bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:00 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
Come to think of it, who was crying the loudest when Trudeau tried to strong arm his Attorney General for a favourable outcome in a criminal trial. Hmmmm. [huh]

Don't forget "looking into" that one native shooting.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:34 pm

My, my, but some people do love their false equivalencies.

Jody Wilson-Raybould was a Trudeau hire.

Here's the story on the Vindmans and others:

Quote:
This is where they planted the moles. This is where they planted the moles all over the NSC. The Vindman twins, Fiona Hill, the whistleblower, Abigail Grace (who left the NSC shortly after the Trump phone call). She went to work for Schiff. So did Sean Misko. Every one of these people is an Obama holdover. I remember asking, “Why in the hell are they still there? Why didn’t Trump clean house and reduce this number back down to 75 to a hundred people who are working for him?” I don’t know the answer.

The previous administration created a den of moles in the national security council to subvert the incoming government. So hell yeah, fire them. Fire them all.

On the other hand poor Jody Wilson-Raybould. She got shafted.

There is no conflict between those two propositions.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:59 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
We can't speak of Levant, he is being censored. ;)

So are you! ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
Robair wrote:

That's one theory.

Medal of Freedom winner Rush Limbaugh has a different one:

"Rush said:

“So Trump comes along finally and fires Vindman and fires Vindman’s brother and fires all these people — Gordon Sondland, all these people — that participated in the coup, which is what it was. And so here comes the conformist reaction, “Oh, this is horrible. Donald Trump should not be able to retaliate this way.

“This is absolutely reprehensible. This is so beneath… We can’t have whistleblowers anymore if there’s going to be retaliation!” So the conformist view is whenever there is criticism of a Republican president, it’s legit. We gotta sit there. We gotta deal with it. We gotta take it — and even when it’s shown to be bogus and filled with lies, we can’t have retribution or reciprocity and deal with the person who got the ball rolling.

Well, sorry. Not in my world.

I’m gonna tell you what I think. Have you heard in this whole story that Obama expanded the National Security Council staff to over 230 people? You know what the National Security Council staff is? That’s a personal staff to the president. They are in the White House complex. They are in the West Wing and the Old Executive Office Building complex, and they are direct employees of the president. George W. Bush ran the Iraq war and the War on Terror with a hundred members on that council.

Obama expands it and blows it up to 230 with people like the Vindmans and people like Sean Misko, who ends up going to work for Pencil Neck Schiff. And then you remember how Obama multiplied the number of federal agencies who had access to classified data? I think what this actually was… I think as Obama was leaving office, he expanded the National Security Council staff and then enlarged the number of agencies that had access to whatever classified data they did. He planted moles.

This is where they planted the moles. This is where they planted the moles all over the NSC. The Vindman twins, Fiona Hill, the whistleblower, Abigail Grace (who left the NSC shortly after the Trump phone call). She went to work for Schiff. So did Sean Misko. Every one of these people is an Obama holdover. I remember asking, “Why in the hell are they still there? Why didn’t Trump clean house and reduce this number back down to 75 to a hundred people who are working for him?” I don’t know the answer.

But my guess would be that he had people advising him not to do it.

“It’s very important! It was something good that Obama did, Mr. President, so we might take advantage of it.” But I think that’s where all of this came from. I think it’s where the Trump-Russia collusion and all of this came from, the FBI and that element of it, too. But the inside Trump administration moles, the turncoats, whatever you want to call ’em. They are Obama appointees that had jobs expanded as Obama was leaving office for the express purpose of protecting Obama’s achievements and sabotaging whoever was to come next — in this case, Trump."

https://newsthud.com/rush-limbaugh-accu ... age-trump/

I actually think pill-poppin Rush might more accurately be called “Medal of Freedom loser” :P

But yeah Rush, you can’t have retaliation. Like literally you can’t retaliate against whistleblowers We know that’s not part of your world where there’s no such thing as right and wrong and vindictive strongmen persecute their real or perceived enemies with impunity but that’s not how it works in democracies.

Oh and fact check Einstein: Vindman was appointed to the NSC in July 2018, not under Obama. He was assigned to Ukraine and Russia beginning in 2008 under Bush Jr.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:01 am

Are you talking to me, or to Rush? [huh]

Because if you're talking to me, I'm wondering why you're so upset. I just offered a quote.

If you're talking to Rush, I think you might want to try reading what he actually said.

Here, try this bit:

Quote:
Obama expands it and blows it up to 230 with people like the Vindmans and people like Sean Misko, who ends up going to work for Pencil Neck Schiff. And then you remember how Obama multiplied the number of federal agencies who had access to classified data? I think what this actually was… I think as Obama was leaving office, he expanded the National Security Council staff and then enlarged the number of agencies that had access to whatever classified data they did. He planted moles.

