CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:20 pm

$1:
A Texas woman charged in connection with the Capitol insurrection has asked a federal judge to let her travel to Mexico for a "work-related bonding retreat," according to court records.

Jenny Cudd, a flower shop owner and unsuccessful mayoral candidate from Midland, wrote to a federal judge on Monday asking for permission to visit Riviera Maya, Mexico, for a four-day retreat this month. The court docket for her case doesn't yet show a response from the judge.

She was charged with two misdemeanors -- knowingly entering a restricted building and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds -- and was released shortly after her arrest in January. The Justice Department didn't try to keep her in jail before trial, an aggressive move they've reserved for the handful of riot-related defendants accused of violent crimes and conspiracies.

"F--- yes, I am proud of my actions, I f---ing charged the Capitol today with patriots today. Hell, yes, I am proud of my actions," Cudd said in the Facebook video, according to court records.

In the livestream, Cudd allegedly detailed how she "pushed and pushed" and "got up to the top of the Capitol." She claimed, "there was a door open and we went inside," and later was able to "break down the Nancy Pelosi's office door," referring to the Democratic speaker of the House.

"I would absolutely do it again," Cudd said in a local news interview two days after the insurrection, according to court documents, referring to the storming of the Capitol building.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/woman-char ... -1.5294192
You're not likely to be on a judge's good side if you make statements like this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:06 am

Aww poor little snowflake needs some beach time?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:17 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:33 am

$1:
Security officials testify Capitol rioters 'came prepared for war'

Testifying to a Senate committee, the officials said that the rioters "came prepared for war" with weapons, radios and climbing gear.

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund said he had prepared for a protest, not "a military-style coordinated assault".

Four people died after pro-Trump protesters stormed the US Capitol.

Three of the four officials testifying on Tuesday to the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee resigned in the immediate wake of the attack, in which one Capitol Police officer was killed.

Among those testifying are acting Washington DC police chief Robert Contee III, former US Capitol Police chief Steven Sund, Former Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger and former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving.

Chief Contee told lawmakers, who are holding the first public hearing into the attack, that he was "stunned" by how long it took for the Pentagon to deploy National Guard troops to help quell the riots.

. . .

All three officials agreed that there appeared to be a level of co-ordination and planning from the crowd.

Mr Sund said that pipe bombs that were placed at the edge of the security perimeter appeared to be intended to draw law enforcement away from the Capitol building.

"When the group arrived at the perimeter, they did not act like any group of protestors I had ever seen," said the 30-year police veteran.

"A clear lack of accurate and complete intelligence across several federal agencies contributed to this event and not poor planning by the United States Capitol Police," he added.

Capitol Police Captain Carneysha Mendoza described the clashes, telling lawmakers that she has chemical burns on her face from attackers that still have not fully healed.

"Of the multitude of events I've worked in my nearly 19-year career in the department, this was by far the worst of the worst," she said.

"We could have had 10 times the amount of people working with us, and I still believe the battle would have been just as devastating."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56174168

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:29 pm

$1:
Former U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday defended some of his supporters who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, saying they posed "zero threat" to the lawmakers who had assembled there to certify the Electoral College vote that confirmed Joe Biden's victory in the presidential race.

Trump complained to Fox News Channel's Laura Ingraham that law enforcement was "persecuting" the Capitol rioters, while "nothing happens" to left-wing protesters.

Trump did acknowledge that those who stormed the Capitol "went in and they shouldn't have done it."

But he added: "Some of them went in and they're, they're hugging and kissing the police and the guards. You know, they had great relationships. A lot of the people were waved in and then they walked in and they walked out."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-defe ... -1.5363185

Hugging and kissing? WTF?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:33 pm

Beating up Capitol police officers with a fire extinguisher = hugs & kisses in MAGA-thought.

I don't think anyone still normal and decent will be mourning too much the day Trump finally kicks the bucket. Or at a minimum no more than any of us did here when Limpbaugh died. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:50 am

Maybe Trump can do the honourable thing and die in a plane crash with his entire slimy family.

Hugs and Kisses?! A Cop was beaten to death. With a fire extinguisher.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:57 am

I suppose this is why we have lost all the right wingers on CKA. This shit it totally indefensible.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:45 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I suppose this is why we have lost all the right wingers on CKA. This shit it totally indefensible.

We haven't lost right wingers, I'd say there are several (PluggyRug, Thanos, etc) who qualify as right-thinking still on CKA.

What we lost were the MAGA types, and that is a-okay by me.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:43 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Or perhaps their employers think they will be more useful elsewhere!