canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:53 am

Tricks wrote:
Also, this is nonsense, considering it's legal or decriminalized in 22 of their own states. Aren't they also breaking treaties?

No, because it is still illegal Federally. The Feds are just looking the other way right now, but they could come down on it if they wanted.

Just wait till they see the tax income and reduced policing costs, and they'll look into legalizing it too. Plus all the IPOs of growers and distributors!

I think there are many Canadian companies looking to export medical cannibus to many EU countries.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Also, this is nonsense, considering it's legal or decriminalized in 22 of their own states. Aren't they also breaking treaties?

No, because it is still illegal Federally. The Feds are just looking the other way right now, but they could come down on it if they wanted.

Just wait till they see the tax income and reduced policing costs, and they'll look into legalizing it too. Plus all the IPOs of growers and distributors!

I think there are many Canadian companies looking to export medical cannibus to many EU countries.

Right, I forgot about the state vs federal clusterfuck that the U.S. has.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
Just another problem that PM Sunnydaze and his cabal of suplicants forgot about in their madcap rushed to legalize pot. I'm actually surprised that the Americans haven't mentioned the fact that we've broken numerous treaties by doing this but, I'm sure at some point Trump will bring it up much like he's brought up the facts that we're dumping cheap Chinese steel in the US and failing to honour our commitment to double our defense spending.

This is going to end badly for the citizens of one country and I'm pretty sure it won't be the US. :x

Gosh it’s like we’re a sovereign country that doesn’t take orders from Washington or something! Outrageous isn’t it?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:30 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
Gosh it’s like we’re a sovereign country that doesn’t take orders from Washington or something! Outrageous isn’t it?

Gosh it’s like we’re a sovereign country that doesn’t take orders from Ottawa or something! Outrageous isn’t it?

:wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:

Quote:
This isn't about personal choice yours, mine or anyone else's. It's about a complete lack of foresight and understanding by the Canadian Gov't who, for some bizarre reason ignored or just forgot about the ramifications from the US and likely other signatory countries when they legalized it.

More than likely they decided that as a sovereign nation it’s not their job to let other countries dictate their policies and if Canadians prefer to associate with the cannabis industry rather than the US it’s their private choice to do so

Quote:
They made the provinces responsible for policing and administrating it so, consequently we have a Federal Law being administered by each individual province with no set guidelines or regulations which means that what you do in Quebec may just get you arrested in BC or any of the other provinces. ROTFL

The provinces are not “administering a federal law”. Marijuana possession is being removed from federal law. Full stop. The provinces are now free to tax, regulate, and/or administer as much or as little as they deem fit. Just like alcohol. As it currently stands, provinces and federal governments would get the same amount of sales and business taxes as they would from any other business so I don’t know where you get the idea that all the tax dollars go to Ottawa. But of course as I said a province can always tax it more if it wants to.

Last edited by BeaverFever on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:54 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:

Gosh it’s like we’re a sovereign country that doesn’t take orders from Ottawa or something! Outrageous isn’t it?

:wink:

Not yet, but soon. Then you’ll all be sorry

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Washington doesn't take orders from anyone. FFS it can't even take advice.
It only issues orders to everyone else.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:57 pm

How many officers asking the silly question about cannabis use have never used it themselves? Large billboards on the Canadian side should advise visitors to deny use in an absurdly over-the-top fashion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Sunnyways wrote:
How many officers asking the silly question about cannabis use have never used it themselves? Large billboards on the Canadian side should advise visitors to deny use in an absurdly over-the-top fashion.

"IF ASKED ABOUT CANNABIS, DENY EVERYTHING."

:lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:14 am

If I were crossing the border I would pretend to have Tourette's or a horrible stuttering problem so they would get tired of dealing with me, and send me on my way with no personal info whatsoever. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:34 am

I wonder how Draconian this will get. Will they monitor company stockholders, and if you buy stock in a company that produces Cannibus you get a lifetime ban? Will you get banned if you own mutual funds that invest in those companies?

I wonder when the US will stop being the crazy cat lady down the block who is always looking out her window.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 am

DrCaleb wrote:
I wonder how Draconian this will get. Will they monitor company stockholders, and if you buy stock in a company that produces Cannibus you get a lifetime ban? Will you get banned if you own mutual funds that invest in those companies?

I imagine the bible-thumps in Congress will make it as heinous an act as selling centrifuges and plutonium to Iran. They have no rational perspective in them, or they're just very good at abandoning rationality and reason in order to appeal to the nutters they need to vote them into power.

Quote:
I wonder when the US will stop being the crazy cat lady down the block who is always looking out her window.

Never. It's been this way for a long time and will be this way permanently. Hate-radio and FOX did too good of a job terrifying the old folks of just about everything. And the internet has done too good of a job at radicalizing too many of the young ones and the mentally ill. There's no going back to a better age because the damage has been done and it's now buried way too deep into their hearts and minds.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am

rickc wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
Just another problem that PM Sunnydaze and his cabal of suplicants forgot about in their madcap rushed to legalize pot. I'm actually surprised that the Americans haven't mentioned the fact that we've broken numerous treaties by doing this but, I'm sure at some point Trump will bring it up much like he's brought up the facts that we're dumping cheap Chinese steel in the US and failing to honour our commitment to double our defense spending.

This is going to end badly for the citizens of one country and I'm pretty sure it won't be the US. :x

Its a plant. A plant that has not resulted in a single overdose death ever. It never should have been illegal in the first place. Nothing, and I do mean nothing is going to stop the full legalization of weed in the states. There is too much money involved. We just passed the one year mark for legalization and the state is breaking sales records for all the states that have legalized. We have 24 hour dispensaries with drive through windows. We have home delivery services. We have amnesty drop boxes at the airport for travelers returning home. The state is already moving on with plans for smoking lounges in the hotels and stand alone hookah lounges where you can smoke and socialize in public. No one is going to give up this new found wealth, treaties be damned. All the cannabis is harvested in the state, creating even more jobs. Our breeders are creating new world class cannabis strains that anyone would be proud to own. Higher concentrations, shorter grow and harvest times. Plants bred for specific ailments like pain, depression, anxiety, loss of appetite, PSTD, insomnia, seizures, etc. I am talking about the cutting edge of botany here. This aint no Mexican dirt weed, this is genuine made in America ass kicking cannabis! Talk about making America great again! This is what we should be exporting. :wink:

Canada was right to legalize at the federal level. That is how it should be done. It is what Obama should have done. Everything that he accomplished in office is being erased. Soon it will be like he was never there at all. He could have taken weed off of schedule 1 early in his first term. So many people would have been making so much money by the end of his term that no one would ever bring up the topic of prohibition again. He would actually have a legacy that could not be erased. The states will get to full legalization one day. Too bad that many more lives and careers will still be ruined in the meantime. Until then all international weed conventions/conferences should be held in Canada to prevent these border bozos from getting their rocks off playing Dick Tracy.

Agreed, rickc

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am

BeaverFever wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:

R=UP

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:35 am

Law of unintended consequences. This is just another reason why I don't smoke the devil's lettuce.