Date: 2014-01-22 08:55:02

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:01 am

Been going on again last few days.

3 dead, 2 confirmed shot by police.

It looks more serious than last time.

There are now reports tanks are on the way into Kiev.

Hope PF is ok.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 am

Ditto that with the concern for PF.

One of my coworkers is out today and I imagine she's worried about her family over there.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:34 am

Not that I had much respect for them, but the 'Idle Some More' crowd could take notes from these guys. PDT_Armataz_01_41 It takes some big balls or epic stupidity to keep standing up for what you believe in, even when bullets start flying.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:39 am

8O

$1:
Maybe the Most Orwellian Text Message a Government's Ever Sent

“Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.”

That's a text message that thousands of Ukrainian protesters spontaneously received on their cell phones today, as a new law prohibiting public demonstrations went into effect. It was the regime's police force, sending protesters the perfectly dystopian text message to accompany the newly minted, perfectly dystopian legislation. In fact, it's downright Orwellian (and I hate that adjective, and only use it when absolutely necessary, I swear).

http://motherboard.vice.com/en_ca/blog/ ... -ever-sent

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:04 am

Yes, they put in fire two police buses. Were shooting with pneu guns and gas granades. Everything here is not such serious as you think. No tanks, army and aliens. This shit will prolong till next year elections (I think so). And yes, I'm ok (If not, someone of my relatives or friends will put a necrolog on CKA so you will be informed in any case, write on my tomb "Had a Moraine lake wallpaper on his notebook" :D I just have to do some deals, after finishing them I'll come back. I'm just tired watching the same on TV and news. Government and opposition played a chess, government lost. So they are in panic and don't know what to do. When someone is in panic, he is doing a lot of mistakes. Government did too much of them, if they have even a couple of shame they must leave. But they don't have, so here you can see. We are not such sheeps as russians, Putins formula won't work here, they can't understand this. I was writing about elections, east and vodka before. So we will be doing, and you will be watching, I wish you a good view, get a popcorn. I don't exclude that buses were put in fire by people who were payed by government (because hundreds of people saw that, but cops can't find them till this day, I find it weird).

Last edited by PostFactum on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:08 am

Aw just forgot, Write not Kiev, write Kyiv. Kiev is Russian way to say. How much times I have to write it here! Kyiv is Ukrainian way to write in English :twisted:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:11 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
because hundreds of people saw that, but cops can't find them till this day, I find it weird.

I bet they aren't looking too hard for the either.

Good you are OK! Keep us informed, eyeballs are better than third hand reports.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:15 am

My friend is a cop and his boss proposed him to go to Kyiv, they were paying 600$ for a 3 days(His payment for 4 month). He refused. I'm wondering where they get money to pay for that crap.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:26 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
My friend is a cop and his boss proposed him to go to Kyiv, they were paying 600$ for a 3 days(His payment for 4 month). He refused. I'm wondering where they get money to pay for that crap.

Salvage price of a Greenpeace ship.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:46 pm

A lot of photos here:

http://www.rightnow.io/breaking-news/gr ... 63061.html

Subway stations closed to prevent people moving.

It's minus 10C and dropping.

It's snowing.

A huge pile of people are outside, trying to change something.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Running from the police will keep you warm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PostFactum PostFactum:

That or the pay off Putin gave the Ukraine Gov. a while back. 15billion I think.

Stay safe PostFactum and stay out of Kyiv if you can. Does not sound like the best place to be at this time.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 am

stratos stratos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PostFactum PostFactum:

That or the pay off Putin gave the Ukraine Gov. a while back. 15billion I think.

Stay safe PostFactum and stay out of Kyiv if you can. Does not sound like the best place to be at this time.

Man I don't know from where you know, but tomorrow I go there by train (11 hours of road), will come back in monday, have to visit one person :D :D :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:24 am

Well avoid the protets and cops and everything else. Sounds like hell is about to break lose there no need for you to get cought up in it. Be safe.