canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:32 am

Title: ‘We were ignored completely’: Review says RCMP leadership failed to act on harassment complaints | Globalnews.ca
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2021-03-17 18:50:57
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:32 am

Just like the military, senior members have known for ever this was going on. The issue now is you would have to put 50% of the force under arrest. Plus now it is so difficult to navigate people's perceptions. While I loved my 10 years in the blue uniform I am glad I am no longer serving.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:17 am

Something being a systemic problem doesn't mean you ignore it. If anything that means you have to clamp down harder on it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:13 pm

The problem is widespread and baked in deep to our culture. Our media are NOT asking the hard questions and we have been here too many times before. Simply put the decisions of what stories are reported on and how are still called by men who own it and are not motivated to dig deeper. Sure it may be reported by women anchors but the shots are still called by the owners. Our political leaders are just as complicit as their don't ask don't tell is the unwritten protocol. It's no longer 2015 Justin but it feels like we are a vinyl record stuck in the same groove.