Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 pm

This movement happens every election cycle, especially if we don't like the new government. Political parties form, reform, get swallowed up and corrupted.

Give it a couple months, and it will be forgotten.

"it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Don't just blame Trudeau for this western alienation, blame every politician out of Quebec and Ontario who have seen Western Canada as the Easts piggy bank and punching bag, to be used and abused in the name of "Confederation". All the current narcissist has done is finish the job his predecessors started but, unfortunately for him he's to thick to keep this agenda hidden as well as they did which brings us to this point in history where there is a strong chance that because of his actions the country could implode.

Given my background, never in all my years would I have thought I'd say this but, it's time for the Western Provinces to leave Canada and form their own country especially in light of the fact that this election has shown that the East votes for what it considers it's best interests and not Canada's which, is pretty much a giant middle finger to us out west.

Says first published in 1915.. maybe.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:17 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I am willing to put money down that foreign players will stoke this fire a lot more than what your previous experiences allow for.

There is too much hay to be made here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Robair Robair:
We need a port to ship oil out of...

First we need a pipeline to get it to a port because the only one to a coast now is oddly enough owned by the Federal Gov't.

So Trudeau has the ability to blackmail all attempts at western separation by denying access to any coastal areas and ports and given Gerald Butts mental makeup that's the most likely scenario.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Which foreign players are those?

Do you mean the ones like 'Tides Canada' spinning out of San Francisco behind the Anti-Alberta-oil push?

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Not this time.

Why should a person stay in a "family" when:

a) they're held in contempt by the others
b) they're openly hated by the others
c) the bigger siblings are bound and determined to control the fate of the smaller one even when their decisions are obviously causing nothing but harm

There are far worse things than striking out on your own. And, as has been proven over and over and over again, Alberta derives absolutely not fiscal benefit from being part of Canada. So why stay? :?

And, BTW, I certainly don't expect giant crowds in downtown Calgary or Edmonton waving Canadian flags and yelling out "please stay!" in the same way that happened in Montreal in 1995. They simply don't like us enough to put on a display like that.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:23 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
This movement happens every election cycle, especially if we don't like the new government. Political parties form, reform, get swallowed up and corrupted.

"it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

It depends on if the TMX expansion gets shovels in the ground. The longer this get drawn out, the more fuel for the fire.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:23 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Do you mean the ones like 'Tides Canada' in San Francisco behind the Anti-Alberta oil push?

Yes, but more directly, I mean Russia, China, and USA...all of which stand to gain a great deal if Canada decides to reneg on UNCLOS, down to the very letter.

We are a sheep among wolves that have agreed not to eat the sheep, as long as the sheep produce and play by the "rules".

If the sheep don't follow the "rules", the wolves are happy to have an extra course at the next meal.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:28 pm

peck420 peck420:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I am willing to put money down that foreign players will stoke this fire a lot more than what your previous experiences allow for.

There is too much hay to be made here.

You are not wrong.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Not this time.

Why should a person stay in a "family" when:

a) they're held in contempt by the others
b) they're openly hated by the others
c) the bigger siblings are bound and determined to control the fate of the smaller one even when their decisions are obviously causing nothing but harm

a) We aren't held in contempt. We are mostly ignored.
2) We aren't hated. They do the same thing as we do; what we feel is best for us. Only the West is in the position where what is best for us affects them. What they do, generally does not affect us.
iii) That what families do. They think because they are bigger and older that they are wiser. That may be our fault for not educating them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:33 pm

peck420 peck420:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Do you mean the ones like 'Tides Canada' in San Francisco behind the Anti-Alberta oil push?

Yes, but more directly, I mean Russia, China, and USA...all of which stand to gain a great deal if Canada decides to reneg on UNCLOS, down to the very letter.

We are a sheep among wolves that have agreed not to eat the sheep, as long as the sheep produce and play by the "rules".

If the sheep don't follow the "rules", the wolves are happy to have an extra course at the next meal.

OK now I am intrigued. I love a good conspiracy.

UNCLOS. The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, right?

So if I understand it correctly this one says Russia, China and the US want to dissolve UNCLOs so in order to do that they have to break up Canada. Is that the way it goes?

Any support for that or are we just going with it sounds kind of cool, makes us seem important and allows us to believe the UN matters?

Bet I can make a better case for foreign interests creating conflict against Alberta oil. I like my conspiracy theory better for now. Perhaps we can merge them.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm

They seem immune to any sort of persuasion. That's how egomaniacal they are.

Anyone up for another round of "the West wants in!", the way Preston Manning tried? I'm not. Simply don't have the energy or the faith to bother trying again. The only thing I really believe now is that leaving could in no way be worse than staying.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:38 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
OK now I am intrigued. I love a good conspiracy.

It's not really a conspiracy when all 3 are already pushing the legal limits in the arctic....
$1:
UNCLOS. The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, right?

So if I understand it correctly this one says Russia, China and the US want to dissolve UNCLOs so in order to do that they have to break up Canada. Is that the way it goes?

Any support for that or are we just going with it sounds kind of cool, makes us seem important and allows us to believe the UN matters?

Bet I can make a better case for foreign interests creating conflict against Alberta oil. I like my conspiracy theory better for now.

Thank you for showing that you didn't actually read any of my posts, just cherry picked the buzzwords you wanted, and ran with assumptions.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Thanos Thanos:
They seem immune to any sort of persuasion. That's how egomaniacal they are.

They can be, because they have the population. Ontario alone is nearly half of Canada. Them, plus Quebec form the majority.

Thanos Thanos:
The only thing I really believe now is that leaving could in no way be worse than staying.

Except for that whole First Nations thing. Always the fly in the ointment. Will they vote to leave? And if they do or don't, they still have the land that the pipelines want to cross.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:43 pm

And speaking of pipelines and Native land, people always form Trudeau as the bad guy for not approving pipelines, but it's the limits of what the Federal Government can do on Native land, and the Tribes themselves that have been fighting the pipelines.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  Next