CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27962
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:21 pm
 


Title: Trump reaped millions in shady tax schemes from father's business, report says; NY Tax Department 'reviewing' allegations
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Robair
Date: 2018-10-02 15:55:54


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7503
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:21 pm
 


RICO act needs to be aimed at the whole family.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 61295
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 pm
 


Robair wrote:
RICO act needs to be aimed at the whole family.


That's nice.

You still have to come up with an actual case and not just an allegation.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7503
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:44 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Robair wrote:
RICO act needs to be aimed at the whole family.


That's nice.

As was threatening to torpedo Canada's economy, not paying hundreds of contractors and by the looks of it tax fraud.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29227
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:14 am
 


Notice one thing missing from the White House . . . ?


Denial. :idea:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22478
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:40 am
 


https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... trump.html

The primary story with, from the looks of it, tax documents supporting it. Haven't read it yet, can't comment.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1051
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 am
 


If true, a blatant and massive fraud. How did a fabulously rich man like Fred Trump get away with such a simple crime? Even in Canada, if I invented a company to pay myself, CRA would be onto me pronto. You just wonder if the taxman can be bothered reviewing complex files - at least let's hope that laziness and incompetence were the reasons for this whale being missed so long.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 5603
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:15 am
 


Sunnyways wrote:
If true, a blatant and massive fraud. How did a fabulously rich man like Fred Trump get away with such a simple crime? Even in Canada, if I invented a company to pay myself, CRA would be onto me pronto. You just wonder if the taxman can be bothered reviewing complex files - at least let's hope that laziness and incompetence were the reasons for this whale being missed so long.

The joys of Capitalism. This is exactly why I hate a pure _________ system. People find ways to beat or break the system or they think they are/above the system. Not saying a mixed system is perfect, but usually it has better controls to prevent such actions from happening.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 61295
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Notice one thing missing from the White House . . . ?


Denial. :idea:


Trump had legions of tax attorneys and an outside accounting firm handling his taxes for him and he's had successive audits on these very filings.

It's an allegation and nothing more.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20551
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 am
 


Despite people's dislike of Trump (myself included), he is innocent until proven guilty, so let's wait until charges are filed, otherwise we're putting the cart before the horse.



llama66 wrote:
The joys of Capitalism. This is exactly why I hate a pure _________ system. People find ways to beat or break the system or they think they are/above the system. Not saying a mixed system is perfect, but usually it has better controls to prevent such actions from happening.


R=UP

Agreed. The 1880 - 1910 period showed us what unchecked capitalism will do, and the 1917-1989 period showed us what unchecked communism will do.

I much prefer Canada's mixed economy to either of those economic models.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 5603
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:13 am
 


When Trump is convicted of Tax Evasion (or whatever) then I'll be outraged. Until then, Nope.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 61295
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:56 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
I much prefer Canada's mixed economy to either of those economic models.


I like a healthy mix, too, but one that favours individual liberties over specious 'collective rights'.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 5603
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 am
 


I too prefer Liberties.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10174
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 pm
 


Let us know if a court finds him guilty.....until then, yawn.

NYT investigation.... ROTFL ROTFL


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7503
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:02 pm
 


PluggyRug wrote:
NYT investigation.... ROTFL ROTFL


Mayor de Blasio says New York is 'looking to recoup' any unpaid taxes from Trump on heels of NYT report

Quote:
“There was a good-old-boy network that obviously Donald Trump played like a fiddle and evaded the kind of regulation and investigation and prosecution he should have received many times over,” de Blasio said. “He finagled and paid his way to being able to escape the kind of scrutiny and prosecution he deserved. And honestly, if a lot of people in New York state had done their jobs, he would never have been president of the United States.”


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  1  2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.