Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Bet the CKA MAGAs will find this one to be hilarious:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/c ... spartandhp

$1:
A Canadian army captain who fought alongside American troops in Afghanistan, and who is married to a former officer in the US air force, has been deported as Donald Trump’s zero tolerance immigration policies continue to break apart military families.

Demetry Furman, 47, says he held a top-level security clearance with US forces during his service in the Middle East and worked with them on several successful anti-drugs operations that prevented millions of dollars of heroin coming to the West.

But in a twist of irony he says it was a long-spent 1992 marijuana conviction that led to his being dumped by agents from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (Ice) at the Canadian border on Tuesday – after he spent 77 days in a maximum security jail in Ohio labelled as a drugs trafficker.

“I feel betrayed. It’s a slap in the face because when I was in Afghanistan no-one cared what flag was on my shoulder,” Furman said. “I’m labelled a drug trafficker by them right now, but when I was in Afghanistan and guarding poppy fields, I was stopping opium convoys through Pakistan to China to be made into heroin and shipped to the US.”

The conviction, which at the time resulted in an $80 fine and 28 days’ community service, came after a passenger in the car he was driving attempted to sell one ounce of marijuana to an undercover policeman. Canadian authorities later vacated the conviction and Furman says he was told by US immigration officials as recently as 2016 that it was no barrier to his application for a green card after he married his wife Cynthia in 2014. They couple had met when they served together in Ohio three years earlier.

But under the Trump administration’s zero tolerance immigration policies, what appeared to be a minor blip on his record has taken on greater significance. Ice agents have widened their scope for deportations, and even military families with clean criminal records have been affected. In August, the wife of a decorated US marine and their nine-year-old daughter were deported to Mexico after years of being told they were not a priority.

Under the Trump regime the word or promises of any American are absolutely worthless now. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:55 pm

She should just move to Canada. Get out of the the third world shit hole to the south.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 am

$1:
Ford Motor Co. is escalating its criticism of the Trump administration’s metals tariffs that the company has already said took a US$1 billion bite out of profit.

“U.S. steel costs are more than anywhere else in the world,” Joe Hinrichs, Ford’s president of global operations, said Monday at an event marking the start of Ranger pickup production at a factory west of Detroit. He added that Ford is talking to the administration about the tariffs. “We tell them that we need to have competitive costs in our market in order to compete around the world.”

Trump's tariffs have made U.S. steel the most expensive in the world, Ford says

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:24 am

Thanos Thanos:
Bet the CKA MAGAs will find this one to be hilarious:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/c ... spartandhp

$1:
A Canadian army captain who fought alongside American troops in Afghanistan, and who is married to a former officer in the US air force, has been deported as Donald Trump’s zero tolerance immigration policies continue to break apart military families.

Demetry Furman, 47, says he held a top-level security clearance with US forces during his service in the Middle East and worked with them on several successful anti-drugs operations that prevented millions of dollars of heroin coming to the West.

But in a twist of irony he says it was a long-spent 1992 marijuana conviction that led to his being dumped by agents from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (Ice) at the Canadian border on Tuesday – after he spent 77 days in a maximum security jail in Ohio labelled as a drugs trafficker.

“I feel betrayed. It’s a slap in the face because when I was in Afghanistan no-one cared what flag was on my shoulder,” Furman said. “I’m labelled a drug trafficker by them right now, but when I was in Afghanistan and guarding poppy fields, I was stopping opium convoys through Pakistan to China to be made into heroin and shipped to the US.”

The conviction, which at the time resulted in an $80 fine and 28 days’ community service, came after a passenger in the car he was driving attempted to sell one ounce of marijuana to an undercover policeman. Canadian authorities later vacated the conviction and Furman says he was told by US immigration officials as recently as 2016 that it was no barrier to his application for a green card after he married his wife Cynthia in 2014. They couple had met when they served together in Ohio three years earlier.

But under the Trump administration’s zero tolerance immigration policies, what appeared to be a minor blip on his record has taken on greater significance. Ice agents have widened their scope for deportations, and even military families with clean criminal records have been affected. In August, the wife of a decorated US marine and their nine-year-old daughter were deported to Mexico after years of being told they were not a priority.

Under the Trump regime the word or promises of any American are absolutely worthless now. :|

Shameful.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 am

^^^

That's what happens with an absolutist mindset. Even the good people suffer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:11 am

Just proof the northern border is being violated by criminal foreigners too!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Barack Hussein Obama Barack Hussein Obama:
We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented and unchecked

R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Tricks Tricks:
She should just move to Canada. Get out of the the third world shit hole to the south.

^^^this^^^

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Barack Hussein Obama Barack Hussein Obama:
We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented and unchecked

R=UP

Are you saying Furman 'poured' into the US and he was undetected, had no documents and was unchecked??? Really???

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:36 pm

I do suspect that if this gets any traction we will shortly learn that his fourth grade teacher had to call his mother because he pulled Sally's pigtails and that when he was 14 a lifeguard made him sit on the side of the pool because he did a forbidden cannonball

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:09 am

Wasn't Furman an ally, even going so far as to assist US authorities. Great way to say "thanks". I'm looking forward to when the states deports all the translators from Iraq and Afghanistan, back to Iraq and Afghanistan (and by extension, to their deaths).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:40 am

Suspicious devices found at ....

Clintons house

Obama's DC house

White House

and

CNN.

Miraculously, none of them exploded.

Obviously, Trump sent a bomb to himself, because only the Orange Man could do this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:44 am

Were any of them a large, floating colon?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:50 am

martin14 martin14:
Suspicious devices found at ....

Clintons house

Obama's DC house

White House

and

CNN.

Miraculously, none of them exploded.

Obviously, Trump sent a bomb to himself, because only the Orange Man could do this.

Red Herring? I'd do it just to throw the trail off of me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14504 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 464  465  466  467  468  469  470 ... 967  Next