew dare, seedy dare, all dun me sweep now ahead of the subsidized dorks I could've paid $3 an hour to because they only worried about the EI insurable hours on their pay stubs.
Or when the doctor said I had gout and told me anchovies were the worst thing to eat, and I said I'm part Italian that will be hell - lifted his pant leg to show me he had it too and replied "I know, I'm Indian and I'm supposed to stay away from curry". MOF there's not ONE doctor among the 8 in our local clinic who was born in Canada.
As for 3rd world hell holes, the tales from friend's and the ex's parent about London and Glasgow in the early 1960s compared to living in Canada then....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Quote:
who knew hod dlie go here, cpyew dare, seedy dare, all dun me sweep now

I'm sorry, I can't figure out what exactly you are saying here...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:02 pm

llama66 wrote:
Quote:
who knew hod dlie go here, cpyew dare, seedy dare, all dun me sweep now

I'm sorry, I can't figure out what exactly you are saying here...

"Who knew [hoodie?] went there, copier there, sit there, all done I will go to sleep now."*

He's making fun of people cleaning the business who have thick accents.

*I think. Pretty sure though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:05 pm

bootlegga wrote:
N_Fiddledog wrote:

And? It's 250,000 a year now, which means in four years it IS a million people.

Just trying to show you what happens at the levels the Liberals want to move to. Not crazy about the current levels either if you want to know the truth.

But if you want to get technical the Immigration minister (Fifey tells me I can't tell you who that is because he's originally from Somalia, or something) explains in a Global piece:

Quote:
The figures were announced Wednesday as part of government’s updated multi-year immigration levels plan, which covers the next three years. The target rises annually from 310,000 this year, counting all classes of new arrivals.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4616768/cana ... tion-2021/

(You'd best stay away from that link Fifey because they mention the name of our immigration minister. Don't want you getting the vapors.)

But anyway Boots did you notice the number increases to 310,000. But yes they do say they won't reach 350,000 until 2021.

Did you notice this in the OP article though?

Quote:
New permanent residents are just half the equation. The Trudeau government also plans to boost the number of temporary foreign workers to 250,000 per year.

Attachments:
multiculturalism.jpg
multiculturalism.jpg [ 295.32 KiB | Viewed 5 times ]