canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 am

Title: Turkish fans boo, chant 'Allahu Akbar' during moment of silence for France
Category: World
Posted By: BartSimpson
Date: 2015-11-18 08:21:22
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:23 am

Turkish Muslims keeping it classy as usual.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:34 am

They should tell us what they really think. :)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:36 am

It`s one of those enemy of my enemy of my enemy of my allies`sisters husband`s cousin type of things. It gets pretty confusing in that part of the world.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:01 am

This might not be what it seems.

Moments of silence aren't really a thing in Turkey. Some parts of the stadium were chanting the phrase "Şehitler Ölmez, Vatan Bölünmez, "which means something like "Martyrs don't die, this nation won't be separated." I.E., the terrorists won't win.

Other parts of the stadium were chanting "God is Great," and I'm not exactly opposed to the crowd praying.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Delwin wrote:
It`s one of those enemy of my enemy of my enemy of my allies`sisters husband`s cousin type of things. It gets pretty confusing in that part of the world.

Really? Because Andy and Beave tell us it's simple.

They say you get persecuted then you go pro-ISIS. I'm not sure who Turkish soccer fans are supposed to be oppressed by though.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Well it could be what DanSc said, Allahu Akbar obviously means different things depending where it is said or it could have to do with opposing a side that oposses the Kurds, supporting a side that supports the Kurds or just outright supporting the Kurds. Impossible to tell without more info.

Remember that they just had their largest terror attack in history not a month ago where 90 were killed at a Kurdish demonstration and I don't rememberv anyone giving a shit , so there's that too.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:04 pm

gee, can anyone thing of why Muslims might not show a lot of sympathy for France?

couldn't be anything to do with uncritical national support for a certain racist newspaper, could it? nah....

ps. Allahu Akbar means "god is great", no matter what the context.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:40 pm

romanP wrote:
gee, can anyone thing of why Muslims might not show a lot of sympathy for France?

couldn't be anything to do with uncritical national support for a certain racist newspaper, could it? nah....

You are the biggest shit-stain n this site. Do everyone a favour and just move to some shitty muslim country where you wouldn't have to deal with the evil racist west.

**Mod edit**

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:25 pm

The moment of silence should have included those who died in Turkey on Oct.10.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Delwin wrote:
The moment of silence should have included those who died in Turkey on Oct.10.

That's the Ankara bombing you're talking about, right?

Wasn't one of those bombers ISIS? In fact wasn't he the brother of another ISIS suicide bomber who'd bombed Turkey previously?

So if that's correct it would mean the Turkish soccer fans weren't going to respect the victims of a terrorist attack in Paris, because they'd been the victims of attacks by the same organization that attacked France and that caused them to whistle and chant and in general act like asshats, because...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:13 pm

No its just disrespect to pay homage to the dead Parisians and ignore the dead Turks at a Turkish soccer game when the wounds are still fresh.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Oh I see. So these soccer fans were whistling and chanting during the moment of silence because somebody somewhere ignored the bombings of the Kurdish peace rally.

That was mostly kurds and communists at that rally wasn't it? I say that after reading this, concerning a rally where they did mourn the Ankara bombing:

Quote:
Thousands of people have attended a rally in Ankara under heavy security to remember the scores of people killed in twin bombings in the Turkish capital.

The demonstrators on Sunday filled Sihhiye Square in central Ankara, close to the site of Saturday's blasts outside the city's train station, with some shouting anti-government slogans.

The rally was called by labour unions, leftist groups, NGOs and the pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) - the same groups that had called the peace rally targeted in Saturday's attack, which left at least 97 people dead and 246 injured

So what was the problem? Were Turkish soccer fans not allowed to attend that rally? Is that why they felt the need to mock France's tragedy?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Here's my theory.

They kind of thought it was cool that ISIS murdered a bunch of Infidels. So in this case 'Allahu Akbar' meant 'Woo hoo! [B-o] '

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 pm

2Cdo wrote:
romanP wrote:

You are the biggest shit-stain n this site. Do everyone a favour and just move to some shitty muslim country where you wouldn't have to deal with the evil racist west.

Or just save time and fucking kill yourself.

struck a nerve, have i? here you go: