canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 am

Wonder how long it's going to take for the Court to rule that a president isn't obligated to step down after his term is legally over because, gosh darn, his job is just too difficult and important for him to be distracted by mundanities like constitutional law. After all this way of thinking has almost no daylight between it and Kavanagh's belief that a president is exempt from prosecution during his term based on the same bogus belief, that he's too important to be bothered by such silliness like his obvious guilt of corruption and treason.

There was a case a few years back where some banker or hedge fund monster in Colorado that was running crooked schemes was found guilty on multiple charges of professional malfeasance and other such things. The judge laid down one of the most bonkers sentences possible, even for the post-Reagan age where white collar crime has been redefined by a paid-off Congress so many times that essentially none of what they do is now illegal. He said what the banker did was wrong and clearly criminal but that his role in the community was so important that he waived off any fines or time in prison. It would be interesting to see if Kavanagh is a member of the circle that pushes this kind of judicial thinking. As it is, based only on his interpretation that a president is above all law, he is looking like he'll be the most obvious proponent on the court that the republic and all it's laws can quite legally be wiped away and abolished to be replaced with an undisguised aristocracy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 am

Thanos Thanos:
Wonder how long it's going to take for the Court to rule that a president isn't obligated to step down after his term...

NEVER. I don't know why you insist on beating this asinine drum because it's NEVER going to happen.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:
Wonder how long it's going to take for the Court to rule that a president isn't obligated to step down after his term...

NEVER. I don't know why you insist on beating this asinine drum because it's NEVER going to happen.

I've got the smiles Bart. It's deja vu

I remember one time I expressed the same "President for life" worry about Obama then you chastised me with the 22nd amendment. Apparently you guys take that seriously down there.

Who knew? :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:

If you cared about the law at all you never would have voted for Trump. As such I think it's past time for you to quit pretending you care about any sort of constitutional limitations on him or on any other one of these right-wing authoritarian extremists that you support. The goal of bedevilling the libs and any one else on the enemy side is of utmost importance to you guys, to the point that as 230 years of the rule of law in the United States is in the process of being erased from history that you're cheering on it's extermination every step of the way.

And why exactly would a court that proudly ruled that corporations and the ultra-wealthy can flood elections with as much money as they want, essentially buying the results, not someday rule in favour of everything that I genuinely believe they're going to for the benefit of Trump and the other plutocrats?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:36 am

This one goes into all the phoney, astro turfed and scattered protests that were rolled out last night.

SCOTUS Protests Are as Salty and Ridiculous as We'd Hoped

One gets the impression people are starting to lock onto the nonsense angle of these silly things.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Thanos Thanos:

I've got the smiles Bart. It's deja vu

I remember one time I expressed the same "President for life" worry about Obama then you chastised me with the 22nd amendment. Apparently you guys take that seriously down there.

Who knew? :)

I've killed people in the name of our Constitution and I am absolutely ready to do it again if needed.

"...all enemies foreign and domestic."

I don't give a fuck who makes themselves an enemy of our republic, they can't hide forever.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:55 am

Brett Kavanagh’s Nomination Has Leftists Worried They Won’t Get to Put Trump in Jail

$1:
Judge Brett Kavanagh sounds fairly close to perfect as a nominee for the Supreme Court of the United States. He promises to execute the law as written and his personal life is one of love, generosity, and service.

Have faith in the left, however, to defame him. Surely he teased someone in high school or put a dog in a carrier on his car roof once.

The far-left planned protests before he was even selected – they’re ready to go...

Attachments:
disturbance-in-the-force.jpg
disturbance-in-the-force.jpg [ 168.05 KiB | Viewed 351 times ]
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am

Tricks Tricks:
$1:
"Having seen first-hand how complex and difficult that job is," he wrote, "I believe it vital that the President be able to focus on his never-ending tasks with as few distractions as possible." He acknowledged that blocking litigation would suggest the President was "above the law," but he added that "the point is not to put the President above the law or to eliminate checks on the President, but simply to defer litigation and investigations until the President is out of office."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/politics ... index.html

Interesting pick.

Congratulations to the Americans for effectively becoming the worlds largest dictatorship.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am

desertdude desertdude:
Congratulations to the Americans for effectively becoming the worlds largest dictatorship.

Yes, we understand just how jealous you really are about loving dictators.

Too bad you are too stupid to understand just how wrong you really are.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:28 am

desertdude desertdude:

You don't really know that much about our country, do you?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:34 am

desertdude desertdude:
Tricks Tricks:
$1:
"Having seen first-hand how complex and difficult that job is," he wrote, "I believe it vital that the President be able to focus on his never-ending tasks with as few distractions as possible." He acknowledged that blocking litigation would suggest the President was "above the law," but he added that "the point is not to put the President above the law or to eliminate checks on the President, but simply to defer litigation and investigations until the President is out of office."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/politics ... index.html

Interesting pick.

All the signs are pointing towards it now. It can no longer be credibly denied that a neo-aristocracy that is effectively exempt from all law, morals, and ethics, that is staunchly and supported by a base of anarcho-capitalists and heavily-armed religious lunatics, is coalescing in the same way iron filings will drift towards a magnet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:56 am

Thanos Thanos:
The republic is over. A corporate empire has begun. The United States we've known throughout our entire lifetimes is gone forever. :|

It's been over since Eisenhower warned the Americans about the "military-industrial complex" because that little tidbit of sage advice has been morphed to include pretty much all corporations, overly rich private citizens and successive gov'ts since 61 who've given rise to misplaced power.

$1:
"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:57 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I was hoping Trump would nominate Sarah Palin just so no end of liberal maniacs would completely lose their minds.

:lol:

Hollywood Resistance Freaks over Kavanaugh Nomination: ‘Will Cement the First American Dictatorship’

$1:
Hollywood elites reacted with pure anger and outrage Monday night as President Donald Trump announced Judge Brett Kavanaugh of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit as his nominee to replace retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/07/10/hollywood-resistance-freaks-over-kavanaugh-nomination-will-cement-the-first-american-dictatorship/

Unhinged Hollywood's Tears are Soooooo Delicious! :lol: