canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:25 am

They weren't screaming to impeach him. The ones who actually bothered prior to the 2016 election to pay attention to the real history of Donald Trump were merely predicting that he'd be impeached eventually. And that's simply because a career criminal, one who has always been insanely proud of the rip-offs he's committed, won't change his behaviour of a lifetime. Not when it's enriched him and especially not when he gets elected to be POTUS. The office didn't mature the man, the man has degraded the office into a grifter's brothel.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 am

^^^

I openly admit I never liked the man. But I knew a tiger could not change its' spots. I knew he would bring disrepute to an office that needed another good person to occupy it.

When we found out about Trump using Russia to give him a political advantage, I knew he'd be impeached. And he should be.

Let me ask you a question Stratos. Why is a requirement of holding the office of POTUS that the person be born in the USA? Because your founding fathers were aware that foreign influences would seek to undermine the political process of the USA.

So when Trump, who has business dealings at the time, and is well mixed up with Russian oligarchs in his New York business dealings, leans on the Russian leader for help in an election - is that not a direct violation of the intentions of the founding fathers?

What if he asks a different country, like China or Ukraine to give the appearance of an investigation into his rivals in order to give his re-election bid a bit of ammo? Isn't that also foreign interference? And recall, we have Trump on video asking for exactly that.

The reason this has been going on for so long is that it isn't easy to impeach a sitting president. There have to be investigations. There have to be evidence given, and witnesses called. You can't be sloppy about this. And recall, every investigation into Trump has turned up all sorts of illegality, many people have gone to jail, and many more are heading there.

These weren't wild goose chases. And if they seem to be too many, then it's Trump who has been doing too many shady things. Recall, the Clinton's dealings were open secrets in Washington. Its not like Trumps' misdealings has come from nowhere.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Thanos Thanos:
They weren't screaming to impeach him. The ones who actually bothered prior to the 2016 election to pay attention to the real history of Donald Trump were merely predicting that he'd be impeached eventually. And that's simply because a career criminal, one who has always been insanely proud of the rip-offs he's committed, won't change his behaviour of a lifetime. Not when it's enriched him and especially not when he gets elected to be POTUS. The office didn't mature the man, the man has degraded the office into a grifter's brothel.

Yes they were and here is Sen. Watters admitting it.

https://www.essence.com/feature/maxine- ... interview/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:43 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^^

I openly admit I never liked the man. But I knew a tiger could not change its' spots. I knew he would bring disrepute to an office that needed another good person to occupy it.

When we found out about Trump using Russia to give him a political advantage, I knew he'd be impeached. And he should be.

Let me ask you a question Stratos. Why is a requirement of holding the office of POTUS that the person be born in the USA? Because your founding fathers were aware that foreign influences would seek to undermine the political process of the USA.

So when Trump, who has business dealings at the time, and is well mixed up with Russian oligarchs in his New York business dealings, leans on the Russian leader for help in an election - is that not a direct violation of the intentions of the founding fathers?

What if he asks a different country, like China or Ukraine to give the appearance of an investigation into his rivals in order to give his re-election bid a bit of ammo? Isn't that also foreign interference? And recall, we have Trump on video asking for exactly that.

The reason this has been going on for so long is that it isn't easy to impeach a sitting president. There have to be investigations. There have to be evidence given, and witnesses called. You can't be sloppy about this. And recall, every investigation into Trump has turned up all sorts of illegality, many people have gone to jail, and many more are heading there.

These weren't wild goose chases. And if they seem to be too many, then it's Trump who has been doing too many shady things. Recall, the Clinton's dealings were open secrets in Washington. Its not like Trumps' misdealings has come from nowhere.

Tigers have stripes. Leopards have spots. :P

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:02 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^^

Six of one, a dozen of the other.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:25 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
^^^

Six of one, a dozen of the other.

Trump is really a cheetah anyway. He cheetah on his wives, he cheetah on his taxes, he cheetah his customers and businesses partners....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:31 am

:lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:43 am

Thanos Thanos:

R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:22 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
When we found out about Trump using Russia to give him a political advantage

The Mueller report cleared him of this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:35 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
When we found out about Trump using Russia to give him a political advantage

The Mueller report cleared him of this.

No, it didn't.

$1:
The investigation found there were over 100 contacts between Trump campaign advisors and individuals affiliated with the Russian government, before and after the election, but the evidence was insufficient to show an illegal conspiracy.[82] The New York Times estimated as many as 140 contacts between "Mr. Trump and his associates and Russian nationals and WikiLeaks or their intermediaries" in the report.[83]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_R ... ordination

Insufficient evidence to prove conspiracy means there was evidence. Just ask Roger Stone.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:29 pm

We do not convict people when there is insufficient evidence to convict them. We call that 'clearing' them of the allegation.

See, there's insufficient evidence that you're colluding with Taiwan to spike the price of mangoes in Halifax so you should not be convicted of it.

Or are we going with a new standard where I can accuse you of whatever the fuck I want and just because there's 'insufficient evidence' I can still smear you with the accusation for the rest of your life?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:49 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
We do not convict people when there is insufficient evidence to convict them. We call that 'clearing' them of the allegation.

See, there's insufficient evidence that you're colluding with Taiwan to spike the price of mangoes in Halifax so you should not be convicted of it.

Or are we going with a new standard where I can accuse you of whatever the fuck I want and just because there's 'insufficient evidence' I can still smear you with the accusation for the rest of your life?

Like I wrote, insufficient evidence is not the same as no evidence. There is no evidence I have anything to do with Taiwan. That is not the same thing as insufficient evidence I just ate a chocolate chip cookie. There are crumbs, but nothing a court would convict me on.

The difference between 'clearing' and 'convicting' is just semantics. Muller didn't have enough evidence to convict, but the hundreds of meetings the Trump team had with officials of the Russian Government certainly is proof of something. Certainly enough to put Roger Stone in jail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Absolutely SHOCKING that for the second time in 20 years a (Republican) American president goes to bat for the Saudis after their citizens commit terrorist murder in US:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspoli ... spartandhp

$1:
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — When a Saudi Air Force officer opened fire on his classmates at a naval base in Pensacola, Fla., on Friday, he killed three, wounded eight and exposed anew the strange dynamic between President Trump and the Saudi leadership: The president’s first instinct was to tamp down any suggestion that the Saudi government needed to be held to account.

Hours later, Mr. Trump announced on Twitter that he had received a condolence call from King Salman of Saudi Arabia, who clearly sought to ensure that the episode did not further fracture their relationship. On Saturday, leaving the White House for a trip here for a Republican fund-raiser and a speech on Israeli-American relations, Mr. Trump told reporters that “they are devastated in Saudi Arabia,” noting that “the king will be involved in taking care of families and loved ones.” He never used the word “terrorism.”

What was missing was any assurance that the Saudis would aid in the investigation, help identify the suspect’s motives, or answer the many questions about the vetting process for a coveted slot at one of the country’s premier schools for training allied officers. Or, more broadly, why the United States continues to train members of the Saudi military even as that same military faces credible accusations of repeated human rights abuses in Yemen, including the dropping of munitions that maximize civilian casualties.

“The attack is a disaster for an already deeply strained relationship,” Bruce Riedel, a scholar at the Brookings Institution and a former C.I.A. officer who has dealt with generations of Saudi leaders, said on Saturday. It “focuses attention on Americans training Saudi Air Force officers who are engaged in numerous bombings of innocents in Yemen, which is the worst humanitarian catastrophe in the world,” he said, noting that the Trump administration had long been fighting Congress as it seeks to end American support for that war.

But even stranger, said Mr. Riedel, was “the president’s parroting of the Saudi line” before learning the results of an investigation into whether the gunman acted alone, or had allegiances to Al Qaeda or terrorist groups.

For the White House, the calculus is simple: Saudi Arabia is not only critical to world oil supplies — though no longer critical to the United States’ — it is the only regional power able to counter Iran. The result, former members of the Trump administration say, has been a dismissal of any critiques that could weaken that bond.

Mr. Trump was so quick and so eager to assure the Saudis that the relationship would continue before anyone knew how to categorize the shooting that it raised questions about how the administration would have responded if the suspect had been an Iranian, or an immigrant from Mexico. During the 2016 presidential campaign, Mr. Trump often cited the killing of a young woman in California by an undocumented immigrant as a reason to crack down on immigration and build a wall along the southern border.

“Had an attack been carried out by any country on his Muslim ban, his reaction would have been very different,” said Aaron David Miller, a long-time Middle East negotiator and now a senior fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

“But when it comes to Saudi, the default position is to defend,” he said, “Driven by oil, money, weapons sales, a good deal of Saudi feting and flattery, Trump has created a virtually impenetrable zone of immunity for Saudi Arabia.”

Shorter version - let him build one of his shit hotels in your country, no matter how loathsome you are, and he'll be your pal for life. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 am

$1:
'No political bias' in FBI probe of Trump campaign

A US watchdog has found no evidence of political bias when the FBI launched a probe into the 2016 Trump campaign, despite "serious performance failures".

The US Department of Justice inspector general's report concluded the law enforcement bureau had "authorised purpose" to initiate the inquiry.

But the report also found applications to spy on a Trump aide had "significant inaccuracies and omissions".

The 476-page report provides fodder for Trump critics and supporters alike.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz first announced the Department of Justice investigation in March last year.

Since then, he has reviewed more than one million records and conducted more than 100 interviews.

The FBI launched its inquiry in 2016 to look for any collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government before the US presidential election.

The watchdog's report sought to assess the basis for the FBI's surveillance of Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser who had lived and worked in Russia.

Mr Horowitz's report found the FBI's use of confidential informants was in compliance with agency rules.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50720345

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:37 pm

$1:
U.S. brings World Trade Organization's top court to brink of collapse

The fate of the World Trade Organization's (WTO) top court was effectively sealed Monday after the United States said it would not back a proposal to allow it to continue, trade officials said.

The Trump administration has been blocking appointments to the WTO's seven-member Appellate Body that rules on trade disputes for over two years, with U.S. officials saying the court had gone beyond its remit.

The Appellate Body needs a minimum of three judges to function, but the terms of two of the three remaining members of the appeals panel expire on Tuesday, and there are no replacements in sight because of the U.S. blocking strategy.

Another attempt was made Monday to reach a consensus on laying down arrangements for filling the vacancies, as well as obliging the appeals panel to issue rulings within 90 days.

But the U.S. ambassador to the WTO, Dennis Shea, said other members had not addressed Washington's concerns about what he called the court's "overreach" and "disregard" of WTO rules.

. . .

João Aguiar Machado, the European Union's ambassador, put the blame squarely on Washington.

"In two days from now, we will have an unprecedented situation in the World Trade Organization, which will no longer be able to deliver binding resolution of trade disputes and will no longer guarantee the right to appeal review," Machado said.

"The actions of one member will deprive other members of their right to a binding and two-step dispute settlement system, even though this right is specifically envisaged in the WTO contract," he said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-se ... -1.5389276

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14471 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 618  619  620  621  622  623  624 ... 965  Next