canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Title: What it�s like to be a Muslim living in Canada: �People act as if I�m the spokesperson for ISIS�
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2015-03-20 11:14:01
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Well, he is a spokesperson for ISIS, since any Jihadist terror attack implicates all Muslims. We know this from the sarcastic "Islam is a religion of peace" comments that follow any incident - ie Islam must be a religion of war and anybody that follows it a terrorist.

Unless of course they are a Moslem. Or was that Muslim? Can never get that straight. Muslims, or was that Moslems, aren't terrorists because they don't follow Islam. This, of course, makes perfect sense.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:22 pm

Too bad for them. It sucks when your own people are such horrible human beings and it reflects on you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Ah, collective guilt. Guess we're all responsible for shooting those Mounties in Moncton too, or does collective guilt only apply to coreligionists? Guess the entire army is responsible for Somalia, all cops for Dziekansky, and so forth.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:02 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Too bad for them. It sucks when your own people are such horrible human beings and it reflects on you.

Yup. Just like all the greedy, villainous Jews.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Yep. Let's feel bad for the Muslim people while they continue to treat women like shit, abort girl pregnancies and kill dozens of people daily in the name of Islam around the world.

Let's be the good tolerant Canadian. Nothing to see here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Of course, because that's what they all do.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:18 pm

I can see these people's point. No one wants to be made a poster boy for a cause against their will. I remember being in the military stationed in Europe in the early 80's. I used to take leave, buy a rail pass, travel all over Europe staying at youth hostels and b&b's. We Americans were installing a new round of medium range nuclear missiles in Europe at the time to counter the Soviet buildup. Many Europeans were against this military buildup. Everywhere I traveled, once people realized I was an American, they wanted to argue politics with me. It never failed. All I wanted to do was have a few beers, see the sights, and enjoy myself. People really wanted to confront me. It got to be overwhelming. I remember telling people that I was just a peon, I had no personal hotline to President Reagan. They could bitch to me all they wanted too, all they were doing was ruining my vacation. People wanted to make me some kind of American ambassador. I was a kid, 20 years old trying to have a good time. I don't even remember being into politics at the time. Being American and a service member was a total buzzkill in Europe in those days. I remember back in 2003 I had a trip to Ireland planned. It was very cheap. A few hundred Dollars for airfare, a rental car, and a list of b&b's I could stay at for free (the price was included in the cost of the trip). I was really looking forward to it. Than the Iraq war broke out. I remember seeing anti American protests breaking out all over Ireland at the time. I said fuck it.I needed a good time, not arguing with people all week. I cancelled the trip, and went to the Caribbean instead.

I can see where these people are coming from. That said I will say that whatever inconveniences these people may experience living in Canada, they are a million times better off living in Canada than where they came from. Just like I was a million times better off being stationed in a civilized place like Europe, rather than a third world shithole. People may have wanted to argue with me, but they were not trying to kill me. 142 people were killed in a Mosque bombing in Yemen today. How many were killed in Mosque bombings in Canada? Zero. These people are damned lucky to be living in Canada. Damned Lucky!!! Coming to Canada was the best decision they ever made. Some strange looks, inappropriate questions, misunderstanding, or social awkwardness are a small price to pay for the very extreme increase in standard of living that these people are enjoying in Canada.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:53 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Yup, non-Canadians ask me all the time why I treat natives so badly. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:34 am

... and the baby seals !!!...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:48 am

xerxes xerxes:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Yup. Just like all the greedy, villainous Jews.

At least you are open and honest about it. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:53 am

andyt andyt:
Of course, because that's what they all do.

Not all, just most. Make the wife cover herself up, sit in the back seat of the car, find out if your wife is having a girl and if so, abort that right away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:17 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

Don't get me started. :(

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:56 am

raydan raydan:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

Don't get me started. :(

I've had that one in Europe. Not much about the natives though. We're doing a pretty good job of keeping that dirry little secret.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:00 am

rickc rickc:
I can see these people's point. No one wants to be made a poster boy for a cause against their will. I remember being in the military stationed in Europe in the early 80's. I used to take leave, buy a rail pass, travel all over Europe staying at youth hostels and b&b's. We Americans were installing a new round of medium range nuclear missiles in Europe at the time to counter the Soviet buildup. Many Europeans were against this military buildup. Everywhere I traveled, once people realized I was an American, they wanted to argue politics with me. It never failed. All I wanted to do was have a few beers, see the sights, and enjoy myself. People really wanted to confront me. It got to be overwhelming. I remember telling people that I was just a peon, I had no personal hotline to President Reagan. They could bitch to me all they wanted too, all they were doing was ruining my vacation. People wanted to make me some kind of American ambassador. I was a kid, 20 years old trying to have a good time. I don't even remember being into politics at the time. Being American and a service member was a total buzzkill in Europe in those days. I remember back in 2003 I had a trip to Ireland planned. It was very cheap. A few hundred Dollars for airfare, a rental car, and a list of b&b's I could stay at for free (the price was included in the cost of the trip). I was really looking forward to it. Than the Iraq war broke out. I remember seeing anti American protests breaking out all over Ireland at the time. I said fuck it.I needed a good time, not arguing with people all week. I cancelled the trip, and went to the Caribbean instead.

I can see where these people are coming from. That said I will say that whatever inconveniences these people may experience living in Canada, they are a million times better off living in Canada than where they came from. Just like I was a million times better off being stationed in a civilized place like Europe, rather than a third world shithole. People may have wanted to argue with me, but they were not trying to kill me. 142 people were killed in a Mosque bombing in Yemen today. How many were killed in Mosque bombings in Canada? Zero. These people are damned lucky to be living in Canada. Damned Lucky!!! Coming to Canada was the best decision they ever made. Some strange looks, inappropriate questions, misunderstanding, or social awkwardness are a small price to pay for the very extreme increase in standard of living that these people are enjoying in Canada.

Great post, but the question now is, what if instead of ruining a vacation that was your every day life? Instead of strangers it's the friends and neighbours you've known your whole life? Instead of 20 years old with at least a little military imposed self-control you're 16 and already angry(cause 16 year olds are all angry)?

I wonder why some of these people have troubel seeing how lucky they are?