Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
He got your attention, didn't he?

He's good at that. But he's a distraction, a reality show star in Reality. The real game afoot is the systematic restructuring of politics and the economy to move wealth from the poor to the wealthiest.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
The real game afoot is the systematic restructuring of politics and the economy to move wealth from the poor to the wealthiest.

Excuse me but can you explain to me how that's supposed to work?

I mean folks like yourself keep telling how so much wealth is controlled by the '1%' yet you're expecting me to believe that the people who control as much as 80% of the world's wealth are conspiring to steal money from the poor who control less than 1% of the world's wealth? Why would they waste their time?

Let me clear this up for you:

There is no conspiracy.

Poor people get welfare money that they freely give to Wal Mart, McDonald's, Starbucks, Amazon, and etc.

The give away their wealth partly because people like yourself have convinced them that it's some sort of moral atrocity for them to work hard, save and invest their money, and then get themselves out of poverty.

I grew up poor, had some decent principles and morals beat into me at an early age, I saved, invested, and now I'm in the top 10% of Americans for net worth.

And here's the list of reasons why poor people can't do what we did:

$1:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm

They don't need a conspiracy. They do it right there in the light of day and half the people are too stupid to see it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Trump threatens tariffs of up to 25% on all cars imported into U.S.

Right in the middle of NAFTA negotiations!

That's why the man's word cannot be trusted.

He can be trusted to protect the interests of American workers.

Also, the perfect time to threaten tariffs is during NAFTA negotiations. He got your attention, didn't he?

Yes, but not in the good way. He's not protecting anyone doing dumb shit like that. Our economies, and the auto industry in particular, are so interconnected between our countries that you'd have a hard time determining how much of a car came from any one country. Putting 25% tariffs on a car that is 50% built in the USA does nothing to protect those workers, and only encourages building the whole car outside the USA to reduce costs to overcome the tariff.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:55 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Excuse me but can you explain to me how that's supposed to work?

I mean folks like yourself keep telling how so much wealth is controlled by the '1%' yet you're expecting me to believe that the people who control as much as 80% of the world's wealth are conspiring to steal money from the poor who control less than 1% of the world's wealth? Why would they waste their time?

Let me clear this up for you:

There is no conspiracy.

Poor people get welfare money that they freely give to Wal Mart, McDonald's, Starbucks, Amazon, and etc.

The give away their wealth partly because people like yourself have convinced them that it's some sort of moral atrocity for them to work hard, save and invest their money, and then get themselves out of poverty.

I grew up poor, had some decent principles and morals beat into me at an early age, I saved, invested, and now I'm in the top 10% of Americans for net worth.

And here's the list of reasons why poor people can't do what we did:

$1:

You seem to think that being poor is some kind of moral failing. It isn't. Most of it is blind luck. Those orphans and waifs we saw running around in Africa and Middle East never made any bad decisions. They were just born into war and poverty. We flew home at the end of it to the middle-class lives we grew up in. We won the lottery just by virtue of being born where we were. I'm sure you're hard-working and you clawed your way the best way you knew how, but you could have been just as resourceful and diligent and been dirt poor born into other circumstances.

There's no conspiracy by the super-wealthy and the transnational corporations. They are just doing all they know how to do: accumulate more wealth and more power. You think buddy at Amazon ever goes "You know, I've got one of the biggest companies in the world, and I could spend a million bucks a day for the rest of my life and not even make a dent in my capital, so maybe my company doesn't need to be any bigger." No they just want more power, more wealth. While we shell out our taxes, they're finding tax shelters, paying lobbyists to game the system, so they can give less and less, and take more and more. It's well documented in studies showing increased wealth inequality, and increased monopolization by just a few companies globally. These companies answer to no state, and the politicians--whatever stripe--are all bought and paid for and they keep on doing what they're doing--which is cannibalize the very system that created them--whether it's Hilary or Donald.

my opinion anyways.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Trump once again proves himself to be staggering buffoon and a liar after the fucking moron mistakenly cals one of his own press briefings “fake news”

$1:
Trump Slams Media For Concocting Official Who Actually Ran His White House Briefing

Trump called a member of his National Security Council fake news

President Donald Trump attacked The New York Times in a tweet Saturday, claiming the paper made up a “senior White House official” for its story about the canceled North Korea summit. The official, a member of Trump’s National Security Council, actually does exist and led a briefing at the White House on Thursday for reporters.

The White House even provided its own transcript of the briefing that Trump essentially dismissed as fake news.

As is often the case on such background briefings, the official asked not to be identified by name and instead be referred to as a “senior White House official,” according to several witnesses who saw the briefing in person or listened to it over the phone.

But, after his own official provided the briefing, Trump complained that the Times story referred to a White House official “who doesn’t exist.”

“Use real people, not phony sources,” he wrote.

Several news outlets responding to Trump’s tweet named the official and some even posted audio of the briefing he provided. Trump did not correct his tweet, nor apologize. The tweet was still live Saturday night....

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/trump ... b2aa54344a

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Trump's psychotic breaks are getting worse, almost as bad as those who support him. Next thing he'll be claiming there was no collusion with Russia or that he's not a sexual offender/predator.....oh wait. :lol:

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Mon May 28, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:30 am

Trump Roundtable on Illegal Immigration

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:30 am

Hey, they elected the Narcissist, he's just doing what he was elected to do.

#MAGA

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:38 am

That part about soldiers going to war to protect freedom and destroy tyranny was getting kind of trite anyway. Probably needed some kind of a long overdue update to reflect the importance of those from the lower and middle classes going off to fight for the safety of hedge funds, insider trading, tax cuts for the uber-wealthy, and all that Jeebus-ordained stuff.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 am

Cadet Bonespur has no business discussing the sacrifice made by those men and women. He isn't fit to lick shit from the bottom of their shoes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:03 am

Let's just hope the lure of the golf course is too strong for him to resist and he stays far away from sacred hallowed grounds such as Arlington.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:27 am

Oh well. Just another Monday in MAGA hell. At least the previous guy still has a lot more class, more than the entire current admin of greasy grifters (exception: Mattis) has put together.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14510 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 367  368  369  370  371  372  373 ... 968  Next