canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Let's see though, what DOES the Bible teach Laurie?

Well, it teaches me to kill a man for gathering sticks on the sabbath. It teaches me that if I survive Soddom and Gammorah's bum-a-thon by offering up my daughters rather than fresh angel-bum, I can let my daughters get me drunk and knock themselves up (Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!). I can tie my son down to a rock at God's command and raise a knife to him, just as a test! My defence in court? The Nuremburg defence! I was following God's orders! When Moses attacked the Midianites, his soldiers didn't kill the children, but Moses, great role model that he was, threw a hissy fit and told his soldiers to murder the boys and rape the girls! 2000 years later, Roman Catholic priests got it backwards. Well, actually, the altar-boys got it backwards if you want to get technical...

Yup Laurie, I'm sure glad that Obama's administration is keeping the Bible the FUCK OUT OF THINGS.

What I'm interested in having the Creationist museum answer is this small problem with Creationism. If God created rabbits to escape wolves, and he created wolves to catch rabbits, what the fuck intelligent design is that?

What is God doing up there?

Oh....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Wow Im glad she isnt teaching anymore.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Wow Im glad she isnt teaching anymore.

I bet within 20 years, there will be a reverse Scopes Monkey Trial, with some nimrod teacher sneaking in Creationism during public school science.

Oh, wouldn't William Jennings Bryan just spin in his fat little grave?

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanos Thanos:
coaster_dot coaster_dot:
I guess a lot of people have been going...

$1:
Image Laurie Geesey, 57, made the 560-mile trip from Wisconsin the night before with her husband Richard. The former high school teacher, who says she believes God created "everything visible and invisible", feels people look down on her views "especially under the current [White House] administration". "It interferes with their lifestyle, you know 'If it feels good go ahead and do it' - the Bible doesn't teach that," she says. In fact, she's not sure Darwin believed his own theory. Husband Richard Geesey, 67, a retired university professor, says he was "very impressed" by the museum and liked the fact that scriptures backed up the exhibits. "I believe in a lot of this and wanted to see how accurate it was," he says. "I believe the Earth is around 5,500 years old. If you don't believe in Genesis, you don't believe in anything else."

I definitely believe that Mr. Geesey is some kind of an in-bred moron. Does my believing in this indisputable certitude count as faith?.

You Sir, have created your own religion. You may now never pay taxes again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Dayseed Dayseed:

Well, it teaches me to kill a man for gathering sticks on the sabbath. It teaches me that if I survive Soddom and Gammorah's bum-a-thon by offering up my daughters rather than fresh angel-bum, I can let my daughters get me drunk and knock themselves up (Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!). I can tie my son down to a rock at God's command and raise a knife to him, just as a test! My defence in court? The Nuremburg defence! I was following God's orders! When Moses attacked the Midianites, his soldiers didn't kill the children, but Moses, great role model that he was, threw a hissy fit and told his soldiers to murder the boys and rape the girls! 2000 years later, Roman Catholic priests got it backwards. Well, actually, the altar-boys got it backwards if you want to get technical...
Thankfully, most Christians are much, much more moral than their Bible, and have the good sense to ignore the so-called word of God... they're just uncomfortable with the notion that they're more moral than their supposed compass, or that they use their own morality to filter out the retarded parts of the Bible, if they ever bother to read them at all.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:43 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Dayseed Dayseed:

Thankfully, most Christians are much, much more moral than their Bible, and have the good sense to ignore the so-called word of God... they're just uncomfortable with the notion that they're more moral than their supposed compass, or that they use their own morality to filter out the retarded parts of the Bible, if they ever bother to read them at all.

That doesn't sound very much like me. I'm glad that I am held in such high regard. :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:31 pm

poquas poquas:
8O What if they're right? 8O
Damn poquas, now ya got me worried :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:33 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
herbie herbie:
Pretty boring museum. One Sunday 6,000 years ago, God made EVERYTHING.
Then on Monday HE KILLED 99% OF THEM.
Tuesday HE KILLED ANOTHER 99% of life on Earth.
Why? He works in mysterious ways. You'll go to Hell if you even try to figure it out.

I'm pretty sure there'd be a lot more to it than that.
Gee RUEZ, I think you are a closet creationist :lol: Perhaps you guys need your own PRIDE week :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:54 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
RUEZ RUEZ:
herbie herbie:
Pretty boring museum. One Sunday 6,000 years ago, God made EVERYTHING.
Then on Monday HE KILLED 99% OF THEM.
Tuesday HE KILLED ANOTHER 99% of life on Earth.
Why? He works in mysterious ways. You'll go to Hell if you even try to figure it out.

I'm pretty sure there'd be a lot more to it than that.
Gee RUEZ, I think you are a closet creationist :lol: Perhaps you guys need your own PRIDE week :?

No closet needed.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:29 pm

I didn't think the closet was needed either.......

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:48 pm

Sigh these threads come out every few weeks on this site. Seriously, the insecurity of atheists on this site is amazing. (yes, this is a bash-God topic, not a bash creationism one, with the many posts alluding to the first part).

You guys really need to get over yourselves. Its like the gay pride parade. After a while, nobody cares.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Yikes, if a breastfeeding pick isn't allowed I doubt your wall poster is. Nice try though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:34 pm

poquas poquas:
8O What if they're right? 8O

Sorry, I couldn't help myself! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What kind of shrink are you then?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanos Thanos:
coaster_dot coaster_dot:
I guess a lot of people have been going...

$1:
Image Laurie Geesey, 57, made the 560-mile trip from Wisconsin the night before with her husband Richard. The former high school teacher, who says she believes God created "everything visible and invisible", feels people look down on her views "especially under the current [White House] administration". "It interferes with their lifestyle, you know 'If it feels good go ahead and do it' - the Bible doesn't teach that," she says. In fact, she's not sure Darwin believed his own theory. Husband Richard Geesey, 67, a retired university professor, says he was "very impressed" by the museum and liked the fact that scriptures backed up the exhibits. "I believe in a lot of this and wanted to see how accurate it was," he says. "I believe the Earth is around 5,500 years old. If you don't believe in Genesis, you don't believe in anything else."

I definitely believe that Mr. Geesey is some kind of an in-bred moron. Does my believing in this indisputable certitude count as faith?.

No, because that requires no leap of logic.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 am

commanderkai commanderkai:
Sigh these threads come out every few weeks on this site. Seriously, the insecurity of atheists on this site is amazing. (yes, this is a bash-God topic, not a bash creationism one, with the many posts alluding to the first part).

You guys really need to get over yourselves. Its like the gay pride parade. After a while, nobody cares.

But your post implies a simple dichotomy... Christian God or no God. What about Thor sir? Why do you bash Thor and deny him his existence? When did Thor fall from grace so much that you have to become a Thor Atheist?

You're simply an atheist that hasn't agreed on one particular God.