bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:40 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
andyt andyt:
bemoaning the loss of dukes of hazard shows how silly the keep the flag side is. 'A true loss of American culture.

As opposed to going completely off the rails because some asswipe shot up a church?

You're saying one is the same as the other? Holy moral equivalency.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
left: "Burn the Confederate flag!"
right: "Yeah, what about the American flag, dipshits?"
left: "Slow down, I can only get so erect."

really getting confused at how something like this can see such swift action when basically nothing does nowadays.

i'm a left-wing asshole but i can't stand seeing people/companies trying to earn social justice points by latching onto weak bullshit like this. soooo good at showing your anti-racism guise. :roll:

The Left has no political clout to go after the real issue gun control so instead they focused on an issue and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, it's about political optics.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:57 pm

When they ban the Swastika then they can ban Lee's Battle flag but, until that happens both are protected by the First Amendment whether anyone likes it or not.

So, having a flag co-opted by a murderous little thug and a bunch of mentally deficient moronic assholes doesn't give anyone the right to trample on anyone else's First Amendment rights in the name of political correctness.

BTW Robert E Lee who's Battle Flag has caused such controversy freed his slaves in 1862.

http://www.nps.gov/arho/learn/historycu ... lavery.htm

When did that paragon of virtue and fair play, William T. Sherman free his slaves?

http://m.snopes.com/2015/06/30/confeder ... ownership/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:13 pm

So who exactly is doing all this banning and trampling on 1sT amendment rights? Just another right wing wank fest. All I've seen is legislatures pulling it down from their grounds, as they should have long ago, and some private concerns cancelling shows and such. Haven't seen and jackbooted government thugs smashing down doors to enforce the new ban on the flag. But don't let that stop y'all from getting all purple in the face. It makes you look kinda psychedelic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:17 pm

But it hasn't been banned. It's barely been removed from some government-managed properties and a handful of retailers have (temporarily) decided they aren't going to sell products that have the flag on it. There's no anti-Dixie flag fascism going on at all, no matter how much some people keep saying that there is. There's probably thousands and thousands of other smaller retailers out there that will keep selling the flag and flag-paraphernalia as well as thousands more online doing the same thing, and the government isn't interfering in those transactions at all. You'd have a vastly more difficult time right now finding gasoline for less than $1.10 per litre than you would if you went looking to buy a confederate flag in the city you live in or over the internet. Hell, I have one somewhere in my storage locker with the rest of my junk. Give me your home address, your phone numbers, your SIN, and all your credit card information and I'll have it in the mail to you by noon on Monday. :twisted:

Repeat after me: there is no jack-booted government censorship going on here at all. Anyone saying that there is has merely gotten stuck in the perpetual angry conservative fever dream that the modern American right-wing is wallowing in.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:00 am

andyt andyt:
andyt andyt:
bemoaning the loss of dukes of hazard shows how silly the keep the flag side is. 'A true loss of American culture.

As opposed to going completely off the rails because some asswipe shot up a church?

Well the dude that did the killing was obviously mentally ill so it couldn't possibly have had anything to do with racism.

Oh wait, I forgot, that leftist bullshit excuse doesn't apply to Whitey because Whitey is the only one capable of conscience acts of violence.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:49 am

andyt andyt:

Well the dude that did the killing was obviously mentally ill so it couldn't possibly have had anything to do with racism.

Oh wait, I forgot, that leftist bullshit excuse doesn't apply to Whitey because Whitey is the only one capable of conscience acts of violence.

What this has to do with you drawing an equivalency between the fuss about the dukes of hazard being cancelled and reaction to the church shooting I don't get.

So you've diagnosed this guy? I haven't read anything about him being mentally ill. But, just as you can be mentally ill and a jihadi, you can be mentally ill and a racist. In fact both seem to me to be forms of mental illness all on their own, at least when taken to the point of killing people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:25 pm

andyt andyt:
So who exactly is doing all this banning and trampling on 1sT amendment rights? Just another right wing wank fest. All I've seen is legislatures pulling it down from their grounds, as they should have long ago, and some private concerns cancelling shows and such. Haven't seen and jackbooted government thugs smashing down doors to enforce the new ban on the flag. But don't let that stop y'all from getting all purple in the face. It makes you look kinda psychedelic.

It's quite apparent that your reading skills are deteriorating to the point of incomprehension, well either that or you're having another of your acid flashbacks since you think my face is purple. :P

I never said that anyone had banned sweet fuck all but you of course assumed that I did which just goes to prove my point.

But for the record it's won't be long before you bleeding heart, social activists start calling for Lee's Battle Flag to be legally banned and here are some that are leading the charge.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/livingston ... flag-ban-0

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/29375771/gr ... lic-places

and for the record one person has already had his First amendment rights trampled on by your ilk.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/24028 ... erate-flag

But on the plus side now that the policy of banning symbols is out in the open it isn't gonna stop with Lee's Battle Flag. ROTFL

$1:
Just days after online retailer Amazon announced a ban on Confederate flags, a major Jewish group called on the retail giant to reconsider its policy on selling Hamas and Nazi SS banners on the site.

“If this is a decision that they made out of their concerns about what the symbol itself stands for and what it has inspired, then I think they’re gonna have to revisit they’re overall policy on other issues,” Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC) associate dean, Rabbi Abraham Cooper told The Algemeiner on Friday. “like the swastika, the Celtic cross, which is used by many white supremacists and Nazis… the Hamas flag, Hezbollah, and all the other terrorist groups on the State Department’s terrorist list.”

http://www.algemeiner.com/2015/06/26/af ... -emblems/#

So just who gets to decide which co opted symbols are acceptable or not because as far as I'm concerned if they ban one they have to ban them all?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:09 pm

So... would any of you be in favour of banning the hammer and sickle? PDT_Armataz_01_03

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:29 pm

Not a big fan of banning any history at all, so no. The Germans can do what they want with the swastika because they have a national moral obligation to keep that kind of thinking supressed. Ditto with the Southern state governments that have overplayed this 'Confederate pride' nonsense for far too long. But the Dixie flag getting taken off of government property or no longer being sold by certain retailers doesn't even count as a ban. It's just a showing that government and businesses will no longer support a divisive symbol. When they start taking away flags from private citizens then it can be called censorship. Until then though it's all just an exercise in hysterics.

I would note that in a certain way this is a generational thing, and it doesn't make millenials look good. This hurt feelings/microaggressions/trigger warnings crap they incessantly indulge in is truly pathetic. It's just a damn flag. If it makes someone shit themselves or start crying just at the sight of it then there's a serious problem with the person that reacts that way and much less with the flag in question. I don't think that Jews that survived the Holocaust and lived with a permanent right to react negatively at the sight of Nazi symbols ever acted in such a childish and pathetic way to negative stimuli the way that these brattish millennial leftists in the United States are over-reacting to practically everything they encounter.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
So... would any of you be in favour of banning the hammer and sickle? PDT_Armataz_01_03

No. When you ban something, you artificially increase its worth. People want what they can't have, its human nature. The fact that weed is illegal, drastically increases its worth. It creates huge profit margins for organized crime to exploit, just like prohibition did for booze. Does banning a symbol kill an ideology? I think not. You used to say you were a communist on this forum. If we banned the hammer and sickle, would you throw it all in and take a job as an investment banker on Wall street? I think not. People should be able to display whatever banner (however confrontational) they choose. Its free speech, and should be respected. This banning of the confederate flag and everything associated with it is ridiculous. The fact that the confederate battle flag still flies on ANY government property 150 years after the end of the war, is also ridiculous.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Ahh, agreed. Hurray for rationalism.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Truth!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 91.47 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]