canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:15 pm

$1:

Possibly, but not likely. This guy is a permanent member of the unemployable who has delusions that he is being "picked on" by potential employers/government/police due to his above average intelligence but doesn't realise that he's unemployable due to his mental state and the fact that he never graduated grade school and has an IQ that's measured in single digits.

You really nailed it down. There's a few problems with your approach, but it's the narrative I would expect to hear.

What "delusions" I might have are cleared up with our allies when they are given names and emails of some of the apparatus which you protect so feverishly. Other countries don't like interference in their economy nor appreciate attempts to radicalize citizens to hate them.

Considering the new lows in foreign investment that Canada is currently suffering from, it would appear countries are finding much better opportunities elsewhere. Not the least of which includes assessing markets free from state interference and manipulation.

Carry on though, everything is fine.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:26 pm

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
$1:
Considering the new lows in foreign investment that Canada is currently suffering from, it would appear countries are finding much better opportunities elsewhere. Not the least of which includes assessing markets free from state interference and manipulation.

I would LOVE to see the actual data on this claim, lol.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:53 pm

peck420 peck420:
I wouldn't be shocked to see a fairly large Commonwealth Free Trade deal in the near future.

Even without any formal trade deals, there is a pretty definitive 'Commonwealth Advantage'. Shame that that wasn't figured out until long after UK was in the EU and unable to negotiate independent trade deals.

Hmmmmm.

Free trade with India...

Hmmmmm.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
peck420 peck420:
I wouldn't be shocked to see a fairly large Commonwealth Free Trade deal in the near future.

Even without any formal trade deals, there is a pretty definitive 'Commonwealth Advantage'. Shame that that wasn't figured out until long after UK was in the EU and unable to negotiate independent trade deals.

Hmmmmm.

Free trade with India...

Hmmmmm.

Trying to think of some Commonwealth countries that have trade barriers against us that would make free trade an advantage to us? We're already doing the TPP that includes Autralia and New Zealand.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:08 pm

peck420 peck420:
$1:

I would LOVE to see the actual data on this claim, lol.

Foreign investors are cashing out of Canada’s provinces just when we need them the most

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... m-the-most

Our dollar is weak, which SHOULD in theory encourage much higher foreign investment. Oil prices are lower than they have been in years and the real estate bubble will burst in Vancouver and Toronto, impacting mainly domestic homeowners and our banking industry.

Maybe the government and the security apparatus can create some jobs...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:11 pm

andyt andyt:
peck420 peck420:

Hmmmmm.

Free trade with India...

Hmmmmm.

Trying to think of some Commonwealth countries that have trade barriers against us that would make free trade an advantage to us? We're already doing the TPP that includes Autralia and New Zealand.

This agreement was going to be great for Canada, alas, it appears neither Clinton or Trump are sold on this agreement. It still has to be ratified by all countries, and if America isn't onboard, this doesn't get off of the ground.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:12 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Possibly, but not likely. This guy is a permanent member :mrgreen: of the unemployable who has delusions that he is being "picked on" by potential employers/government/police due to his above average intelligence but doesn't realise that he's unemployable due to his mental state and the fact that he never graduated grade school and has an IQ that's measured in single digits.

Have you seen Orange is the new black? We have our own version of Lolly. Jesus it would be a blast to hover a drone over his home. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Other countries don't like interference in their economy nor appreciate attempts to radicalize citizens to hate them.

And yet apparently you have not problem vilifying Britain for a majority of their citizens taking that same stance when it comes to dealing with the lords of Brussels and all their dictates and regulations.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:37 pm

andyt andyt:
peck420 peck420:

Hmmmmm.

Free trade with India...

Hmmmmm.

Curiously, both of those close bretheren nations are our direct and fierce competitors for the export of our resources. They don't need to trade with us, just with our customers.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:36 pm

peck420 peck420:

Any such agreement would be excellent if it included free movement based on a Commonwealth passport. This has already been suggested in recent years.

A Commonwealth passport, you say. Tell Melbourne to build lots of houses pronto - sure, I'd go there myself if I could - but something tells me our Ozzie friends would be none too keen on this suggestion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Screw the Commonwealth deal.
Let's make a fair deal, no slave rate labour tax haven countries, countries of equal and similar standards. Autralia, New Zealand, Canada, UK and Ireland.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:39 pm

What's the point? What do they have we don't, and vice versa?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:46 am

herbie herbie:
Screw the Commonwealth deal.
Let's make a fair deal, no slave rate labour tax haven countries, countries of equal and similar standards. Autralia, New Zealand, Canada, UK and Ireland.

I think this is a great list for a free trade deal and freedom of movement between countries. I'd even go so far as to suggest backing out of NATO an intertwining of the military structures in the long term.

However, Ireland would have to back out of the EU first, which may not happen until that ship sinks completely.

If it does, I'd also be open to the idea of an open economy and military alliance with Holland, the Nordic countries, and Baltic countries, as well as easier (but not totally free) movement. I'd love to have one big happy anglo-viking-dutchie family going on, but language differences would make closer integration difficult, as well as the issue of more shitheads getting into our little nation-bloc from continental europe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:04 am

andyt andyt:
What's the point? What do they have we don't, and vice versa?

Vegomite. :D

The wish to expand their trade area, like we do. Bigger market, more customers.
Rather than hiding the fact from the public that all the corporations want is more cheap labour.
And once it's done a stronger more coherent base to adapt to trade with those other countries.
Ireland? What better position to be in than the connection between this trade Bloc and the EU?
Canada? Same status with NAFTA connection.
Now let's hear from the whining cowboys "We don't want no Kiwi telling us what to do!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:03 am

Can Ireland make a separate trade deal if it's in the EU?

The whining bout NZ from Canada seems to be about milk. NZ has few customers, but lots of agri products to compete with ours. Australia competes directly with us for many natural resources except oil.

I'm just not sure this trade union would amount to much. But I guess it couldn't do any harm either, assuming any of the countries actually gave a rats ass about this deal. I doubt it. Australia is going to be focused on Asia, Ireland on Europe. Except for Ireland to send their immigrants here when their economy goes south.

What you propose is the same reasoning why people voted Brexit. It sounds all snuggly wuggly old timey Britannia, but it won't do a hell of a lot for us as a trading nation. What Canada needs to do is insist the corps don't get a seat at the negotiating table the way they did for TPP. Of course that would mean taking on the US, and I don't think we've found a successful way yet to stand up to that 800 lb gorilla.