bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:44 am

Oh, and Doc - Professor Robert Pielke Jr is every bit as reliable at gathering data as 'not a professor, more an administrator,' Thomas Karl is. You know? Tommy Karl, the guy who ran the crew that rewrote the temperature data so the twenty year pause in warming would disappear.

In fact I and others would say he's much more reliable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:52 am

And when Doc mocks "opinions" he forgets to remind us that's all he's got. He's got an opinion about some selected data that he feels is more important than any other data.

But it's still just an opinion.

So my opinion is I like Bill Whittle's opinion better than Doc's opinion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:06 am

Here's a documentary that puts forward the argument that Global Warming is a swindle and for some strange reason the people in the video don't agree with UN assessment of the situation. ROTFL

So, you can take it with a grain of salt if that's your position on the topic but, what you can't ignore is the fact that it points out the disagreement in the scientific community as to global warming and it's causes.

Enjoy. [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
So, you can take it with a grain of salt if that's your position on the topic but, what you can't ignore is the fact that it points out the disagreement in the scientific community as to global warming and it's causes.

I've taken that with a large grain of salt, in the past. Several leaps in logic that I couldn't accept.

I'm just a layman, who has a better understanding of Physics, Chemistry and Statistics than most. I have a very simple question that if answered would lay bare the whole situation. It's the classic 'null hypothesis'. That is, try to prove the negative result, and failing that the theory must be true.

It's very simple. We are measuring all these greenhouse gasses we put in the atmosphere, and we know their effects. If we are not causing global warming, then show me why these gasses are not causing it.

Very simple. I would think that everyone who doesn't believe the science would be at the front doors of all the oil and coal companies with hands out asking for funding to answer that, as it seems the key to the whole problem.

But everytime I ask that question, it gets met with blank stares.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:29 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

I've taken that with a large grain of salt, in the past. Several leaps in logic that I couldn't accept.

I'm just a layman, who has a better understanding of Physics, Chemistry and Statistics than most. I have a very simple question that if answered would lay bare the whole situation. It's the classic 'null hypothesis'. That is, try to prove the negative result, and failing that the theory must be true.

It's very simple. We are measuring all these greenhouse gasses we put in the atmosphere, and we know their effects. If we are not causing global warming, then show me why these gasses are not causing it.

Very simple. I would think that everyone who doesn't believe the science would be at the front doors of all the oil and coal companies with hands out asking for funding to answer that, as it seems the key to the whole problem.

But everytime I ask that question, it gets met with blank stares.

well then....why not put a tax on water vapour because it enhances the effect of CO2.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:42 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

well then....why not put a tax on water vapour because it enhances the effect of CO2.

I'll see your vapour tax and raise you an omnitax. Basically I propose we tax you for everything you do. Wanna poop? Omnitax! Wanna breathe? Omnitax!! Wanna pee? no tax OMNITAX!!! Wanna turn on your furnace? if you guessed omnitax, you guessed right. The tax for every stage of life. Omnitax.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:35 pm

I'm never sure what warmists mean when they talk about "The Science."

If they're talking the greenhouse gas effect and how it can produce some warming, sure, that's science.

This idea somebody knows some sort of warming apocalypse is coming and has some sort of due date on its arrival though, that's nothing more than something pulled out the political butthole. As far as actual "science" as in "the scientific method" goes the apocalypse of warming is a hypothesis a few Jorel wannabes have.

A hypothesis is a level below a theory. It's more on the level of what we think of as an opinion. There is no scientific consensus on this warming apocalypse scare. If that's what's being suggested and being called "the science" then calling it so is a lie.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:43 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
It's very simple. We are measuring all these greenhouse gasses we put in the atmosphere(1), and we know their effects. If we are not causing global warming, then show me why these gasses are not causing it.(2,3,4)

In two sentences you:

1. Assume that there are accurate measurements for the gases that humanity emits.

2. Clearly state your assertion that man is responsible for 100% of global warming.

3. You ask someone to disprove your assertion.

4. You assert that anthropogenic global warming is settled science.

Thank you. [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:50 pm

llama66 llama66:
I'll see your vapour tax and raise you an omnitax. Basically I propose we tax you for everything you do. Wanna poop? Omnitax! Wanna breathe? Omnitax!! Wanna pee? no tax OMNITAX!!! Wanna turn on your furnace? if you guessed omnitax, you guessed right. The tax for every stage of life. Omnitax.

When I was a little kid back in the early 1970's there was quite a fad in the media to endlessly pronounce upon the 'rising cost of living'. The cost of living index was on the news with regular frequency.

It all left me with the impression that The Cost of Living was some sort of tax or fee that you had to pay to the government or else they'd put you in jail or kill you.

Reality is not far off from my childish perception because if you do not pay taxes then there's a very good chance the government will throw you in jail or kill you if you refuse to go to jail.

And your Omnitax is spot on!

Because where I live if you poop then the water you use to flush your toilet is taxed.

We literally pay taxes (fees and etc) to the Air Resources Board.

Peeing is taxed when you flush.

Your furnace is taxed and if it's a solar furnace it's subjected to a property tax.

And the only thing you missed is the Estate Tax where you have to pay a tax because you died.

:idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 pm

llama66 llama66:
I say bring on the Climate Change Apocalypse. This species needs a hard reset.

Oh, the comeuppance is inevitable now. I suspect that the reality is already well-known because if it weren't then organizations that don't fuck around like the insurance companies and every serious military on the planet wouldn't have imminent/impending catastrophic climate change as a centerpiece of their studies and strategies. Listen to reality or listen to paid-odd politicians from the know-nothing parties - seems like an easy pick to make for anyone who isn't an idiot.

Everything's eventual, including the total collapse of human civilization and the destruction of 90% of the life forms on this planet within the next 80 to 100 years.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Thanos Thanos:
llama66 llama66:
I say bring on the Climate Change Apocalypse. This species needs a hard reset.

Oh, the comeuppance is inevitable now. I suspect that the reality is already well-known because if it weren't then organizations that don't fuck around like the insurance companies and every serious military on the planet wouldn't have imminent/impending catastrophic climate change as a centerpiece of their studies and strategies. Listen to reality or listen to paid-odd politicians from the know-nothing parties - seems like an easy pick to make for anyone who isn't an idiot.

Everything's eventual, including the total collapse of human civilization and the destruction of 90% of the life forms on this planet within the next 80 to 100 years.

Insurance companies are looking at blaming all sorts of things on global warming in order to avoid having to pay out claims.

If the leftists were blaming flocks of parakeets for an imaginary environmental apocalypse then you could be sure that insurance companies would be dismissing claims from anyone even remotely involved with those earth-killing bastard budgies!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Here's to all-hell in our lifetimes! [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Here's to all-hell in our lifetimes! [B-o]

Here's hoping you have a healthy, happy, and prosperous 2019! [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Not gonna happen but thanks anyway.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Not gonna happen but thanks anyway.

Don't mind me if I hold out hope for you! At heart I think you're a good guy and good things eventually happen to good people. :wink: