Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:00 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
BRAH BRAH:
Deploying an Aircraft carrier doesn’t mean it’s all out War, it’s a sign of strength and warning to Iran which is the only thing they understand.

This.

And there will be no war. At worst just a dustup when a US ship fires on some Iranian boat and disables their outboard engine.

This is something the Left will never understand.

Attachments:
27149C30-8AD8-4543-AE97-1DE1FAF49B11.jpeg
27149C30-8AD8-4543-AE97-1DE1FAF49B11.jpeg [ 67.11 KiB | Viewed 27 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:22 pm

I want to kill!
I want to kill!
I want to see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth!
Eat dead, burnt bodies!
I Mean Kill. Kill! :D

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:10 am

The Yanks don’t seem to know what they are up to themselves. Hard to say if Trump is really in the loop here. Meanwhile, this British general didn’t get the memo:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... at-1320761

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 665145002/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:44 am

As Trump stages his Gulf of Tonkin incident to justify war with IRAN, let’s review some of Trump’s past tweets from the Obama years:

$1:
"Now that Obama's poll numbers are in tailspin -- watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate."(10/9/12)

"Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!" (10/22/12)

"Remember what I previously said--Obama will someday attack Iran in order to show how tough he is." (9/23/13)q

"Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly-not skilled!" (11/10/13)

Meanwhile Daily Beast reports intelligence experts blame Trump for escalating hostilities

$1:
Trump Admin Moves Fueled Iran’s Aggression, U.S. Intel Says

Betsy Woodruff,
Adam Rawnsley
05.16.19 8:10 PM ET

Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast/Getty

Trump administration hawks have spent the last two weeks decrying an increased threat from Iran. But U.S. intelligence officials assess that Iran’s aggressive moves came in response to the administration’s own actions.

Three U.S. government officials familiar with the situation told The Daily Beast that officials in multiple U.S. intelligence agencies have assessed that Iran’s new, threatening activity–which the administration points to in justifying its military presence in the Persian Gulf–is in response to the administration’s aggressive steps over the last two months. The National Security Council, the CIA, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence did not provide comment for this story.

In addition, multiple lawmakers on Capitol Hill familiar with American intelligence about Iran told The Daily Beast that Tehran’s aggressive moves—reportedly planning attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Iraq and loading missiles on fishing boats in the Gulf—appear to be in response to Washington’s moves to press the Islamic Republic and its leadership. The Trump administration’s decisions to tighten oil sanctions and to designate the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) as a terrorist group were particularly provocative, lawmakers said...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-adm ... intel-says

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:40 pm

The headline could have been written by Bolton. US ships are massing on the coast of Iran and it’s the Iranians who are showing aggression. Corner a wolf and you’ll see him snarl.

Even David Frum is against a war.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... se/589534/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
Even David Frum is against a war.

So am I.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:58 am

Everything I have read on the subject suggests that Iran started this whole mess. I also found this interesting video on YouTube as well:

https://youtu.be/MnnoIL9DUps

Full blown war? Not sure. Bombings and missile strikes. Maybe.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
All the right-wing propaganda I have read on the subject suggests that Iran started this whole mess. I also found this interesting video on YouTube as well:

-J.

FTFY

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Everything I have read on the subject suggests that Iran started this whole mess. I also found this interesting video on YouTube as well:

-J.

Thing is such strikes could be followed by attacks on US personnel and allies across the region that nobody has full control of as well as probably strengthening the regime. In the face of attack by foreigners people generally rally round their own leaders no matter how despicable.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:45 am

https://youtu.be/i287VaPU1n4

Interesting breakdown. It seems as if a group of five-year-olds with sticks and rocks could invade Iran and win.

The only thing I would disagree with would be the need for American boots to be on the ground. There are more than enough cruise missiles to go around, never mind the ordinance that could be dropped from B-52's, B-1B's, etc.

-J.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:55 am

If the Americans choose to bomb Iran they know that they will face consequences for years thereafter. Nothing unites a nation more effectively than an attack by foreigners.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:52 pm

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

-J.

Thing is such strikes could be followed by attacks on US personnel and allies across the region that nobody has full control of as well as probably strengthening the regime. In the face of attack by foreigners people generally rally round their own leaders no matter how despicable.

Not to mention a new wave of terrorist attacks. That’s probably what Trump really wants: his “bullhorn moment” to play the hero, plus justification to cram his xenophobic agenda against Muslims and every other foreigner down everyone’s throats and excuse to declare anyone who dares question him a traitor. It worked for the last Republican president.....for a time....

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:05 pm

A Middle East war of choice will go down badly with many in Trump’s base. As an America Firster he has been explicitly against this kind of thing, at least since he started his most recent run for the presidency. Iran funds regional insurgencies, not global ones. There is still considerable hostility post-9/11 to KSA across the American political spectrum and nobody should get caught doing its bidding too openly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:57 pm

I imagine the MAGAs will completely forget about any issues they have with another war and gladly go along with the one upcoming for Iran if their rotten leader endorses it. Accidentally firing a few JDAMs at an Iranian hospital or school will also be fine with them if it "owns the libs".

This could end up really badly for the US because there's no way Trump won't try to micromanage the war, just like Hitler did or the way Churchill also did with so many of his terrible decisions that cost Britain too many lives and defeats. There's no way an arrogant prick like Trump won't do that, and get all aroused at playing his "you're fired!" game with the Pentagon, no matter how much chaos it injects into the American war effort. "Stable genius" and "high IQ!" and all that other bullshit his cultists lap up on his Twitter feed.