Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:26 pm

Funny thing is, two of the biggest cheerleaders for a carbon tax in Alberta were those diehard Commie Marxists Preston Manning and Jack Mintz.

You know, the same Jack Mintz the United Conservatives cited in their platform to justify their corporate tax cuts.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:58 am

JaredMilne wrote:
Funny thing is, two of the biggest cheerleaders for a carbon tax in Alberta were those diehard Commie Marxists Preston Manning and Jack Mintz.

You know, the same Jack Mintz the United Conservatives cited in their platform to justify their corporate tax cuts.

Most Conservatives now deny that Preston was ever one of their kind, presumably because he is too progressive. Which is ironic, considering the Liberal plan to cast the Reform Party as racists, bigots and extreme right wingers is still largely successful.

Best Prime Minister we never had. :(

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 am

Reeee-fooooooorrrrm!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:35 am

DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:
It’s literally legalized theft. Now they want me to pay for my carbon footprint? Fuck off. I don’t drive, what carbon do I generate?

If you don't drive, then you don't pay carbon tax on gasoline. Those that do pay it.

Are you sure about that? Do you not eat? Those trucks that bring our food use diesel fuel that is carbon taxed. Plus all the carbon taxation along the entire food production chain. I don't drive either but I'm still paying carbon taxes on gasoline used to transport products to market. It may be indirectly but I'm still paying them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:45 am

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:
It’s literally legalized theft. Now they want me to pay for my carbon footprint? Fuck off. I don’t drive, what carbon do I generate?

If you don't drive, then you don't pay carbon tax on gasoline. Those that do pay it.

Are you sure about that? Do you not eat? Those trucks that bring our food use diesel fuel that is carbon taxed. Plus all the carbon taxation along the entire food production chain. I don't drive either but I'm still paying carbon taxes on gasoline used to transport products to market. It may be indirectly but I'm still paying them.

Are you though? Are you paying for the tires too? Insurance? Meal per-diem?

You were already paying for the fuel costs through the price of food. Nothing changed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
llama66 wrote:

The credit you’ve already begun receiving is more than the extra you will be paying.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:27 pm

WTF is this taxed to death shit? Who's taxed to death?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:31 am

People who think they shouldn't have to pay taxes, but still want the benefits those taxes pay for.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 am

DrCaleb wrote:
People who think they shouldn't have to pay taxes, but still want the benefits those taxes pay for.

Actually, I want a cabin in the deepest of woods, on an island; far from everyone.

That way the rest of you can tax each other and leave me the fuck alone.