canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Fuck Assad and fuck Russia. Assad promised to get rid of his chemical weapons and the Russians promised to ensure that happened. Well it didn't and Trump took action after Assad broke international law by gassing his own people.

The fact that they used an excess of tomahawks to take out a single airbase is a pointed message to Russia, Iran and especially one certain little shit on the Korean peninsula that the Party's over and they'll no longer going to be able to run roughshod over the rest of the world with impunity.

I'm impressed with the new administrations decision to step up and return to their role as the world's policeman again especially after all the rhetoric about becoming an isolationist entity who was going to leave the world to self destruct.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:55 am

Thanos Thanos:
What made the little kids that were gassed to death this week more precious than the ones that were gassed to death four years ago. The Republicans that are either silent or playing the "line up behind the president" card right now were all aghast when Obama wanted to do the same thing back then that Trump did tonight. I'm not commenting on the right or wrong of the US attack. I'm just getting a good giggle at the hypocrisy of then versus now. To wit:

Just proves that the Trump administration doesn't know what the fuck it's doing and has no core set of values or principles. It's government by rash decision based on whatever feels good in the moment. They're for Wall Street but also against Wall Street but also for Wall Street. They're for the Iraq invasion but also not for the Iraq invasion. They're against attacking syria but also for attacking syria. They don't have any real moral, philosophical or intellectual compas so they just make shit up ob the fly as they go along and constantly contradict themselves.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:17 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Fuck Assad and fuck Russia. Assad promised to get rid of his chemical weapons and the Russians promised to ensure that happened. Well it didn't and Trump took action after Assad broke international law by gassing his own people.

The US did destroy all chemical weapons that Syria admitted to having.

I'm just surprised that anyone believed that Syria disclosed their entire inventory, instead of just the weapons they didn't want to keep and didn't want to pay to destroy on their own.

But I'm the jaded type. I think they did disclose and destroy their entire inventory. And then Russia outfitted them with fresh, new weapons. :( At market prices, of course.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:01 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
If it really happened, then it'll be the first thing Trump has done that I agree with.

You and me both! [B-o]

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:48 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I think they did disclose and destroy their entire inventory. And then Russia outfitted them with fresh, new weapons. :( At market prices, of course.

Then Western intelligence is not only inept, they are utterly useless.

Chemical weapons are...heavy. Russia does not have, nor has ever had, the ability to move heavy materials into Syria without EVERYBODY knowing.

The missile defense systems....everybody knew about them as soon as they left Russia, and were monitored the entire way.

Aircraft? Same.

Ground forces? Same.

But something that requires storage equipment larger than the missile defense systems were sneaked in, right under every bodies noses...sure, throw a for sale sign up on that tropical property in Alberta while you are at it.

This was planned before the chemical attack even occurred. Notice was even given to Russia, too make sure they didn't get caught in the crossfire.

The most likely scenario is that the Syrians bombed a known rebel storage site, but were unaware (or thought their munitions would destroy) of the chemical weapons also being stored there.

There was no scenario where Assad gains from a chemical attack right now, nor is there any logical reason for him to employ one. His forces, with Russia, are currently 'winning'.

But, a chemical attack was a very "good" thing for the west....surprise, surprise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:01 am

peck420 peck420:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I think they did disclose and destroy their entire inventory. And then Russia outfitted them with fresh, new weapons. :( At market prices, of course.

Chemical weapons are...heavy. Russia does not have, nor has ever had, the ability to move heavy materials into Syria without EVERYBODY knowing.

The missile defense systems....everybody knew about them as soon as they left Russia, and were monitored the entire way.

Aircraft? Same.

Ground forces? Same.

But something that requires storage equipment larger than the missile defense systems were sneaked in, right under every bodies noses...sure, throw a for sale sign up on that tropical property in Alberta while you are at it.

This was planned before the chemical attack even occurred. Notice was even given to Russia, too make sure they didn't get caught in the crossfire.

The most likely scenario is that the Syrians bombed a known rebel storage site, but were unaware (or thought their munitions would destroy) of the chemical weapons also being stored there.

There was no scenario where Assad gains from a chemical attack right now, nor is there any logical reason for him to employ one. His forces, with Russia, are currently 'winning'.

But, a chemical attack was a very "good" thing for the west....surprise, surprise.

+5 R=UP

Then, you have to ask yourself why Trump decided to buy into the McCain/Obama/Hillary
globalist we want war BS. At least for yesterday.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:04 am

Well, I see this is just another thread turned into another excuse to pile on Trump by the usual suspects.

Way to go gentlemen.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:12 am

peck420 peck420:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Once combined, yes they are. But the precursors, Phosphorus trichloride, sulphur . . . are not. They are easily sourced from places other than Russia, and could be combined once in Syria. Who would notice a few tanker trucks here or there?

Besides, it's only my inner devil talking, nothing to be taken seriously.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:48 am

First: The US has no national security interest at stake in Syria. Our whole issue with Assad is that he won't suck Saudi dick and let the Saudis and the Qataris build a gas pipeline across Syria to Europe.

Second: Around 30,000 to 100,000 Iraqi chemical weapons went missing in 2003.

That means there's no proof that Assad's Syrian forces did this.

Why?

