bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:27 am

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Meh....I saw plenty of typhoons out of our windows for years.

Are they just better prepared over there for that kind of weather? Or do they get hit equally as hard and no one gives a shit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 am

Tricks wrote:
martin14 wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:
Who needs them. If you want to know the weather just watch TV or listen to the radio.

Or try looking out the window.

I understand that may be difficult for some, as #notallbasements have windows.

If I can see the hurricane outside my window, it's too late.

No.

You're where your supposed to be.. inside your house. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:33 am

martin14 wrote:
No.

Tell that to Houston.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 am

Tricks wrote:
martin14 wrote:
No.

Tell that to Houston.

And Florida. Does Puerto Rico even have electricity yet?

No!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:53 am

Tricks wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:
Meh....I saw plenty of typhoons out of our windows for years.

Are they just better prepared over there for that kind of weather? Or do they get hit equally as hard and no one gives a shit.

The Philippines loses hundreds every year to them. It's just people don't really listen to what they hear. 400 people die in a ferry accident....people shrug it off. Hundreds die in shootings or bombing in the ME and people shrug and carry on. It's because this happens so frequently that people become inured to the reports. it's becoming the same with mass shootings or school shootings in the States. We are hearing about it more frequently, and due to that we are becoming hardened to it in a sense. Not everyone, but generally that seems to be happening.

The last deaths I remember from Kaohsiung due to a typhoon was a woman who drowned in her parkade. She went down to check on her car, and the elevator shorted out and filled with water. The same storm had a kid drown who was playing near a ditch that emptied into a storage drain. They get hit by them several times a year so they are prepared, just like we are for blizzards.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:16 pm

More of Trump's "drain the swamp" by making the USA into such a polluted shithole that Washington looks like a fucking reservoir plan:
Trump admin proposes repealing most of Obama methane leak rule

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:15 am

Quote:
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai is under investigation by the agency's independent watchdog over decisions that benefit Sinclair Broadcasting. FCC Inspector General (IG) David Hunt agreed to conduct the investigation after it was requested in November 2017 by two Democratic lawmakers.

"For months I have been trying to get to the bottom of the allegations about Chairman Pai's relationship with Sinclair Broadcasting," Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-N.J.), said in a statement today. "I am grateful to the FCC's inspector general that he has decided to take up this important investigation."

The investigation was reported today by The New York Times.

The IG will "investigate whether FCC Chairman Ajit Pai and his aides improperly pushed for rule changes to benefit Sinclair Broadcasting in the company's attempt to purchase Tribune Media," Pallone's office said in a press release today. "The investigation will also look into whether Pai and his aides improperly coordinated with Sinclair on those rule changes."

The IG's investigation was requested by Pallone, the top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and by Oversight and Government Reform ranking member Elijah Cummings (D-Md.).

Pallone and Cummings told the IG that they had "repeatedly asked for all correspondence between Chairman Pai, his office, and Sinclair," without much success. "The Chairman has repeatedly refused to answer these inquiries, raising questions about whether he is appropriately following Commission rules," they told Hunt in their November request for an investigation.

Ajit Pai faces investigation into moves that benefit Sinclair Broadcasting

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:15 pm

13 Russians

All sitting in Russia.

Will never be brought for prosecution

Buying Facebook ads.

'unwitting'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:21 pm

martin14 wrote:
Buying Facebook ads.
Wow!!! Is that all it takes to throw an election down south??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm

martin14 wrote:
13 Russians

All sitting in Russia.

Will never be brought for prosecution

Buying Facebook ads.

'unwitting'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothingburger avec Fromage.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm

How easy the CBC doesn't mention the 'Trump is not my President' march in NYC in Nov2016 was organized by the Russians.

They were playing both sides, probably for laughs. Which they got.

Also missed the part where there is no allegation of any anyone in the Trump campaign
connected to any of it.

Also no mention that the trolling did not affect the out come of the election.

It's just more fake BS from the CBC.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 pm

martin14 wrote:
How easy the CBC doesn't mention the 'Trump is not my President' march in NYC in Nov2016 was organized by the Russians.

Like Russians do. I'm quite impressed by them, they seem to have steered many aspects of Western society in the directions they wanted us to go, just with a nudge here and a nudge there. Beautiful psyops. [B-o]

martin14 wrote:
Also missed the part where there is no allegation of any anyone in the Trump campaign
connected to any of it.

That's because there are two aspects to the Russia investigation; collusion during the election, and collusion with the Trump Campaign. The grand jury is still out on the latter.

martin14 wrote:
It's just more fake BS from the CBC.

:lol: I love it when you cry 'fake news' over things that no one is disputing actually happened. It's like when those two words are beside each other, they seem to lose their meaning for you and actually mean "I won't believe it".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm

I didn't use ' fake news'. Fake BS. Learn the difference.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:11 pm

A good read......

https://www.newcenter.ca/news/2017/10/7 ... nald-trump

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:49 pm

martin14 wrote:

Well that has nothing to do with the charges annonced does it? A demonstration march is not the same as the presidential al election and has nothing to do tha

Quote:

During the election they were mostly pro-Trump

Quote:
Also missed the part where there is no allegation of any anyone in the Trump campaign connected to any of it.

Why would they have to do that? It’s not their job to do your thug leaders PR for him.

Quote:

Again irrelevant and also its impact on the election is purely speculative. Again Trump campaign pay people to fo his own PR

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5538 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 303  304  305  306  307  308  309 ... 370  Next