Title: Wendy's Serves Up Kiosks As Wages Rise, Hits Fast-Food Group
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2016-05-13 05:38:07

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:17 pm

well there is your example of out of control minimum wage...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:40 pm

I have no concerns. Self service cashiers are inevitable. At the grocery store, it's a great way to buy organic produce at non-organic prices ;)

But seriously, they're not a panacea for employers because as I once mentioned here, you can't pressure a robot or computer into taking out the garbage or covering for a sick supervisor. Plus, you have to buy/lease the machine from another business, who would more sophisticated and more effective at maximizing profits than any human fast food job applicants would be.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:00 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I have no concerns. Self service cashiers are inevitable. At the grocery store, it's a great way to buy organic produce at non-organic prices ;)

That's technically theft.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:00 am

Oh well.

Every good SJW has gotta keep it real and stick it to the corporations every once in a while. Sobeys wanted to gouge me $2.50 for an organic avocado and instead they got paid the $0.99 non-organic price. I'm sure they'll stay in business.

And another thing: the screen only had one button for avocado, apparently to ring up an organic avocado im supposed to navigate to a different screen and then punch in the numeric code thats on the avocados sticker. I was like fuck that. I have an avocado, there's a button right here that says avocado, boom - done. How much time and effort am I supposed to invest in letting them overcharge me and rip me off?

I don't feel guilty at all.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:58 am

Still theft.

I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. My definition of freedom is to have the right to break the rules you disagree with, if you are skillful enough to do it without getting caught. This applies to everything from Organic Avocado Theft and Speeding all the way up to Murder. Of course the more serious the transgression, the more difficult it should be to get away with it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:59 am

First they need to refine the order machine.
Garbled English
Touch screen that pops up the wrong result 3 or 4 times
Timer set so you can't order breakfast after 11:00:000001 am
Ensure there's no way to substitute - you must get the soda pop and THEN add a coffee, no 'instead ofs'
Make sure there's a 'take out' or 'eat in' option, but you get your food in a bag and a paper cup regardless.
Tack on a 50c 'transaction fee' because those machines that don't take breaks, get holidays, maternity or EI "cost so much"....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:02 am

Yeah it's still theft for sure. But IMO it's like unreturned library book or using an employee discount card you still have from a previous employer.

I don't know about the rest of your freedom definition including murder, I'll stick to the victimless crimes though.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:35 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Oh well.

Every good SJW has gotta keep it real and stick it to the corporations every once in a while. Sobeys wanted to gouge me $2.50 for an organic avocado and instead they got paid the $0.99 non-organic price. I'm sure they'll stay in business.

And another thing: the screen only had one button for avocado, apparently to ring up an organic avocado im supposed to navigate to a different screen and then punch in the numeric code thats on the avocados sticker. I was like fuck that. I have an avocado, there's a button right here that says avocado, boom - done. How much time and effort am I supposed to invest in letting them overcharge me and rip me off?

I don't feel guilty at all.

Sounds like victim blaming to me.

"Yer honour, if she hadn't made it so hard to get in her pants I wouldn't have had to toofie her. Besides, she wanted dinner at Ruths Chris! Talk about over charginging. She was a 6, maybe a 7 with the right lighting. I'm just not willing to pay more than Chili's prices for that!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 am

It's total victim blaming.

But im pretty sure underpaying for an avocado doesn't rise to the level of sexual assault.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:41 am

When I worked in banks, one of the perks was that I paid no service charges. 10 years after I left, for some reason (like changing a code in the database) I still wasn't paying any service charges... and I couldn't find any good reason to tell them about it.

Does that mean I was a bank robber? 8O

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:57 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Yeah it's still theft for sure. But IMO it's like unreturned library book or using an employee discount card you still have from a previous employer.

I don't know about the rest of your freedom definition including murder, I'll stick to the victimless crimes though.

It's costing someone else money though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:26 pm

This thread is priceless.

Sorry guys but, poor morals are poor morals and theft is theft even if it's being committed by a member of the left who wants to stick it to the "man". And for the record, you don't get to pick and choose what laws you want to obey because if everyone were to do that we'd be discussing our descent into anarchy rather than one persons moral turpitude. ROTFL

Last edited by Freakinoldguy on Sat May 14, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:28 pm

What took you so long and where's the rest of the gang?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:28 pm