Because Syria's reason for targeting Idlib was because it was being used by rebels as a base of operations. That means they had munitions dumps. So the chemical weapon could have easily been a secondary explosion. In 2003 the US caused HUNDREDS of secondary chemical weapons detonations when we hit Iraqi munitions with airstrikes or when they were hit by sappers. Lots of our own people suffered injury from these negligent actions.

In any case this attack by the US justifies the Russians giving more anti-air and anti-ship weapons to their Syrian allies so they can defend themselves against the illegal acts of war by the US.

Part of why Putin is President is because of how the US and NATO humiliated Russia when we arbitrarily waged war on Russia's Serbian allies. We've now put Putin in a corner where he's going to have to back up Syria and Assad or else face humiliation at home.

One thing out of this is I expect the bullshit about Trump being Putin's puppet to stop. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:12 am

Hard to take it all that seriously when the Syrian military was given several hours advanced warning and evacuated all their personnel and critical equipment before the base was flattened. Yes, it's a punishment of a sort but not that severe of a one. It's not like they took at shot at decapitating Assad the way they did with Saddam or Khaddafi.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:38 am

http://www.weeklystandard.com/in-januar ... le/2007548

$1:
In January, Susan Rice Assured NPR the Obama Admin Removed Chemical Weapons From Syria

We were able to find a solution that didn't necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished. Our aim in contemplating the use of force following the use of chemical weapons in August of 2013 was not to intervene in the civil war, not to become involved in the combat between Assad and the opposition, but to deal with the threat of chemical weapons by virtue of the diplomacy that we did with Russia and with the Security Council. We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile.

- Susan Rice, National Security Advisor to President Obama.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:50 am

Has Susan Rice ever said anything that didn't turn out to be a lie?

I might be becoming less a Trump supporter than I briefly was, but it's not because of this. I share the opinion of the blogger below on this one:

$1:
(This is an opinion piece by our German language translator, Nash Montana on the launch of some cruise missiles against Syria last night. While other explanations and views are certainly possible, we felt this was worth reading.)

It’s a safe and symbolic air strike with great output. Sometime it’s important to show strength to China, NK, ISIS, Syria, NATO, EU and world.

It makes it easier to negotiate the not just foreign policy but trade deals with strength and Chinese leaders are in US now.

I am hoping RINO, neocons, senate and congress would stay in line and know who is big daddy here.

This air strike also killed the Russian collusion that the MSM is selling from last 3 months.

Now, with all that being said, I just have to assume that the U.S. military intelligence correctly assessed the path of the chemical attack, for which it now retaliates.

Me too. I'm taking a wait and see stance on this one, myself.

He goes on...

$1:
Either way, strikes like these are about optics. Presidents use them for establishing authority and resetting the narrative. Syria got the attack because Assad has few friends and makes a safe target.

Missile and targeting technology gets field testing and the military gets to play, making them look victorious.

Trump may or may not actually believe Assad used the gas, but he came in handy for Trump’s much-needed change of subject.

Look how fast Trump reacted from gas attack to response. Never let on what he was going to do.

He did not give that line in the sand warning. Just acted, Just like he told us, he is not going to tell the enemy when we are going to attack.

I wonder what Iran is thinking? North Korea?

https://vladtepesblog.com/2017/04/07/na ... -missiles/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:02 am

$1:
This air strike also killed the Russian collusion that the MSM is selling from last 3 months.

Not when all the collusion with Russia appears to have gone back for the better part of the last six or seven years, and definitely not when the extent of Russian tampering in the 2016 election still hasn't been accurately determined. Today's update: Jared Kushner conveniently forgot on his application, as a senior White House adviser to be able to view top secret national security documents, to mention multiple meetings he's had with Russian bankers connected to money-laundering operations inside the US. Blowing up a handful of empty plane hangars and pock-marking a couple of runways in Syria doesn't wipe out a web of connections between Donald Trump and his people with the Russian government, Russian intelligence operatives, and Russian organized crime figures. He can bomb away all he wants in the shittier parts of the world but none of this is going away.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:23 am

Thanos Thanos:
$1:

Not when all the collusion with Russia appears to have gone back for the better part of the last six or seven years, and definitely not when the extent of Russian tampering in the 2016 election still hasn't been accurately determined. Today's update: Jared Kushner conveniently forgot on his application, as a senior White House adviser to be able to view top secret national security documents, to mention multiple meetings he's had with Russian bankers connected to money-laundering operations inside the US. Blowing up a handful of empty plane hangars and pock-marking a couple of runways in Syria doesn't wipe out a web of connections between Donald Trump and his people with the Russian government, Russian intelligence operatives, and Russian organized crime figures. He can bomb away all he wants in the shittier parts of the world but none of this is going away.

Let it go.

The Trump people spoke to some Russians. Big deal. That's perfectly normal.

Hillary received millions from the Russians for her support and intervention in the uranium deal. While she was Secretary of State. But that's okay because you hate Trump and that's all that's important to you, right Captain Ahab?

The White Whale swam before him as the monomaniac incarnation of all those malicious agencies which some deep men feel eating in them, till they are left living on with half a heart and half a lung. [. . .] All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil, to crazy Ahab, were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Moby Dick. He piled upon the whale’s white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart’s shell upon it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:31 am

How's that government of Goldman Sachs, by Goldman Sachs, and for Goldman Sachs working out for you folks these days, eh?