Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:00 pm

I think he knows he is done.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:02 am

Scape Scape:
I think he knows he is done.

It's beautiful, isn't it? The knowledge that everything he has gotten away with in his life has led him here, and seeing that he realizes it and did nothing to prevent it. His legacy will be the first President to serve time after his term as President.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:14 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
His legacy will be the first President to serve time after his term as President.

I still can't help but find it hard to believe he will ever actually go to prison.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:34 am

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
His legacy will be the first President to serve time after his term as President.

I still can't help but find it hard to believe he will ever actually go to prison.

I can see your position too, but given the scope of his crimes, he has to go to prison for one of them.

Normally the high bar is insurrection, and he's met that. If the conviction happens, then the only sentence can be prison. And I really don't see how they can let anyone walk away from insurrection.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:32 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I can see your position too, but given the scope of his crimes, he has to go to prison for one of them.

Normally the high bar is insurrection, and he's met that. If the conviction happens, then the only sentence can be prison. And I really don't see how they can let anyone walk away from insurrection.

It's just that so much of the shit against him has dragged on for so long now that it seems that none of it will never come to a close. There is always another committee, more subpoenas for this person and that, another investigation, yada yada yada. Add to the fact that he still has a lot of supporters, multiple lawyers and "friends" in high places. He is, if nothing else, a master dodger.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:51 pm

His allies he has left are only their for transactional reasons. As soon as it becomes clear he has no shot and his base becomes so narrow that even they can't turn the tide the fix will be in.

Trump has no friends he has acquaintances and thru fear he controls them. Take away his only means to keep them in line and his support will evaporate overnight. He can't bully via tweet any more as he is not the same social phenomenome he was in 2016. He can still win the primary because the GOP still has nothing on stage that has a personality greater than a wet towel that's why Trump still shines however in the general election Trump can't win on the ticket and they all know it. That stink of a three time loser is pervasive and it cripples his ability to use fear. His only sycophants will be MTG and Matt Gaetz because they can't go anywhere else.

With SO many cases against Trump it only takes ONE to stick and when it happens his whole house of cards will come tumbling down. Stormy Daniels looks like it will be the one to bust the bubble.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:09 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:18 pm

This is it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:34 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:42 pm

I'm with Strutz. I seriously he'll ever see the inside of a jail. He and his lawyers have always played the legal system like virtuosos. Always filing motions, and creating delays and generally grinding the legal system to a halt till it gives up.

As much as it needs to happen, he has spent his whole life immunizing his fat ass from consequence for his actions and I have no faith that it will start now.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:42 pm

Tuesday Trump surrenders.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:17 pm

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14510 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 881  882  883  884  885  886  887 ... 968  Next