CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28775
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 am
 


Title: Vancouver landlord finds drains filled with cement, other damage left by former tenant
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2019-09-02 11:21:40
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13669
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:28 am
 


Quote:
While he plans to talk to his insurance provider after the long weekend, he says he doesn�t plan to sue the tenant, opting instead to just move on.


Fuck that, the bitch is crazy. But if he won't sue I'm sure his insurance company will if he tries to get them to pay for her damages. Although, by not publicly outing this lunatic he's putting every other landlord in the Lower Mainland in jeopardy because she'll find someone to do this to again when she snaps.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9035
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:11 pm
 


Daughter's old boyfriend rented his mobile out to friends and moved in with her. The "friends" didn't pay a cent and when he told them to get out, they were moving in, they did cement in all the drains and toilet, left water running, etc.
Then they HAW HAW'd him, "It was just a prank".
Didn't understand why he punched the guys face right in.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13669
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:10 pm
 


herbie wrote:
Daughter's old boyfriend rented his mobile out to friends and moved in with her. The "friends" didn't pay a cent and when he told them to get out, they were moving in, they did cement in all the drains and toilet, left water running, etc.
Then they HAW HAW'd him, "It was just a prank".
Didn't understand why he punched the guys face right in.


I've never heard of renters or squatters filling the drains with cement before but I guess given your daughters old boyfriend's problems it's been going on for awhile.

I just wonder how much of a slurry the cement was? If it got past the P and S traps in his condo the repair cost could be more than a couple of thousands dollars and, good old landlord Tom won't be this bitches biggest problem because re plumbing an entire condo building isn't going to be cheap.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11753
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:31 pm
 


I saw this on the news yesterday.

Unreal how freaking stupid and destructive people can be but it shouldn't be all that shocking. There is no freaking way I'd ever own property for the purpose of renting it out.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9035
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:32 pm
 


They did more than just that, they trashed the place so bad he had to pay to have it removed from the trailer court and disposed of. (that's about $4000 in fees just to junk one these days).
And these kids were SO fucking stupid they thought he'd laugh along with them Brought up on too much Tom Green and Jackass movies, I guess.

In the end, he actually stood my daughter up to go smoke up with these turds about 6 ,months later. When he got home, we'd moved her out :D


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8332
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:10 pm
 


Strutz wrote:
I saw this on the news yesterday.

Unreal how freaking stupid and destructive people can be but it shouldn't be all that shocking. There is no freaking way I'd ever own property for the purpose of renting it out.

I rented out an acreage for about 6 years. Didn't take too long to figure out who to rent to. Question number one was always 'where were you brought up.' If the answer was ' on a farm near....' rent to them. If it was some city... no. A city person would call at 3 AM saying 'there's no water, come fix it.' I lived two and a half hours away. Then, on getting the water going, I find the well heater was turned off. Why... to save money. But its been - 35 to -40 for the past week... oh, sorry! a farmer would call and tell you, the next day at supper time that the water had gone out and he had pulled the pump, replaced a broken part. all was running smoothly. Then I would take it off their rent. Worked good.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11753
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:31 am
 


fifeboy wrote:
Strutz wrote:
I saw this on the news yesterday.

Unreal how freaking stupid and destructive people can be but it shouldn't be all that shocking. There is no freaking way I'd ever own property for the purpose of renting it out.

I rented out an acreage for about 6 years. Didn't take too long to figure out who to rent to. Question number one was always 'where were you brought up.' If the answer was ' on a farm near....' rent to them. If it was some city... no. A city person would call at 3 AM saying 'there's no water, come fix it.' I lived two and a half hours away. Then, on getting the water going, I find the well heater was turned off. Why... to save money. But its been - 35 to -40 for the past week... oh, sorry! a farmer would call and tell you, the next day at supper time that the water had gone out and he had pulled the pump, replaced a broken part. all was running smoothly. Then I would take it off their rent. Worked good.

In your situation that makes perfect sense.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9035
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:51 am
 


My friend managed the townhouses here in 1989. Refused some tenants, and the Band Office showed up demanding t0 know why they got refused. He told them it stated clearly in the ad that references were required.
So a couple days later the same people show up and hand him a letter. It was from the last landlord and said more or less: don't rent to these assholes at all, they trashed my place, started a bonfire on the kitchen floor, shit into a plugged toilet for months, etc etc.
The Band Office showed up again when he still refused them. They said it didn't matter good or bad, a reference was all that was required. Threatened to go to rentalsman.
He dared them to, they never did.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11753
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 am
 


That's hilarious herbie.

Last year a good friend of mine moved into a rental condo and used me as a reference. She had previously been a homeowner for many years so had no past rental references to provide so the condo owners requested "character" references. They asked some interesting questions such as "What kind of hobbies does she do?" I guess to establish if she was into anything potentially noisy or messy :lol:. Plus the basics like "Does she have pets she didn't tell us about?" and "what kind of housekeeper is she?". It was a youngish couple that bought the condo for the purpose of renting it out and both were on the phone taking turns asking questions which was a bit awkward but in the end they accepted her and almost a year later everyone is satisfied.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63861
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 am
 


I've had my last turn at being a landlord. Too much work and too little return.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29454
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:59 pm
 


A landlord once asked me to prove I had no criminal past. 8O


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.