bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:32 pm

The Russians lost six MiG fighters in the attack. One of the Tomahawk missiles also hit the Russian canteen - killing 7 to 20 people according to varying reports.

No confirmation of Russian casualties yet but it's safe to assume that at least some of the people in the Russian canteen (bar) were Russian.

The Russian frigate that's heading to Syria is armed with the SIZZLER anti-ship missile - at least eight of them - and it's a very capable and proven system that has been purchased by both India and China. It's designed to penetrate shipborne defense systems by accelerating to 2200mph and flying at as little as three meters above the surface of the water all while randomly jinking about and firing chaff to evade and confuse defensive systems.

It's not a joke.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:58 pm

$1:
>what the Left wants

Currently for Trumpettes, that could range from Che Guevara right up to Winston Churchill

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Three years ago the New York Times wrote about how sarin gas and mustard gas was in the hands of ISIS.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... .html?_r=0

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:18 pm

I have no doubt hat there is just as much a chance that the gas could have been from a weapons cahe held by the Syrian 'rebels' that was destroyed, as it was from a Syrian jet. Neither side has played fair nor is completely blameless.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Fuck Assad and fuck Russia. Assad promised to get rid of his chemical weapons and the Russians promised to ensure that happened. Well it didn't and Trump took action after Assad broke international law by gassing his own people.

The fact that they used an excess of tomahawks to take out a single airbase is a pointed message to Russia, Iran and especially one certain little shit on the Korean peninsula that the Party's over and they'll no longer going to be able to run roughshod over the rest of the world with impunity.

I'm impressed with the new administrations decision to step up and return to their role as the world's policeman again especially after all the rhetoric about becoming an isolationist entity who was going to leave the world to self destruct.

R=UP

Right fucking on.

I'd rep you if you're rep was turned on. Hell of a good post.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:43 pm

Russia has ended military cooperation with the US in Syria. The hotline that was used to coordinate actions has been disconnected.

http://www.interfax.com/news.asp

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:58 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Probable scenario:
Putin: Bashar my luchik, it's Vlad. How you be doingk?
Assad: My dear friend. I am fine, why the call?
Putin: Well Bashar, you nowit my guy Donnie. He be wantink a conweenient target to distract gully-bull Amerikan . It has to be conwinsinkt, so I be needing some formerly vorm bodies.
Assad: No problem. When will you need them, and where?
Putin: Well Donnie say he need airly morning airstrike, so he can get in afternoon of goolf. before he talk to Chinese.

Possible scenario:
If Assad didn't authorize the two chemical weapons attacks the West has a bigger problem. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:11 pm

True. What happens when we overthrow Assad only to have ISIS set off sarin gas in the US?

Also, starting to have doubts that it was sarin. The video on CNN shows medical staff working on non-responsive people and they're not gloved up.

If it was sarin then they'd be dying by now themselves and there's no reports of ANY secondary casualties.

Maybe it's some other gas or maybe it wasn't gas at all. But I'm not seeing what we should see if this was sarin.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:26 pm

The strike was justified if Assad did order the second attack, if he didn't then it means he's not in control of elements in his Military chain of command which means we're dealing with some Tom Clancy shit.

Last edited by BRAH on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:34 pm

That, or the Russians are testing out some new toys of theirs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:44 pm

$1:
It'll be absolutely within the rights of the Russians to fire on any combatant that fires at Syrian forces.

Why they sign a mutual defense agreement like the Warsaw Pact or NATO and not tell anyone? Or do they think they can just do whatever they want to other countries too?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:08 pm

They were back to using regular old dumb bombs and barrel bombs full of shrapnel on civilians today. Clobbered eight towns apparently. Back to the normal way of doing things that no one is too concerned with so I guess the crisis has already passed. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:17 am

Thanos Thanos:
They were back to using regular old dumb bombs and barrel bombs full of shrapnel on civilians today. Clobbered eight towns apparently. Back to the normal way of doing things that no one is too concerned with so I guess the crisis has already passed. :roll:

Yep, so much for any thought that the US might do what is right finally.

Looks like this was a not-so thinly veiled message aimed at other countries (Iran and North Korea) WMD programs more than it was about putting Assad in his place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:46 am

Canadian-Syrian group expresses surprise, relief at U.S. airstrikes

A sour puss-face at CNN doesn't look like she likes what she's hearing:

However...

Warplanes strike Syrian town hit by chemical attack

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:53 am

Thanos Thanos:

I seriously doubt there was ever a real crisis. We've seen things like this a million times during the cold war, all of which did nothing but solidify certain people's positions within their gov'ts and gain political stature for those who participated.

In this case all that happened was that, a message was sent and the expected outrage was displayed, nothing more.