canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:49 am

llama66 llama66:
Law of unintended consequences. This is just another reason why I don't smoke the devil's lettuce.

I thought those were Brussels Sprouts?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:57 am

Their country, their rules.

Not like the rest of the world is gonna mind taking my tourist dollars from me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:02 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:
Law of unintended consequences. This is just another reason why I don't smoke the devil's lettuce.

Hmmmm..... you make a good point.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm

llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
llama66 llama66:

Hmmmm..... you make a good point.

I went back - Devil's Cabbage is Brussles Sprouts.

Edit - to some. I happen to love them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:16 pm

I'd rather listen to a Justin Bieber and Meatloaf Christmas Album than eat Brussels Sprouts.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:13 pm

llama66 llama66:
I'd rather listen to a Justin Bieber and Meatloaf Christmas Album than eat Brussels Sprouts.

I'd prefer the Brussels sprouts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:14 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:

no.... Brussels Sprouts are the worst thing ever to exist.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm

llama66 llama66:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:

no.... Brussels Sprouts are the worst thing ever to exist.

What do you expect from the E.U. ?

Brussels Sprouts are the bigliest disappointment ever!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:14 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Just another problem that PM Sunnydaze and his cabal of suplicants forgot about in their madcap rushed to legalize pot. I'm actually surprised that the Americans haven't mentioned the fact that we've broken numerous treaties by doing this but, I'm sure at some point Trump will bring it up much like he's brought up the facts that we're dumping cheap Chinese steel in the US and failing to honour our commitment to double our defense spending.

This is going to end badly for the citizens of one country and I'm pretty sure it won't be the US. :x

Gosh it’s like we’re a sovereign country that doesn’t take orders from Washington or something! Outrageous isn’t it?

Nobody said we have to take orders from Washington but, by the same token they don't have to let any of our people or products into their country which, is what this will come down to.

The sad part is that people like you think that as Canadians we can do whatever the fuck we want and other countries should just STFU and acquiesce. To bad it doesn't work like that in the real world as Sunnydaze and the rest of the country are finding out.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
The sad part is that people like you think that as Canadians we can do whatever the fuck we want and other countries should just STFU and acquiesce. To bad it doesn't work like that in the real world as Sunnydaze and the rest of the country are finding out.

Becoming the first and only legal supplier to a market that is about to open across the globe is not a bad thing.

Ever. At any time.

The only mistake Canada has made in legalization is by delaying it. We should have accelerated it, if anything.

Then we could have rapidly capitalized on the research potential.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:39 pm

The smart civilized countries are just going to follow along with full legalization anyway. Give it time and in ten or fifteen years the United States will be the only outsider that hasn't, as usual when it comes to any sort of social freedom that the religious scolds simply can't tolerate.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanos Thanos:
The smart civilized countries are just going to follow along with full legalization anyway. Give it time and in ten or fifteen years the United States will be the only outsider that hasn't, as usual when it comes to any sort of social freedom that the religious scolds simply can't tolerate.

Pot, heroin, coke, and etc. were once all legal and sometimes even traded by governments.

And then they were outlawed because of their impacts on society.

If you folks need to rediscover why they were banned then have at it. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:58 pm

And the zero-tolerance insanity towards opioids and marijuana has created an organized crime monster that's identical in viciousness and depravity as the one created by the zero-tolerance insanity religious Americans inflicted on alcohol. Different times, same results, and all thanks to politicians playing to the fears of idiots.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Foreign hoosegows all over the planet are going to fill up with gormless Canadian travellers who blithely assume that because Justin sez it's okay to carry a joint in your luggage, everyone else on Earth will feel the same way with peace and love attached. Our embassy and consular staffs will be spending most of their time trying to protect the terminally stupid from this country. Wait until some hapless Canadian tourist is executed somewhere for inadvertently smuggling dope.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Even opioids are reaching a point where the laws will have to be loosened. Fentanyl, let alone carfentanil, is so potent that it is dangerous for paramedics and police to handle. Just wait a short while for even more potent derivatives to arrive in small packages from China.