So after Obama more than doubles the staff at NSC what does it matter whose administration is in power when the Vindman's get planted there? Obama's people are already in charge of personnel. They're looking for friendly faces to fill and refill all the new spots that opened up as Obama left in 2017.

Unless you're telling me Trump personally put Vindman in the NSC. Is that what you're claiming? Give me a link. :wink:

See cause the way I heard it the NSC grabbed Vindman from the Joint Staff. The Joint Chiefs seem to be kind of a sister organization to the NSC. They constitute the second-highest deliberative body for military policy, after the National Security Council. Vindman served at the Joint Staff as a politico-military affairs officer. He was put there during the Obama years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 am

N_Fiddledog wrote:
Are you talking to me, or to Rush? [huh]

Because if you're talking to me, I'm wondering why you're so upset. I just offered a quote.

If you're talking to Rush, I think you might want to try reading what he actually said.

Here, try this bit:

Quote:

So after Obama more than doubles the staff at NSC what does it matter whose administration is in power when the Vindman's get planted there? Obama's people are already in charge of personnel. They're looking for friendly faces to fill and refill all the new spots that opened up as Obama left in 2017.

Unless you're telling me Trump personally put Vindman in the NSC. Is that what you're claiming? Give me a link. :wink:

See cause the way I heard it the NSC grabbed Vindman from the Joint Staff. The Joint Chiefs seem to be kind of a sister organization to the NSC. They constitute the second-highest deliberative body for military policy, after the National Security Council. Vindman served at the Joint Staff as a politico-military affairs officer. He was put there during the Obama years.

I wish you had a clue what you’re talking about. The NSC doesn’t appoint its own members. Trump is the chair of the NSC.
Quote:
The Trump Administration's National Security Council, as per the statute[17] and National Security Presidential Memorandum–4, is chaired by the President. Its members are the Vice President (statutory), the Secretary of State (statutory), the Secretary of Defense (statutory), the Secretary of Energy (statutory), the National Security Advisor (non-statutory), the Attorney General (non-statutory), the Secretary of Homeland Security (non-statutory), the Representative of the United States to the United Nations (non-statutory), and the Secretary of the Treasury (non-statutory).[18][17]

As usual you go to conspiracy theory to try and explain away the obvious. A fuys testified under oath about what he witnessed and you don’t like it.

I mean are you saying he lied under oath? If so wiy not charge him witth perjury? But so far as I can tell you’re not actually saying that so what are you saying he actually did that was so wrong?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:20 am

Quote:

.., But their decision—calling for a lengthy prison sentence after a defendant had been convicted of lying to Congress, threatening a witness and five other crimes—was neither rogue nor misconduct, according to legal experts and former federal prosecutors.

"Roger Stone committed multiple serious felonies and continued his obstruction even after he went to trial," said William Yeomans, a Justice Department veteran who served under five presidents from Jimmy Carter to George W. Bush. "Though high-end, the recommendation was within the federal sentencing guidelines, which means that it was presumptively reasonable."

... Federal prosecutors come up with sentence recommendations using a combination of mathematical calculations and aggravating factors, called "enhancements," that are detailed in a 600-page manual.

"I haven’t seen anything that would suggest that they are acting other than professionally, responsibly, and fairly," Gershman said. "They’re doing their jobs, and prosecutors essentially have total discretion to make these kinds of recommendations."

How prosecutors calculated Stone's recommended sentence

Stone was found guilty in November of lying to the House Intelligence Committee and obstructing its investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential election. The 67-year-old fixture in GOP politics was also found guilty of threatening a potential congressional witness.

Stone's convictions stem from his actions in 2016, when he tried to set up back-channel communications with WikiLeaks to push for the release of stolen emails that were damaging to then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Stone repeatedly lied to the House Intelligence Committee about his efforts, falsely denying that he had talked to the Trump campaign about them.

Prosecutors asked U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson to sentence Stone next week to seven to nine years in prison, arguing that his "lies to Congress and his obstructive conduct are a direct and brazen attack on the rule of law."

The sentencing manual outlines several aggravating factors, each of which results in a certain number of enhancements. The more enhancements, the longer the sentence.

In Stone's case, prosecutors considered several aggravating factors: threatening to harm someone, interfering with the administration of justice, engaging in a crime that spans years, and obstructing the prosecution.

Stone, in emails and text messages, threatened a potential congressional witness, prosecutors said. "Prepare to die (expletive)," Stone said in one text message. Prosecutors argued that because of Stone, the House Intelligence Committee never received important documents. They said Stone's crimes spanned years.

Finally, prosecutors argued that Stone's conduct after he was indicted in January 2019 amounted to obstruction. Stone posted an Instagram message of the presiding judge with a gun's crosshair next to her head. He repeatedly violated her order not to speak publicly about the case.

Those factors elevated the sentencing range to seven to nine years, according to the prosecutors' sentencing memorandum

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoda ... 4735847002

I think Fiddle and the other “Soft on (Republican) Crime” righties who want this CONVICTED CRIMINAL to escape punishment should pay special attention to the bolded parts above.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:39 am

BeaverFever wrote:
I wish you had a clue what you’re talking about. The NSC doesn’t appoint its own members. Trump is the chair of the NSC.
Quote:
The Trump Administration's National Security Council, as per the statute[17] and National Security Presidential Memorandum–4, is chaired by the President. [17]

And I wish you could understand the things you read. No wait...I take that back. It's more fun when you don't.

Your little, selective, Wiki, copy and paste job doesn't say Trump is the first, last and only president to run the National Security Council. In fact if you follow their reference link they'll tell you it's not specifically Trump. It's the President or more precisely the President's office.

As Obama was leaving office he more than doubled the staff of the NSC. So is it conspiracy or common sense to think he's leaving his people in charge of the bureaucracy - things like personnel? (I know you have problems understanding the difference there so I'll answer for you. It's common sense.)

As the year 2018 went on staff was reshuffled from different departments. Vindman, came from the sister organization of the NSC. He'd been put there during the Obama administration.

Vindman and Trump had a difference of opinion, even though they'd never actually met. The President runs foreign policy. Vindman seemed to think it would be better if he did. He disagreed with the Trump's policy of investigating corruption in the Ukraine. I imagine he shared that with Joe Biden's son and other democrats. :wink:

But Vindman had no actual evidence to put before the House inquiry. He had an opinion. There are proper channels to express that opinion. He didn't use them. Instead he went before a House inquiry and presented his opinion as evidence to have a President impeached. Good for you Vindman. Go home and talk to CNN on your TV. Tell it what a big jerk you think your new boss was before he fired you. Nobody who matters cares.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Quote:
But Vindman had no actual evidence to put before the House inquiry. He had an opinion. There are proper channels to express that opinion. He didn't use them. Instead he went before a House inquiry and presented his opinion as evidence to have a President impeached. Good for you Vindman. Go home and talk to CNN on your TV. Tell it what a big jerk you think your new boss was before he fired you. Nobody who matters cares.

He complied with a summons to appear, that bastard.

And lets say for arguments sake, that your BS rationale is right, and he was fired for that reason. Then why fire his twin brother who didn't even work on the NSC. but in the WH legal dept.? Hmm?

Could it be that Trump is a vindictive bully like everyone has been saying for decades?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:38 pm

xerxes wrote:
Quote:

And lets say for arguments sake, that your BS rationale is right, and he was fired for that reason. Then why fire his twin brother who didn't even work on the NSC. but in the WH legal dept.? Hmm?

Could it be that Trump is a vindictive bully like everyone with stage 4 TDS has been saying for decades?

Fixed for accuracy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:53 pm

xerxes wrote:

And only had an opinion to offer as evidence. Apparently he shared the idea with Shifty Shift that was as good as fact. And Shifty somehow got wind of Vindman's opinions. So Vindman was summoned. Ultimately, he wanted to grand stand his opinions and present them as fact to get rid of his boss. Nice try Vindman. You're fired.

Quote:

Drain the swamp.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:59 pm

But I'm tired of alligator tears for that traitor, Vindman. Let's move on.

Quote:
One of the jurors who voted to convict the Trump confidante, Tomeka Hart, was recently discovered to have run for Congress as a Democrat. Hart also frequently posted anti-Trump stories and wrote a Facebook post Tuesday in support of the four prosecutors who withdrew after a revision in Stone’

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/13/cnn- ... meka-hart/

And she wasn't just another juror. They made her the jury foreman.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Quote:
Meanwhile, it emerged Wednesday that U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson had denied a defense request to strike a potential juror who was an Obama-era press official with admitted anti-Trump views -- and whose husband worked at the same DOJ division that handled the probe leading to Stone's arrest.

And, another Stone juror, Seth Cousins, donated to former Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke and other progressive causes, federal election records reviewed by Fox News show.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/grisham-b ... -excessive

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:20 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
I think Fiddle and the other “Soft on (Republican) Crime” righties who want this CONVICTED CRIMINAL to escape punishment should pay special attention to the bolded parts above.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:57 pm

N_Fiddledog wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:

Did they? I don’t recall any of them being tried and convicted by a jury unlike your criminal hero. Maybe in conservative fantasy land where Hillary was the 20th hijacker on 9-11 or something. Can you send me the link please?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9760 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 643  644  645  646  647  648  649 ... 651  Next