PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:50 am

Title: Who are Canada's 'freemen'?
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Curtman
Date: 2010-10-31 05:46:59
Canadian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:50 am

$1:
Canada�s new radical right is appearing as groups with an almost identical platform are exploding south of the border. American sovereign citizens groups emerged in the 1970s as an outgrowth of the tax protest movement.

Is this what Harper means when he says "No taxes are good taxes"?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:35 am

Naw, I'm pretty sure these are Mr. Canada's kind of people, what with severing their "contracts" and such.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:05 am

Wonder of these retards have denied themselves access to federal health care? While they're at it, please leave the government managed transportations systems - i.e. roads, find a place in the woods and enjoy your freedom there.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:37 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
Wonder of these retards have denied themselves access to federal health care? While they're at it, please leave the government managed transportations systems - i.e. roads, find a place in the woods and enjoy your freedom there.

I always wonder what these kind of guys think they are "free" to do: not pay taxes, exceed the speed limit, smoke in a public place, have their girlfriends get an abortion, stand outside a daycare with their penis hanging out? They seem to want broken the laws they don't agree with, but not the laws they do agree with. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:43 am

I know someone who think about the same way. He has not paid taxes for years but has a card that exempt him. It's in the constitution it seems.

But he has to pay everything from his pocket and still obey laws tho.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:05 am

Ah, the leeches and moochers movement.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:08 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Gunnair Gunnair:

I always wonder what these kind of guys think they are "free" to do: not pay taxes, exceed the speed limit, smoke in a public place, have their girlfriends get an abortion, stand outside a daycare with their penis hanging out? They seem to want broken the laws they don't agree with, but not the laws they do agree with. :roll:

Yeah. The right of being a parasite seems to be what they're fighting for.

I'd have a bit more respect for them if they went and built their own community completely independent (or at least mostly independent) of central government.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:20 am

In economics we call that a "free rider". Like someone who takes a train without paying since the others paid anyway.

But well... I don't know in other provinces but in Quebec, 42% of the people do not pay taxes but still get all the services. Is it better ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Proculation Proculation:
I know someone who think about the same way. He has not paid taxes for years but has a card that exempt him. It's in the constitution it seems.

But he has to pay everything from his pocket and still obey laws tho.

tell us about this exemption card pls sir

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm pretty sure anywhere that classifications for Citizen vs Freemen exist or have existed allow for Citizens to legally hunt Freemen for sport but do not include tax exemptions for Freemen.

If we can keep the classical usage of Freemen I support this classification.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Unsound Unsound:
Naw, I'm pretty sure these are Mr. Canada's kind of people, what with severing their "contracts" and such.

They lost me at "Jews run everything". (actually a bit before that, but that one really pisses me off)

They are 9/11 Truthers and fucking morons. They are so close to getting it but turn to the whole 'Illuminati' crap and are hogwild insane.

Maybe if they had a point, a coherent fucking message, I'd have respect for this utter wastes of sane time. Instead they think Judaism actually fucking matters in anything. They will hunt through a person's family hierarchy to find a possible Jewish relative just to link you to the bloody conspiracy.

The severing of contracts idea is neat, but again, they are indiscriminate, chaotic, and totally unprepared.

Mr. C's advice: Stop drinking fucking Kool-Aid. You oppose the government but buy vehicles and homes from corporates? If you're going to go part way, go all the way douchebags.

Keep up the no-contract thing though! Go buy a bike, and buy no name foods or non-corporate goods. Otherwise it's quite hypocritical.

I bet all their information and details are in corporate databases everywhere.

Like, I "get it". Their point is that they just are not 'Canadian'. They aren't 'Anything'. They reject it. But then what? It ends there. There's no coherent plan, no true thought on the matter. They go out, work for their bosses, and consume.

What kind of society do they envision? They don't.

EDIT: Also, they aren't really in the appropriate business of picking and choosing laws, ESPECIALLY ROAD SAFETY LAWS.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:47 pm

Proof positive that an invasive species, the Teabircher (I love that one, Thanos) has taken root in Canada. And we were worried about zebra mussels, Asian carp and killer bees.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:50 pm

I like teahadis - I don't know who came up with that one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:51 pm

I like 'teabaggers'.

Just cause they hate it.