CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:02 am

Classy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:38 am

$1:
Moore suffered broken ribs, a broken finger, a dislocated shoulder and scratches and bruises in the altercation.
And they were worried he might wander out in traffic? Why? Because he could have gotten hurt?

Hey man, don't jump off that cliff. Don't mind me as I break your legs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 am

I have a question... can the police beat you up for no other reason than you are verbally abusive? :?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 am

raydan raydan:
I have a question... can the police beat you up for no other reason than you are verbally abusive? :?

You could always experiment and get back to us on that? :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 am

Benn Benn:
raydan raydan:

You could always experiment and get back to us on that? :wink:

I think I did once.

They were doing road work near a metro station and I was picking someone up. I stopped and asked some policemen that were stopped in their cruiser how to get to the station and they blew me off big time.
I took a few steps towards my car and then turned and walked back to them. I told them that police and polite were not mutually exclusive and walked away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 am

raydan raydan:
I think I did once.

They were doing road work near a metro station and I was picking someone up. I stopped and asked some policemen that were stopped in their cruiser how to get to the station and they blew me off big time.
I took a few steps towards my car and then turned and walked back to them. I told them that police and polite were not mutually exclusive and walked away.

Oh, you're a bad boy alright.

Can police beat you up for being verbally abusive - of course they can. Not legally maybe, but that won't stop them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 am

andyt andyt:
Oh, you're a bad boy alright.

Can police beat you up for being verbally abusive - of course they can. Not legally maybe, but that won't stop them.

Exactly--as Joe Citizen you are doomed in any "our word against theirs" situation. Ubiquitous cameras and video have chnaged the game though. I think what needs to happen now is that these cops who either abuse or lie to cover up abuse need to be tossed from the force.

In Vancouver, there was a newspaper delivery guy who was shit-kicked by a couplke of drunbk off-duty police officers. One of them took his lumps, but the other still maintains he has every right in the world, as a police officer, to shitkick anyone any time he feels like it, drunk or not. I saw an intervioew with his superior officer the other day and that guy can't wait to get this yahoo back on the beat. Depressing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:

Exactly--as Joe Citizen you are doomed in any "our word against theirs" situation. Ubiquitous cameras and video have chnaged the game though. I think what needs to happen now is that these cops who either abuse or lie to cover up abuse need to be tossed from the force.

In Vancouver, there was a newspaper delivery guy who was shit-kicked by a couplke of drunbk off-duty police officers. One of them took his lumps, but the other still maintains he has every right in the world, as a police officer, to shitkick anyone any time he feels like it, drunk or not. I saw an intervioew with his superior officer the other day and that guy can't wait to get this yahoo back on the beat. Depressing.

The guy who took his lumps got a tap (not even a slap) on the wrist. This second guy is claiming he acted because he saw his friend being assaulted, so if he's found guilty at all he won't get anything either. As you say, the worst part is that they'll be back on the force. Brock says he wouldn't want to work with guys like that, but time and time again cops who assault are kept on the force. Probably Brock is working with a few of them too. Doubt it's any different in Ontario.