Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:

Yeah, that was so much worst than giving "loud mouth" Lary Campbell a senate seat because he was one of the few BC mayors who called the Conservatives "barbarians"

Boo hoo hoo.

Where was the media's "rightious indignation" then?

Righteous indignation from the media is almost immpossible...more like lefteous indignation. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:13 pm

$1:
Yeah, that was so much worst than giving "loud mouth" Lary Campbell a senate seat because he was one of the few BC mayors who called the Conservatives "barbarians"

Just because all the other BC mayors are nutless Reform/Tory/Social Credit hacks...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:25 pm

Who did they represent though? Look back at how close Ujjol's victory was and tell me again how solid the Liberal bastions of Vancouver are. They still won't answer their phones because of the coalition crap.

Pully: I think you're right. I'm still trying to figure out what the alternative is to the "Red Herring" but I'm still at a loss.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:26 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Wow nothing but a bunch of whiney bitches in this thread. Waa Waa Steven Harper just did what every other PM has done.

Like I said on page 2, "Yeah, but the Liberals..."

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:31 am

ridenrain ridenrain:

Boo hoo hoo.

Where was the media's "rightious indignation" then?

Where is your righteous indignation? A month ago, you were bitching about a measly $30 million that was spent on political parties, but this measure could cost almost $50 million...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Are you suggesting that the Sedition Coalition would have not appointed senators out of respect for Harper's elected senate plans or perhaps in an effort to save money?

Has anyone told May that she'd better not sell her house?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:19 pm

$1:
I guess it could have been worse and been 18 tory hacks.
It was worse - way worse - Mr. Dithers appointed 17 flunkies including 2 Progressive Conservatives and 2 Conservatives - along with a Dipper whose party won't recognise him;

but,

he also made 212 political appointments before turning the reigns over to a proper PM. . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Are you suggesting that the Sedition Coalition would have not appointed senators out of respect for Harper's elected senate plans or perhaps in an effort to save money?

Has anyone told May that she'd better not sell her house?

What might have happened is irrelevant. A comet might hit earth. I might win the lottery.

The fact is WHAT HAPPENED. Harper appointed 18 people to the Senate, which could cost almost double the $30 he wanted to cut from political parties, including a former PQ separatist. On one hand, he decries the coalition working with evil separatists, yet gives one a $100,000 a year job. [huh]

BTW, if you want to talk what ifs, how about we discuss Harper's proposed coalition with the Bloc in 2005. Not interested? Yeah, that's what I though...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Prolly shoulda mentioned that the subject of the Gomery Affair/Adscam investigation appointed 72 Lieberals and 3 independents for a grand total of. . . .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:29 pm

It's done. It's legal and the correct thing for a PM to do.
All you're bitching and bleating is just music to me.

The fact that all 18 of these people agreed to step aside if a better selection process was developed is the flaw in you're whole argument.

Will Lary Campbell or any of the other Liberal appointed hacks step aside if asked?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:40 pm

People seem to be in a huff because Harper didn't reform the Senate like he promised and instead filled it with appointees. However, I don't see Senate reform to be the most important thing to be concerned with at the moment. THere is an econmic crisis and a Parlaiment that is in gridlock which should be addressed first. With Harper leading a minority to boot. These kinds of drastic reforms are not usually handeled by minority governments.

As improtant as senate reform is, now is not the time. Appoint these individuals so that the Senate can do its job in the mean time, and revisit the issue at a more appropriate time.