canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:13 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=28537" target="_blank">Want happiness? Live east, researchers find</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/19-health" target="_blank">Health</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Streaker" target="_blank">Streaker</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-12-27 15:36:16
<strong>Canadian</strong>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Because they are living the welfare or EI that Alberta's transfer payments provide

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:15 pm

Please everyone move east...quickly, just leave please!!! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Because they are living the welfare or EI that Alberta's transfer payments provide

That's not the reason given in the article.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure Albertan's would be very happy if they could sit on their butts all day and watch the grass grow, snow pile up, cars rust etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:21 pm

mtbr wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure Albertan's would be very happy if they could sit on their butts all day and watch the grass grow, snow pile up, cars rust etc.

Not really.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:23 pm

ziggy wrote:
mtbr wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Not really.

You're right, we would get bored awfully fast.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:05 pm

mtbr wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Riiiiiight... and Alberta never had its hand out, in the days before they figured out how to get oil out of the sands. :roll: I'm willing to bet neither of you had any protests about it when Alberta was the recipient.

Now it's Alberta's turn to help out, and damned if people like you are ever going to let anybody forget that, for one second. Egad.

Never mind that the happiness factor described in the article had nothing to do with this, and everything to do with a static population and the deeper human bonds that result.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:08 pm

Ex-Expat wrote:
.. and Alberta never had its hand out, in the days before they figured out how to get oil out of the sands. :roll: I'm willing to bet neither of you had any protests about it when Alberta was the recipient.

Now it's Alberta's turn to help out, and damned if people like you are ever going to let anybody forget that, for one second.

Never mind that the happiness factor described in the article had nothing to do with this, and everything to do with a static population and the deeper human bonds that result.

I don't know anybody that old. I think they would have broken a record for the oldest living human :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:14 pm

mtbr wrote:
Ex-Expat wrote:
.. and Alberta never had its hand out, in the days before they figured out how to get oil out of the sands. :roll: I'm willing to bet neither of you had any protests about it when Alberta was the recipient.

Now it's Alberta's turn to help out, and damned if people like you are ever going to let anybody forget that, for one second.

I don't know anybody that old. I think they would have broken a record for the oldest living human :lol:

It's for damn sure that you hold the record for "most ignorant of my own history"

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 pm

I was raised in the States, where they act like Canada doesn't exist. Sheesh, pardon me for knowing the events but not the date off the top of my head. I notice you conveniently sidestepped the point I was making, which btw at least made an attempt to comment on the actual subject of this thread. :?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:58 am

there is a huge difference between eastern and western mentality - huge!! (damn i'm in trouble now for tellin the truth) And pardon me for saying so, but, thank goodness the eastern part of this country brought technology to the western part - i know, i know, western canada is much younger than eastern canada and it's catching up in population with all the shift of population of easterners to western canada but I'd have to say I agree with the article - westerners seem to have a chip on their shoulders and easterners are more light hearted and happier... (alberta just got lucky with their oil - but arrogance was the price tag that came with)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:37 am

wolfwithin wrote:
(alberta just got lucky with their oil - but arrogance was the price tag that came with)
Lucky they might be but they are welcoming anyone in Canada to come there and take part in the "luck". They just don't want to see a lot of the wealth leave the province and I don't blame them, but certainly they aren't stopping people from moving to Alberta to take advantage of it.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 am

Heres a big double fisted fuck you, to you anonymous. I don't know anyone on the east coast who is on welfare. I and everyone I know has worked hard to get where they are. Alberta is a nice place and its great that its got money flowing out its ass, but this is where the country started.

Douche.