canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:51 am

Title: Victoria councillor suggests billing military for events like Remembrance Day | CTV News
Category: Military
Posted By: Freakinoldguy
Date: 2019-06-06 21:57:59
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:51 am

I believe the Military paid in blood for events like Remembrance Day. This idiot should give his head a shake.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:55 am

llama66 llama66:
I believe the Military paid in blood for events like Remembrance Day. This idiot should give his head a shake.

Agreed. They've paid more than can be re-paid.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:59 am

One more verification of my belief that Politicians are basically all whiny bitches.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:04 am

So we have a city, who wants to bill the military, who get all their money from the Federal government, the same government that puts money into that city in the form of infrastructure... including the Trans Canada Highway that starts in Victoria.

Now I'm really confused. [huh]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:08 am

raydan raydan:

You should run for Victoria council!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:06 am

Glad I no longer pay taxes to support those ungrateful c*nts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:09 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:

Because I would bring positive change or because I'm easily confused? :?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:43 am

raydan raydan:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:

Because I would bring positive change or because I'm easily confused? :?

Because you have the required pre-requisites.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:44 am

You mean he's easily confused so that qualifies him to run the city of Victoria?

I agree!! It is indeed a prerequisite for a Vic councillor!!! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am

From the same twats that want to sue fossil fuel companies for climate change, while accepting more and more fossil fuel powered cruise ships into Victoria Harbour.

Fuck off Victoria :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:15 am

Sounds like something someone from that place would think was a great idea. These ideas that these ideologic extremists pull out of their asses are sufficiently ridiculous enough to render entire cities and regions too toxic for anyone still normal and decent to have anything to do with.

As per Warren Kinsella today, this is Ben Isitt's entire modus operandi. From Warren's twitter:

$1:
(a) Conflates his many media critics with actual Nazis. (b) Refuses to acknowledge a huge mistake. (c) Makes things way worse for himself. What an asshole.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:21 pm

Apparently it isn't poor Ben's fault that he wanted to make the military pay for Remembrance day it was the corporate media and conservatives who's to blame.

$1:
A Victoria councillor is calling on the public to reject "conservative media distractions" after coming under fire for suggesting the military should pay for policing events such as Remembrance Day.

At a Committee of the Whole meeting Thursday, Coun. Ben Isitt put forward an amendment to a motion seeking to recoup costs for military events in the city.

The amendment, introduced on the 75th anniversary of D-Day, came up as council debated what to do about a police budget shortfall for staffing special events.

It read: "That Council direct staff to engage DND/Veterans Affairs Canada officials to seek to recover costs associated with military events in the City."

The motion was carried with the support of councillors Laurel Collins, Sara Potts, Jeremy Loveday and Marianne Alto.

Reaction on social media was swift and stern, with many saying the timing was disrespectful to veterans.

Isitt issued a rebuttal to the controversy in a Medium.com post Friday.

"It is unfortunate that the latter decision was taken on the 75th anniversary of D-Day, marking the landing of Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy to turn back the tide of fascism in northwestern Europe," he said. "However, an accident of agenda planning resulted in consideration of the Victoria Police Department request on that date.

"More unfortunate, however is the nefarious ways in which conservative political forces and their agents in the corporate media have chosen to distort Victoria City Council's benign request for assistance from federal authorities, into a supposed affront to war veterans."

Isitt said "alt-right" organizations like the Proud Boys and conservative voices in corporate media "would prefer that citizens in Victoria and other communities focus on controversy–rather than on tackling the major challenges of our time."

He also blasted media for not covering another development from the Thursday meeting, after council voted unanimously to endorse $90-million in funding for a regional, provincial and federal partnership to expand housing affordability in Greater Victoria.

"Not surprisingly, the corporate media was silent on this strong policy direction toward an inclusive community that upholds human rights. 'If it bleeds, it leads,' is an old, unfortunate mantra in the journalistic profession," he said.

A final decision on the police budget motion and its amendments will be made on June 13 after city staff receive a detailed outline of police expenses.

The city said it costs $15,200 to police military events.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/coun ... -1.4456467

So everybody's to blame but the deplorable agenda driven clown who made this motion. :roll:

But as for electing Raydan to the Victoria City Council forget it. There's a cadre of insanity running it now and it's because they've created a very large and efficient voting machine made up of the pretentious upwardly mobile disenfranchised home owners who are living in downtown Victoria and it's overpriced neighbourhoods because they can bike and walk everywhere while bitching about all those evil assholes who are living in the outer communities fucking up their beautiful city and planet by coming to work in fossil fuel powered cars everyday.

What people forget is that Victoria is small when compared to the rest of the region so they tend to be insular and are always afraid that someone who doesn't live in Victoria is getting something they feel should be reserved for them. Gone are the days of the newly wed and nearly dead, roll up the sidewalks at 2100. Now it's become a small city with a large portion of self appointed SJW's and moralists who just happens to think itself the Amsterdam of Canada.

But not to worry about the idiots like Ben Isistt or any other councilors who were actually elected because the real rulers of Victoria aren't even the elected officials but an unelected group known as the "city family"

“City family panel expected outcry over removal,” Aug. 16.

We are now told that the crane truck to remove the luckless Sir John A. Macdonald was booked before our duly elected council had a chance to vote on the matter. I have to conclude that our city is now run by Mayor Lisa Helps’ “city family.” So why do we need to vote on Oct. 20 when we have the family to run the show?

https://www.timescolonist.com/opinion/l ... 1.23404626

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:54 pm

For a country that supposedly cares so much about things like Remembrance Day and D-Day anniversaries we certainly don't suffer from a shortage of elected left-wing punks who like to use these days, and the military in general, as a convenient punching-bag for their shitty causes. And, yes, I question the sincerity of the voting public on how much they "care" when they consistently elect trash like Ben Isitt and the rest of the Victoria city council into public office. Not just Victoria either, considering that devious virtue-signalling assholes like Isitt are prevalent on just about every large municipal government across Canada.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Thanos Thanos:
For a country that supposedly cares so much about things like Remembrance Day and D-Day anniversaries we certainly don't suffer from a shortage of elected left-wing punks who like to use these days, and the military in general, as a convenient punching-bag for their shitty causes. And, yes, I question the sincerity of the voting public on how much they "care" when they consistently elect trash like Ben Isitt and the rest of the Victoria city council into public office. Not just Victoria either, considering that devious virtue-signalling assholes like Isitt are prevalent on just about every large municipal government across Canada.

R=UP