canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:48 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Right now I could do with some serious global warming. In 48 hours, I've experienced a drop in temperatures of almost 50 C. I have the thermostat set at 27 C right now.
Holy Shit Dog, when I read that first time I thought you said the temp had dropped 50 C to 27 and you wanted more. I'm glad I read it wrong :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Foxer Foxer:
$1:
So what's next to panic the population with. Global Pandemic, Nuclear War, Food Shortage, Sun Spots, erectile dysfunction.

Space goats. Giant, ravenous space goats. Send money.
Jeeze Foxer, all you really need is your semi auto SG, some SSG and the help of this guy to take care of that problem.Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Foxer Foxer:
$1:
So what's next to panic the population with. Global Pandemic, Nuclear War, Food Shortage, Sun Spots, erectile dysfunction.

Space goats. Giant, ravenous space goats. Send money.
Jeeze Foxer, all you really need is your semi auto SG, some SSG and the help of this guy to take care of that problem.Image

I thought giant ravenous space goats required evacuation to some other planet up ahead somewhere.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:06 pm

kilroy kilroy:

I thought giant ravenous space goats required evacuation to some other planet up ahead somewhere.

Do you have any idea, dude, of the value of giant ravenous space goat manure? We could make a killing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:11 pm

We are talking terraforming on a grand scale.... methane to warm a cold planet, the veritable stuff of life to fertilize rocky moonscapes. I had no concept of it... The mind boggles at the opportunity.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm

kilroy kilroy:
We are talking terraforming on a grand scale.... methane to warm a cold planet, the veritable stuff of life to fertilize rocky moonscapes. I had no concept of it... The mind boggles at the opportunity.
Let's form a corporation. Goat Shit Limited. They poop it, we shovel it, right to your garden.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm

$1:
Jeeze Foxer, all you really need is your semi auto SG, some SSG and the help of this guy to take care of that problem.

Dude, you are right on the edge of starting a 'best gun for space goat defense" thread, and ANY gun owner will tell you that's just a bad place to go. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Foxer Foxer:
$1:
So... nothing then save for your expertise.

Nothing large and organized like some sinister worldwide conspiracy :)

But as i noted, there's plenty of real world examples of people attempting to cash in on the concept.

Who would that be? Is it similar to those companies cashing in on the fossil fuel industry?

You mean the fossil fuel industry that does MORE than just provide resources for power generation? That fossil fuel industry?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:

You mean the fossil fuel industry that does MORE than just provide resources for power generation? That fossil fuel industry?

You mean the Green industry taps out at power generation and nothing more?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:28 pm

$1:
Who would that be? Is it similar to those companies cashing in on the fossil fuel industry?

well, as pointed out those companies are different in that they actually produce something. But just like those groups i mentioned, they make money and the money is dependant on public perception. They put their own 'spins' on things to keep the money flowing into their pockets, just as the 'climate priests' do :) I wouldn't be likely to trust anything that came from them inherently either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Foxer Foxer:
$1:

well, as pointed out those companies are different in that they actually produce something. But just like those groups i mentioned, they make money and the money is dependant on public perception. They put their own 'spins' on things to keep the money flowing into their pockets, just as the 'climate priests' do :) I wouldn't be likely to trust anything that came from them inherently either.

Well, you pointed out figures and job numbers.

What is that you think they do that doesn't actually produce anything? Different say from the oil/coal industry say.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:

You mean the Green industry taps out at power generation and nothing more?

Well, I can't say as I'm aware of any commercial/consumer by-products from solar and wind power but feel free to enlighten me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:45 pm

$1:
Well, you pointed out figures and job numbers.

I don't think i did - is there a chance you're mixing me up with a different poster?

$1:
What is that you think they do that doesn't actually produce anything? Different say from the oil/coal industry say.

Well lobby groups don't tend to actually produce a product that they have to protect. For example - gas companies might get into the global warming fight in order to protect their revenues. Whereas the global warming fight IS the revenues for a lobby group. There's a difference.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am

Well you know it's a polarizing issue when people are actually willing to treat the sun like a credible newsgroup when it agrees with their case.

I wonder if this will ever reach levels where liberals will agree with fox news backing them up?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:45 am

$1:
I wonder if this will ever reach levels where liberals will agree with fox news backing them up?

Yikes! And people thought the mayan calendar was the sign of the end of the world. :wink:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next